It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOMEBODY HELP!!! Please read

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Talk about pseudo scientific crap!

Okay...

Poles will shift and that will start all the continents to move around and run into each other causing tsunamis, mega volcanoes and humongous earth quakes. The sun is changing and ripping off our protective magnetic shield so we will be bombarded by space radiations that will likely cause mutation or extinction. We have a huge hole in the ozone layer so we will get fried by UV and all die of skin cancer while the green house gases from farting cows will melt the ice caps and glaciers which will lower temperature in the Atlantic Current which will trigger the next ice age

Did I miss anything?

Well ya know this did happen before

Just because it happened before doesnt mean it will happen again. It only means it can happen...Pseudo Science I agree
because we don't know for sure. Odds better spent on the Track, throwing down on Black or Red, or wrenching a one armed bandit.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

extremely gradual, millimeters to centimeters a year, not 20 feet in a year

So much for that theory

So the earthquake in Sumatra 6 years ago made Pakistan tilt last year?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lansky

I like this thinking, I think this is part of it myself. But allow me to take it a little further.

What if the entire earths crust is shifting and being affected by the increased amount of water at the equator? Moving Indonesia a little closer to the equator would flood it, like what is happening. This could also explain some of the out of the ordinary weather patterns happening all over the world.

Just a thought, your theory jives with mine a bit. A separate thread would probably shed better light on this, as I'm no geologist or anything.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by willie9696
I've listened to this guy a few weeks ago, probably the same radio show. He does raise some interesting points but I don't think he's considered a reliable source. I didn't have a lot of problems with most of what he said. It should be fairly easy to check on his claims. Good find. I try and sift through information based on whether it makes sense(according to what I believe), then I check some background on the source then see what others have to say about him/her. The world is a changing though.

Good observation because Steve Quayle in my book is a fear monger plain and simple. And when you get both him AND Alex Jones together? Buwhahaha WATCH OUT FOLKS you will be in for one HECK of a show! Don't believe me? Look up the H1N1 Swine Flu outbreak from like a year ago or something....it was the initial one where it had returned but had mutated or something like that. The one where it supposedly broke out at that private girl school in NY where a class had just returned from an out of country trip to Mexico or somewhere then next thing we knew the CDC and WHO were screaming PANDEMIC when in reality there had only been like a dozen cases reported.

Anyways listening to those two discussing on AJ radio show that day would have literally made one think that we were done for as a planet as a whole. I am NOT KIDDING folks search it out and listen for yourselves it was like they were feeding off one another, and then it turned into like a one up contest as they would spew out their well thought out pitch that consisted of some cleverly placed words, only thing being they were realizing that the airtime that was being allocated for their urgent 4 alarm hold the presses the sky is falling news thing was greater than they had material in which to fit it, they began to ad lib and improvise improvise improvise which devolved into nothing less than....well go see for your self lol

Not saying that the message itself should be discounted, just that when it comes from that guy....utilize your own critical thinking skills to paint your own mental image thats all

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Karma is a b*tch , those Muslims had it coming , just joking guys .
On a serious note , This is something worth looking into , the Earth doesn't just swallow entire countries bit by bit
I am sure , there is a more rational and scientific explanation or this .
The seismic activity under these landmasses must be unusual because normally plates tectonic plates do not collide in such a way to gobble landmasses .

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The article that started this thread is the kind that makes false assumptions based on few facts to advertise a religion or whatever, & it gets sensationalised & people run with it until it is laughed out of existence. I'm not running you down, OP- please don't believe articles like those that aren't written by a Phd in geology.

Geology in human terms is not an exact science. Ninety percent of it is theory because we can't get at the evidence. However, I'd like to let Mr. Quayle know that there are one billion Muslims on the face of the planet & they're not going anywhere soon.

Though some posters have put up some very good stuff, I'd like to add this: the Earth has a lot of things going on at once with this "sinking island" thing. They're not sinking; the ocean levels are rising. It's a fact; they're rising slowly- the poles are melting. During the summer, the North Pole has become little more than slush & the polar bears have been migrating south into Canada to populated areas to find things to eat. At the South Pole, ice floes up to the size of small countries have been breaking off & melting for the last twenty years. It isn't just Indonesia, but places all over the planet that are losing coastline.

I'm oversimplifying, I know, but let me give you my sources first before the trolls have me for dinner:

The European Space Agency

The book "Earth" by the Smithsonian

The book "Natural Disasters" by Patrick Abbott

The book "Earth Revealed" by Carlson, Plummer & Geary

It's impossible to say everything in such a small space as a thread, & I'm only one poster. There have been two major factors over millions of years of time that have led up to what is being discussed here today; the poles melting & the Ring of Fire in the Pacific. Deforestation all over Indonesia hasn't helped, either. Before anyone comes after me over global warming I'll say that the whole solar system has been warming up- check the above space agency & the Union of Concerned Scientists website first before you say what you think. If you tell me that it's only a way for the Powers That Be to tax the world, I say what WOULDN'T they make an opportunity to squeeze us all for money for??!

Back to planet Earth. Oceanic crust- the ocean floor- averages seven kilometers thick. It breaks up & subducts far more easily than continental crust, which is 30-50 kilometers thick, depending on where one is. To repeat what other posters have mentioned, the Australian plate is moving against the Eurasian plate, and continental drift is a very hard concept for some if not beyond belief. Think of it this way: the Earth's molten core is made of iron; it cools infinitesimally slowly over millions & billions of years. It shrinks as it cools. As it does so, its crust- the dry land & the ocean floor- begin to buckle, forming mountains and even separating large areas into continents and islands over time. Many islands, particularly the Indonesian ones, are formed by undersea volcanoes.

The US Geological Survey site is a wonderful, free place to start learning about geology if one is interested.

One more thing: I subscribe to the website above, & they give me daily reports of quakes over 5.0 on the Richter scale. Since mid-December, quakes in the Ring of Fire- particularly the Bonin Isles south of Japan, the Indonesian Isles, Vanuatu, New Guinea & New Zealand, have been having a marked increase in earthquake activity. The frequency has gone from 2-3 quakes a week to 5-12 a day since then. Something is getting ready to happen out there- but no one yet knows what it will be, & it has been setting off volcanoes such as Mt. Merapi in Indonesia, big-time. There are over a hundred volcanoes in Indonesia alone.

I'll close with this: there is geological evidence all over the planet of a recurrent set of world- wide disasters that most likely have been caused by something passing by from outer space. It is theorised by astrophysicists like my husband to be possibly a large comet or asteroid, or- heaven help us- a cold star or rogue planetoid. No one knows what it is. My husband & his colleagues call it Nemisis or Planet X. Zechariah Sitchin fans call it Nibiru. Something is out there- I hope we don't see it in our lifetime, we all have enough trouble as it is!

edit on 2-2-2011 by RomaMayLi because: spelling

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
reply to post by itsawild1

Thanks for sharing. C- for presentation.

I'd give your avatar an F for design. But that's just my opinion and I'm sure nobody else gives a damn ...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

and
reply to post by RomaMayLi

Stars for you two !

Just refere to this post and please, before posting some alarming article about non-sense, educate yourself more about the subject, leading a quick research about the context is mandatory when dealing with earth sciences.

And don't give me the "the scientists are lying because conspiracy bla bla bla" argument. We do our best to present scientific facts, to explain them and make them public.

By the way, I want to react about some of the messages about what's happening in Australia : it's climatic, period. No tectonic, no sinking or anything.
edit on 2/2/2011 by Solenki because: added reply to RomaMay

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

D- for typing out instead of our.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solenki
Stars for you two !

Sure, why not? puz:
:

Just refere to this post and please, before posting some alarming article about non-sense, educate yourself more about the subject, leading a quick research about the context is mandatory when dealing with earth sciences.

Ok, plate tectonics, simple enough.

And don't give me the "the scientists are lying because conspiracy bla bla bla" argument. We do our best to present scientific facts, to explain them and make them public.

Well, the scientific process or validation process is pretty good. Every scientific theory is validated by the peer review.

By the way, I want to react about some of the messages about what's happening in Australia : it's climatic, period. No tectonic, no sinking or anything.

Absolutely, agree, what happens in Australia is a result of global climate change.

edit on 2/2/2011 by WalterRatlos because: fix quotes

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I read this stuf allready somewhere else
it is in dutch but I think you guys understand if you see the pictures
it has use a different origen

xandernieuws.punt.nl...

origen
destination-yisrael.biblesearchers.com... eline-on-java-confirmed-.html

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

But these Zetas... few remember what they did in 2003 with the Nibiru scare...Many bought into it and lost everything when they sold homes, quit jobs to buy bunkers, etc...

I do remember what happened in 2003, it is sad that there are so many gullible people out there who believe anything that comes along, I know that before 2003 Art Bell wasn't buying into Zeta Talk, as important as many of his shows were over the years the Zeta interviews were a joke in my opinion.

Sadly there will always be some who buy into outrageous things.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The hippies prayed for more coral reefs I guess, be careful what you wish for

This has always happened...City #4032 now under the oceans waves.

This planet is ready for a reboot.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Sadly to say as I see it this all has to happen. I never liked when I heard some must pass so many can survive and this is what is coming our way.

I monitor the IRIS map all the time from the knowledge I have (and it makes no sense) the big one will be where not expected the Central Mid Atlantic Ridge near the Equator area give or take.

From my understanding it has to happen this way to prevent human extinction.

The ones that many here on ATS deny are the ones that are attempting to lessen the blow to save this race.

Zorgon can't wait I will be back out in your beautiful State the end of Sept, ching..ching

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The Pacific Ring of Fire is always active... just go back through their files over the years....

I just thought I would throw this in to muddy up the waters. It is part of the same Ring of Fire

Africa's New Ocean: A Continent Splits Apart

By Axel Bojanowski

Normally new rivers, seas and mountains are born in slow motion. The Afar Triangle near the Horn of Africa is another story. A new ocean is forming there with staggering speed -- at least by geological standards. Africa will eventually lose its horn.

Geologist Dereje Ayalew and his colleagues from Addis Ababa University were amazed -- and frightened. They had only just stepped out of their helicopter onto the desert plains of central Ethiopia when the ground began to shake under their feet. The pilot shouted for the scientists to get back to the helicopter. And then it happened: the Earth split open. Crevices began racing toward the researchers like a zipper opening up. After a few seconds, the ground stopped moving, and after they had recovered from their shock, Ayalew and his colleagues realized they had just witnessed history. For the first time ever, human beings were able to witness the first stages in the birth of an ocean.

Normally changes to our geological environment take place almost imperceptibly. A life time is too short to see rivers changing course, mountains rising skywards or valleys opening up. In north-eastern Africa's Afar Triangle, though, recent months have seen hundreds of crevices splitting the desert floor and the ground has slumped by as much as 100 meters (328 feet). At the same time, scientists have observed magma rising from deep below as it begins to form what will eventually become a basalt ocean floor.
Geologically speaking, it won't be long until the Red Sea floods the region. The ocean that will then be born will split Africa apart......

So it does look like there may be something going on in the area of that tectonic plate(s)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Hello, crimvelvet- here is the Afar Rift:

This rift opened 20 feet in 2005 in a matter of days; it's 35 miles long, a divergent fault (magma deep within the Earth is splitting it open just like the divergent valleys in the ocean), & part of a rift system that extends from Jordan through the Dead Sea & along the length of the east of Africa. The Gulfs of Suez, Aden & Africa, as well as the Red Sea, were formed by similar systems. The continental crust is thinning out & stretching, & the Afar Rift gives geologists a great opportunity to study the processes of continental drift directly. This part in particular began with 139 earthquakes that first set off Dabbahu volano, then opened the huge crack in the world shown above.

This diagram above shows the tectonics of this rift, which is responsible for the creation of many lakes in Africa over millions of years. The dotted lines show how eventually the Horn of Africa & the land surrounding Lake Victoria may one day become islands off of the main continent's coast.

This picture shows the rifts in more detail as they look from above via satellite. The Afar rift system is the longest in the world. The Sinai peninsula & Saudi Arabia were once part of the African mainland. I've oversimplified a bit here but this is the Afar Rift in a nutshell. Divergent processes on land are not usually as quick & dramatic as the one in your article- they happen very slowly for the most part. It is theorised that in ten million years, this rift shall be open to the sea & submerged.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join