It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ga. Lawmaker Proposes Doing Away With Driver's Licenses

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

"Driving" legally means using the public road for profit.

The people paid for that road with public funds.

Therefore the people have the right to levy taxation upon commercial interests whom use the public property for profit.

This is super simple and basic.

Show everyone where you are getting your definitions from, why don't you.

It looks as though you are just pulling them out of you ass (i.e random internet links).

Are these links the same ones lawyers and judges use?

Lawyers and Judges use Legal Dictionaries?
What do YOU think they use? Opinions? Cmon.

Ever heard of a Library? Why don't you go look it up yourself?

I have.
Here is a FUN link, PLZ READ

edit on 1-2-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

Do you think you just linked me to a legal dictionary?

Do you think a legal dictionary is a statute or law with explicit definitions, or do you think all definitions are implied?

You don't have to be so vague about everything, you know.

link   
"employ - use: put into service; make work or employ for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose; "use your head!"; "we only use Spanish at home"; "I can't use this tool"; "Apply a magnetic field here"; "This thinking was applied to many projects"; "How do you utilize this tool? "...

That's a definition of employ. That snippet of text about the definition of driver seems to be saying a driver is simply anyone driving a vehicle. Change the word to "engaged" from "employed" (as they can both mean the same thing) and the meaning becomes clear, to me.

link   

I don't know what it means in that CONTEXT, because it doesn't EXPLICITLY DEFINE IT.

However, in the CONTEXT of ACQUIRING A DRIVER'S LICENSE IN FLORIDA:

“Drive” means to operate or be in actual physical control of a motor vehicle in any place open to the general public for purposes of vehicular traffic.

Ok, so I'll just let you READ DEEPLY into that and come up a stupid explanation. I suppose with your twisted logic, everything in that definition screams commercial (since it's all commercial from the beginning).

Dude. I already defined Traffic in this thread.

Traffic is a COMMERCIAL activity 100% all the time.

Why is it called "DRUG TRAFFICKING" ??? Because it's COMMERCE.

"Traffic: Commerce, trade, sale or exchange of merchandise, bills, money, or the like. The passing of goods and commodities from one person to another for an equivalent in goods or money..."; Bovier's Law Dictionary, 1914 ed., p. 3307.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I don't know what it means in that CONTEXT, because it doesn't EXPLICITLY DEFINE IT.

“Drive” means to operate or be in actual physical control of a motor vehicle in any place open to the general public for purposes of vehicular traffic.

Ok, so I'll just let you READ DEEPLY into that and come up a stupid explanation. I suppose with your twisted logic, everything in that definition screams commercial (since it's all commercial from the beginning).

"Traffic: Commerce, trade, sale or exchange of merchandise, bills, money, or the like. The passing of goods and commodities from one person to another for an equivalent in goods or money..."; Bovier's Law Dictionary, 1914 ed., p. 3307.

Really?

www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&channel=s&biw=1152&bih=700&defl=en&q=define:traffic&sa=X&ei= V8lITea2PJSosQOqzMCUCg&ved=0CBYQkAE

Seems like plenty of non-commerce related definitions in there to me.

EDIT:

Stupid emoticons not letting my link work.... anyway just look up definitions for "traffic" there is more than just commercial related ones.
edit on 1-2-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Who gives a ''...'' about the different terminology ?

The Judge of the Court.

And Me, if I am ever on trial.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Use a Legal dictionary.

As I said, legal terminology is not equal to Standard English terminology.

Same words have different meanings. That's the epicenter of this entire misunderstanding.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

CDL's are for really big vehicles and limos.

It's not what it sounds like, it's not the "commerce" licence.

The proof is that Taxis can use a non-commercial licence to "drive" and make money, which is actually commerce. Thus "Driver" is the key term here.

"Non-CDL" means it's not the truck/limo licence.

It's a trick of wording. Both are commerce taxes/regulations.

Then why does New York City define Taxi Cabs as Commercial Motor Vehicles?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Your country, as you've stated, apparently, has a law that doesn't require a driver to obtain a licence before he hits the road.

You just don't get it. I have to stop arguing the same thing over and over with you. You refuse to understand.

Drivers are required to get licences, because it's commercial activity and it's regulated and taxed.

No one is allowed to "drive" without a licence. I simply refuse to go over this anymore with you. You purposefully are obviously just keeping at this for fun lol.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

You can't define traffic in this thread and have it magically apply to anything you want. Surely, you aren't that... hell, you are.

New York defines driver as:

[quote]
§ 113. Driver. Every person who operates or drives or is in actual
physical control of a vehicle. Whenever the terms "chauffeur" or
"operator" or "chauffeur's license" or "operator's license" are used in
this chapter, such terms shall be deemed to mean driver and driver's
license respectively.

It doesn't say anything about traffic. Go ahead and run this thru that grinder between your ears.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I suggest you guys all visit a country where they don't require you to take any tests for your license, they just give it to you. Then watch the papers and the news and do some driving around and then tell me how good of an idea this sounds to you. Its pretty awesome when your wife/husband/child/parent/sibling gets killed in a car wreck by someone that never learned any traffic laws or even realized they existed. At least you will know you are free while you attend their funerals.

Yeah go ahead and get some real world experience and try and think outside of your own bubble you live in and realize how stupid this is. Forget drunk drivers, sober ones are dangerous enough. Tell me how its your right to be able to get on the road and kill people with a 3000 pound vehicle if you want to.

Where do you stop? Can a 10 year old drive a car too? Do they not have the same rights that you have? You trust your 10 year old child to drive a car and not kill themselves or anyone else?

Use your heads guys.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Because they are.

That's why every state in the union requires a "Drivers" Licence to conduct that activity.

You don't see the trick of terminology here?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

The Judge of the Court.

And Me, if I am ever on trial.

The same Judge of the Court who upholds the law ?

While it's understandable for you to fill your comments with bluster...

Let's have some links to court cases querying the need for a driver's licence.

Please provide me with this evidence, otherwise your assertions are going to look even more ridiculous than they already are.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Because they are.

That's why every state in the union requires a "Drivers" Licence to conduct that activity.

You don't see the trick of terminology here?

.. because they are? The definition for Commercial Motor Vehicle is any vehicle over 26,001 lbs. Does a taxi cab weight that much?

How about when the taxi is off duty, and not picking up passengers? Is the guy still drving?

NO!!! HE'S TRAVELING.

lol

So, if I were a taxi driver, could I drive along and have my passenger jump in and out of the vehicle to transition from driving to traveling?

I could give him my license while he did this too.

What would happen if a cop tried to pull me over as my passenger was converting me from driving to traveling?

What extra rights to I get out of this?

I don't think the cop could do anything because it would be hard for him to prove I was driving or traveling... especially if I had 2 people doing this at once.

edit on 1-2-2011 by RestingInPieces because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2011 by RestingInPieces because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Drivers are required to get licences, because it's commercial activity and it's regulated and taxed.

No one is allowed to "drive" without a licence. I simply refuse to go over this anymore with you. You purposefully are obviously just keeping at this for fun lol.

Very well then. Next time I get into my 4runner to visit grandma... clearly I am not doing so for commercial purposes. So I am NOT DRIVING. I'm simply "traveling".

and free to do so,

Sri Oracle

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

Very well then. Next time I get into my 4runner to visit grandma... clearly I am not doing so for commercial purposes. So I am NOT DRIVING. I'm simply "traveling".

and free to do so,

Sri Oracle

EXACTLY!

You get it!!!

That's why I keep starring your posts. You actually understand the law!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

.. because they are? The definition for Commercial Motor Vehicle is any vehicle over 26,001 lbs. Does a taxi cab weight that much?

How about when the taxi is off duty, and not picking up passengers? Is the guy still drving?

NO!!! HE'S TRAVELING.

lol

RIGHT LOL!!! Finally you get it!!

"Commercial Motor Vehicle" in context of a CDL, is a large vehicle.

BUT, this term "Commercial Motor Vehicle" Does NOT mean "All vehicles capable of commerce".
You can do commerce on a motorcycle. Thus a class M licence.

If I shoot at you with a hand "gun", it's "assault". But is it with a "assault weapon"? No. It's a hand gun.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
I'm simply "traveling".

and free to do so,

Sri Oracle

EXACTLY!

You get it!!!

That's why I keep starring your posts. You actually understand the law!

Its all in what you call it... and you are what your food eats

Sri Oracle

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

You just don't get it. I have to stop arguing the same thing over and over with you. You refuse to understand.

Usually, when somebody pig-headedly refuses to change their position, then they lash out against all and sundry...

Thanks for that, mate.

I understand totally. It's your inability to logically or ethically justify your position that leads to your lack of understanding on this conundrum.

You're confusing me with someone who give a ''...''.

''Commercial activity'' is nonsense. Everybody, throughout the world, laughs at your citizens who are the most restricted people in the Western world, because you use some 300-year-old parchment as a way to live in the 21st century, and it restricts the development of modern-day citizens.

Still, if you want to perpetually live in the late 18th/early 19th century, then why don't you all just become Amish ?

Stop being intellectually dishonest, and selecting the parts of the US Constitution that you want to be applicable, while ignoring the other parts that you don't want to apply to you...

LOL.

“A coward dies a thousand deaths... a soldier dies but once.”

edit on 1-2-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

NO!!! HE'S TRAVELING.

lol

RIGHT LOL!!! Finally you get it!!

"Commercial Motor Vehicle" in context of a CDL, is a large vehicle.

BUT, this term "Commercial Motor Vehicle" Does NOT mean "All vehicles capable of commerce".
You can do commerce on a motorcycle. Thus a class M licence.

If I shoot at you with a hand "gun", it's "assault". But is it with a "assault weapon"? No. It's a hand gun.

You can do commerce while you are walking too, how come you don't need a commercial walking license?

Holy crap! Look what I just found!

Three killed while walking on train tracks in Commerce
www.wavenewspapers.com...

These guys were walking while in commerce, on train tracks no less. That's like DOUBLE commerce!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join