It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver School Praised In President's Speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
OOOOOOPS! Did Obama just throw the Teacher's Union under the bus? It seems the school that he praised, was allowed to get rid of the union and run the school as they saw fit. Hmmmm and what happened? They get mentioned by the US President during the SOTU.

www.thedenverchannel.com...

Bruce Randolph was a middle school when it opened in 2002. In 2007, Denver Public Schools gave Bruce Randolph School permission to operate autonomously. It was the first school in the state to be granted autonomy from district and union rules.

Each teacher then had to reapply for his or her job. A published report said only six teachers remained.

"Teachers who didn't believe in the students didn't come on board," said Kristin Waters, principal during the transition. Teachers also had to have "a willingness to learn and to grow and to work with other teachers."

So folks, did Obama throw them under the bus or did the teleprompter make a mistake? We all know the TOTUS was the real one speaking anyway.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I think there is only one loyalty here and it is becoming more and more obvious. The AFT and the NEA are coming under public scrutiny. Even though they almost unanimously supported the Obama campaign, I think under the bus they are for now. They may come back around election time. Personally I think the POTUS will support whatever will keep him re-elected. He may not keep his promises but he will make them to put the sheep to sleep.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

I think whoever wrote the speech made a mistake, IMO.

Obama cannot get re elected without the unions. If this gets any big coverage in the MSM (M M is pretty big) the people will just get another look at what the real problems of our schools are.

Funny how the Pres made the same decision in regards to the private schools in DC, where he took away the choice of the public but put his kids in one of the private schools there.

I guess some animals are more equal than others.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Just a bump to see if folks have seen this.

I know the MSM does not actually do any investigation of what Obama says, but maybe the ATS community can see the truth?

top topics

join