It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qantas plane drops 26,000 feet during Melbourne-bound flight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Qantas plane drops 26,000 feet during Melbourne-bound flight

www.heraldsun.com.au

The Melbourne-bound Qantas flight dropped 26,000 feet during the mid-air drama this morning after pressure was lost in the cabin.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

edit on 31/1/11 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
They are saying that a air conditioning fault has caused this..... lets see what cover up story comes out for this Virgin plane which has been reported by passengers that it also fell vertical in the sky.

A passenger has described chaotic scenes aboard a Melbourne-bound flight from Thailand when the plane struck turbulence and threw members of the cabin crew into the air.

www.smh.com.au...

www.heraldsun.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I blame fireworks.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Look at the ROSE site right now. Over 30 airplane incidents over America today....

Link:hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

If fireworks are killing birds and dropping planes from the sky, we're going to have one hell of an Independance Day this year.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Lucky that the plane recovered after a nearly 5 mile dive. It may have been intentional to bring the plane down to an atmospheric level where people could breathe and survive. Real cold up there and not much oxygen.

For just one plane to have an incident is normal .... but 30?

This is similar to the mass of air accidents that happened nationwide after the Roswell incident.

A statistically high incidence of incidents and crashes which some theorized was retribution for the "shoot down" of an alien craft.

Just sayin.
edit on 31-1-2011 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
OK People time to CALM DOWN

This plane did NOT "drop" 26,000 after an airconditioning fault. I think you will find that an "Air Con" Fault led to a pressurisation fault which in turn required the pilots to initiate an emergency (but still in control) descent to below 10,000 ft.

If the aircraft was cruising at 36000 and decended to 10000 then this is your 26000!!!

Standard operating procedure for non normal aircraft operations does not make good fear majing headlines

BREAKING NEWS

Well trained pilot carries out text book procedure just the way he was trained to do. everyone lived.

By the way,

I haven;t read so far in the article, but of anyone mentions the smell of burning in the cabin that is because the generators that are used to produced breathing oxygen, have a chemical reaction that produced heat and smoke.

simple as that.

Move on nothing to see!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I feel for the people that went thru the drop, some may never want to fly again. I use to fly a lot and about 7 years ago I decided for my safety at the terminals and in the air I no longer wanted to fly, I am now afraid to fly. The experience one can have in the sky now and none to the good. What happened to safey first, I remember in the old days (don't wanna give away my age) they were more concerned about safety and having the passengers relax and enjoy the flight. No decent food anymore either - that's it for me. Hope all the passengers recover from the traumatic experience.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Phew...

Maybe it was a "Lost" factor. lol

Australian flight?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
By the way the ROES map lists a lot of information provided by the FAA under the FOIA which included "incidents" if you check these you will find that these are mainly old news and general aviation "incidents" which are reportable under the FAA regulations. and thusly get logged on the hazard map.

There really is no conspiracy here, it just looks odd considering the scope of information

If you really wnat good information on aviation incident news

go to

www.avherald.com

or

www.pprune.org

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Crazydaisy,

I know what you feel but believe me, our industry now is so focused on Safety and Continues airworthiness improvement its just not funny (or cheap)

thats why we aren't getting good food anymore.

But was it ever any good?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by comody88
If fireworks are killing birds and dropping planes from the sky, we're going to have one hell of an Independance Day this year.

No kidding. We better get some helmets and rain coats. Birds falling from those altitudes may sting a hit, and it may be a bit messy. I'm not sure helmets and rain coats will help anyone against airplanes but it's not like you'd live to find out anyway.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
People on the plane reported the nose rised up then the plane dropped out of the sky "without warning" cabin crew were walking through the isles and were thrown through the air and people without seatbelts on were thrown from their seats.... These were eye witness accounts and as one man said he thought "the game was up". Another said "I thought we were going to die", that is real not MSM and engineers broadcasting their theories.

Ok so if the plane had some kind of unkown fault which caused it too drop from the sky do you think they will come out with an article saying, "Ok the incidents of the current Quantas flight is un identified so we are cancelling all further flights for our company and most likely closing down our Airline and decomissioning all related aircrafts". Sure that would go down well

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Thats interesting wonder if its piezoelectric pulsing from along the fault line? that interferes with the planes electrics.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dniMnepO

Seriously?? UNKNOWN FAULT that led it to DROP from the sky

Holy crap does anyone read this stuff

PRESSURISATION PROBLEM LEADING TO STANDARD EMERGENCY DECENT, WHICH HAPPENS ALL THE TIME SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD!

For pilots its normal and what they are trained for.

For the pax it's scary yes. but that is only because they cannot see what is going on and it is an exacerbated feeling of loss of personal control!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I mentioned to my wife a few months ago to watch out when planes start falling out of the sky. I'm not saying these incidents don't fall under "normal" range for air travel, but I do think the causes are becoming somewhat suspect. My advice is if you don't have to fly don't, but if you do don't worry about it.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by willie9696

And which rash of incidents would you be referring to. So far I have only noted this standard emergency decent.

What causes do you feel are becoming suspect?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Denver International Airport has also had 3 aircraft with cracked windows after takeoff. Although not unheard of, it is very rare. Sorry don't have the link, will search for it.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

what about me, I live on the flight path of an Airport.....
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Originally posted by dniMnepO
People on the plane reported the nose rised up then the plane dropped out of the sky "without warning" cabin crew were walking through the isles and were thrown through the air and people without seatbelts on were thrown from their seats.... These were eye witness accounts and as one man said he thought "the game was up". Another said "I thought we were going to die", that is real not MSM

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Not as rare as you might think.

Please check www.avherald.com and do a search for windshield. Although by no means is this an exhaustive listing.

I guess denver is cold this time of year.

Aircraft windows are fitted with heating elements in them. A fatigued or delaminated widow could suffer from thermal stress when the heating is turned on.

Apart from it scaring the crap out of the pilot. the last time a window failed leading to the pilot going out of the window was a British Airways BAC1-11 in the 80's the pilot survived. and the plane landed OK.

Good news is that modern plane windows have a different construction that stops that from happening.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join