It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM Calling latest Winter Storm "Potentially biggest storm ever seen"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
www.spc.noaa.gov...
www.weather.com...
en.wikipedia.org...(atmosphere)
www.sciencedaily.com...
www.terracycles.com...:superstorms&catid=1:earth&Itemid=2
weatherfreaks.net...
researchnews.osu.edu...
www.sciencedaily.com...
press.princeton.edu...
iceagenow.com...
www.newscientist.com...
www.sciencedaily.com...
www.bobkingsley.co.uk...
www.sciencedaily.com...
news.scotsman.com...
www.timesonline.co.uk...

www.wunderground.com...

This could just be a taste of whats to come. Global superstorms caused by global warming could cause an ice age.

edit on 31-1-2011 by green-tree because: more info and clarification

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Looks to be a good sized storm!
I made a gif here for your viewing pleasure

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba3b48f9f4fa.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
whats with all the toilet paper? diarhea in the forecast too?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I really hope all of you in the mid-west and east are not all about to die. That would not be good. Good luck people and stay as warm as you can!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

Quality supplies for a couple of really "crappy" days ahead.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter

Originally posted by wingsfan

Quality supplies for a couple of really "crappy" days ahead.

Breadmaker? check.... Flour? check .... Yeast? check.... Eggs? check
TP (multi-roll pack) check and double check.........don't forget the hand sanitizer.

It's a chick thing, trust me

YogaGinns (Iwinder's wife)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Just wondering if this could be a ploy after the Chinese visit? Perhaps they told them to be patient about what we owe them, just wait and we will create a run on all their products in every big chain store they supply for 2000 miles.

I dont know, it just seems unnatural to me, somehow contrived.

I will say that this thread has kept me amused, and guess what? I have everything we could ever need, except, forgot the angel soft!!!

Well, looks like its 7 of us and a newspaper
Mac and cheese? Better stop up their colons, bind them up...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

I'm glad I'm missing it. Just barely!
These megastorms are getting troublesome. Two years ago at this time we were sitting for 13 days covered in ice with no power or water. We improvised, though, and survived. And last Spring we experienced intense flooding of our house. Still recovering from all that damage. Water came up from the cellar into the first floor.

Good luck to everyone who lives in the path of this storm!! Be safe! Try to stay warm! Start filling containers with water! I hope you have alternative heating and cooking methods. We keep extra wood, kerosene and charcoal for such emergencies. Water and food heats great on top of a kersosene heater! We were never without hot coffee. Yes, heating water to boiling and then pouring it through an unplugged Mr. Coffee works quite well.

God bless you all!!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This all reminds me of those predictions of a MIni Ice Age that most people were trying to debunk, I think the guy who said it was from England or someplace like that.

Also, I think that there are alot of other people that knew this was coming, or they had a hand in making it happen, Chemtrails, Haarp and any other kinds of Weather Modification they have been doing.

If you change the weather in one place, then it might effect other areas, sort of like a positive and Negative affect, Ying/Yang so to speak. People have reported Chemtrails all over the world, I know I've seen plenty of them here in Los Angeles Ca..

I just hope nobody dies as a result of this mega-storm.

Everyone take care.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Just wondering if this could be a ploy after the Chinese visit? Perhaps they told them to be patient about what we owe them, just wait and we will create a run on all their products in every big chain store they supply for 2000 miles.

I dont know, it just seems unnatural to me, somehow contrived.

I will say that this thread has kept me amused, and guess what? I have everything we could ever need, except, forgot the angel soft!!!

Well, looks like its 7 of us and a newspaper
Mac and cheese? Better stop up their colons, bind them up...

For the love of god please spare the comic page, the colour runs you know.
Great post and the first part got me thinking......hhhmmmmmm?
Regards, Iwinder & wife

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I live in Southern PA and checking the 10-forecasts tells me that we will be spared..

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
We have had one storm after another without a long enough reprieve in between. The snow is piled so high on corners that it makes it dangerous to drive as you can't see what's coming around the corner. Many of us barely have any room to put anymore snow. It's like mountains out there. We have neighbors looking out after each other plowing and shoveling. I don't know where we will put any more!!!!!!
I'm in The North East.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
HAHAH 24 inches is nothing

You could shovel twice and be done with it

London, Ontario got 100 inches in one day this year

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'm north of Toronto on Georgian bay
we have a couple of dumps, but it has been a sunny and cold winter here...
beautiful...

the storm should blow by just south of us here...darn!
I love a good storm and have a 40 below (F or C) army down sleeping bag inn the closet.

glow ball war ming in deed y

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Wow, that looks nasty! I'm not good with cold weather, glad I live in Hawai'i. Don't know how you folks deal with all that, I'll just stick to my island. Clear skies and bright, warm sunshine here.

Best of luck to all, try to stay warm!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Well, I don't go by the weather channel
, mostly NWS, accuweather and weatherunderground.
None of them are saying this will be anything but a huge storm, and the NWS uses the phrase "higher level of confidence", something I don't remember being mentioned regarding weather in these parts.
forecast.weather.gov...

And BTW, it originates in Texas, not off the Pacific Coast,

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It does start in Texas - I am in Lubbock and saw it drop 20 degrees in about 1 hour or so this afternoon. It was 63 when I left my home for the store and errands.......

Now?? It is 25 with a wind chill of 14 degrees!! Freezing rain all around the area is starting and it is suppose to change to snow around midnight and continue through the day tomorrow. If it moves through slow, like they say it will, I would not be surprised is we get 4 inches - with wind gusts of 40 MHP - or even more!!

Texans are NOT used to this kind of weather!! I spent 20 years or so in NY and PA in the 70's/80's. But, I have been down here 25+ years now. I just pray the power survives the storm as I live with my elderly mom and I do not know what we would do. We cannot afford to crank up the thermostat but utilize 2 electric heaters. (makes no sense, I know :@@
But we keep them set at 65 during the night. Thank God for lots of blankets!!

We will pile the clothes on tomorrow - even while indoors, it will be THAT cold here. God Bless, everyone....be safe and stay warm enough to not freeze. Oh, and eat homemade beef veggie soup..............

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Well, it sure looks like we are in for a treat!

I've been looking at some of the maps, and I couldn't quite figure out if Minnesota/North Dakota will be affected at all. It seems like Southern Minnesota will get a little bit of snow, but the further North you go, the less likely it will be.

Is my guesstimate on that about right, or should I (living up in craphole Fargo, ND) prepare for a long day of getting stuck in the snow?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

edit on 1-2-2011 by LadySkadi because: wrong thread

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FutureThinker
This all reminds me of those predictions of a MIni Ice Age that most people were trying to debunk, I think the guy who said it was from England or someplace like that.

Also, I think that there are alot of other people that knew this was coming, or they had a hand in making it happen, Chemtrails, Haarp and any other kinds of Weather Modification they have been doing.

If you change the weather in one place, then it might effect other areas, sort of like a positive and Negative affect, Ying/Yang so to speak. People have reported Chemtrails all over the world, I know I've seen plenty of them here in Los Angeles Ca..

I just hope nobody dies as a result of this mega-storm.

Everyone take care.

I think you're talking about Piers Corbyn. There are a lot of people who are following only him these days due to the fact that he's made the MET look bad repeatedly when it came to forecast accuracy over the years. He's a primary backer of the idea that a mini-age is on it's way. Check out this informative video by him below.

I would like to you guys to take serious note of your food situation. If the stores are already looking empty on certain staples,imagine how long it may take for the stores to be able to restock. A major storm could cause horrible shipping delays and even shortages (both real and intentionally manipulated). Just something to think about...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join