It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is 2012 any different to any other "End of the World Predication"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
UndeadDinosaur: I'm not a member who argues as it makes no personal difference to me what anyone thinks of my opion and it only confuses those who might be truely searching for their own truth, but your essay of my post appears to be an attempt to disinform other readers. Just the facts that you disputed in my post, indicates that you've done very little study of the alignment and what could happen. Did you know that the poles have moved 25 miles this year alone? Is this a day to day thing that happens? Check it out .

Surely you know the implcations of what would happen If Yellowstone was to errupt? My gosh man it's been all over tv for two years now.

I suggest you look up what's surrounding the hot core of the earth to find out what the Earths crust is. And while you're at it research to see how many times the poles have shifted or switched poles in our history.

Now I've said all that I'm going to on the subject but I suggest to everyone reading this to not take my word or UndeadDinosaur but to use your own brain. Don't be lazy! Do your own research and after you get facts enough to make up your own mind, you'll set your own mind at ease knowing you've found the truth.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluesman4uonly
UndeadDinosaur: I'm not a member who argues as it makes no personal difference to me what anyone thinks of my opion and it only confuses those who might be truely searching for their own truth,

That's fine, but it matters to me when someone takes my factually-accurate response and accuses me of this:

but your essay of my post appears to be an attempt to disinform other readers.

Really? That's quite a charge, and a bit insulting.

Just the facts that you disputed in my post, indicates that you've done very little study of the alignment and what could happen.

If you want to claim I'm wrong on some count, that's fine, providing you can show how. Simply waving your hands isn't an argument, and it certainly doesn't show that I made any attempt to "[dis-inform]" anyone. Did you bother to read about the inverse square law as it applies to gravitation and electromagnetism? Tell me, how do you propose to overcome that little problem with your "alignment" scenario? Exactly which conjunctions do you expect in 2012 that will be somehow unusual, and why does it matter?

Did you know that the poles have moved 25 miles this year alone?

Since I don't obsess constantly about these things, I don't keep a constant watch on the positions of the magnetic poles. The North Magnetic Pole in particular can move about in an elliptical manner over dozens of kilometers, just in a given 24-hour period. It's been trending toward Siberia at a rate of 60 or 70 km per year for a while now, whereas in the early 20th Century it was moving in the opposite direction. The effects of this have become more pronounced with the advent of air travel over the last century, as airports have to periodically update runway markings to account for it.

I'm not sure what you think the significance of 25 miles in a month is, even if that is true, since the North Magnetic Pole routinely covers that much distance in days or less. During periods of intense solar winds, flares and CMEs, the drift can be even more pronounced.

Is this a day to day thing that happens? Check it out.

Yes, and the cumulative effect can be pretty significant changes in the magnetic field over time.

geomag.usgs.gov...

There have been many periods of acceleration in various directions, sometimes accompanying a geomagnetic reversal, but usually not. If a reversal is underway currently, our progeny will know in a few centuries. What exactly about this position do you object to?

Surely you know the implcations of what would happen If Yellowstone was to errupt? My gosh man it's been all over tv for two years now.

Yellowstone routinely undergoes a process called intrusive volcanism, which drives the uplift of rock commonly observed in the region. This is not evidence of any impending eruption in your lifetime or mine, though such an event is almost certainly "imminent" on a geologic time scale, either at Yellowstone or elsewhere. Even if an eruption suddenly becomes an immediate prospect, there's no reason to suspect it will be cataclysmic, as you so gloomily claimed two posts ago. Also, as noted previously, supervolcanoes have erupted massively at least twice during the age of man (Yellowstone and Lake Toba), yet we're here to talk about it.

My addressing of this previously was in direct response to your claim that Yellowstone "is showing signs of eruption as you read this" and that it "could very well be the doom of many more than a pole shift." It had nothing to do with examining " the [implications]" of any potential Yellowstone eruption, but rather challenging your assertion itself. If you're really worried about the Yellowstone caldera blowing up in your face, you can keep tabs on it right here.

I suggest you look up what's surrounding the hot core of the earth to find out what the Earths crust is.

I know what the earth's crust is, blues dude. What I said to you was fairly unambiguous, but for some strange reason you're now trying to pretend I said something else entirely.

Repeating:
--
I'm not even sure what "[earth's] crust could let go" is supposed to mean. Let go of what? Assuming you can come up with a mechanism by which this might occur in our current tectonic state (unlikely), it would still take hundreds of thousands to millions of years to occur.
--

And while you're at it research to see how many times the poles have shifted or switched poles in our history.

Magnetically, multiple times, most recently about 780,000 years ago. You realize that geomagnetic reversal and true polar wander aren't the same thing, don't you?

Repeating:
--
What we see is the normal wandering of the poles that has ostensibly occurred for the duration of the magnetic field, whether a geomagnetic shift was in the works or not. Whether this is actually occurring now probably won't be apparent for another few centuries.
--

Now I've said all that I'm going to on the subject but I suggest to everyone reading this to not take my word or UndeadDinosaur but to use your own brain. Don't be lazy! Do your own research and after you get facts enough to make up your own mind, you'll set your own mind at ease knowing you've found the truth.

True, anyone who actually looks into these issues should have no cause for concern.
edit on 5-2-2011 by UndeadDinosaur because: typo

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
There is no difference. If the world ends, I doubt we will have any warning.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by UndeadDinosaur

The facts today, however which are undoubtedly true, and are not 'everyday' or 'every year' occurrences, are the many unknown anomalies that are popping up across our solar system. The massive object astrologers have tracked near the sun, and the other one(planet x/Nirbiru?) that is visible and has entered our solar system.

The facts can't be denied that some large massive object(s) are now throwing off the gravitation pull of every known object astrologers can measure in our solar system. This is fact. Something has entered the solar system, and it's not 'la Nina'.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by loagun
reply to post by UndeadDinosaur

The massive object astrologers have tracked near the sun, and the other one(planet x/Nirbiru?) that is visible and has entered our solar system.

The facts can't be denied that some large massive object(s) are now throwing off the gravitation pull of every known object astrologers can measure in our solar system. This is fact. Something has entered the solar system, and it's not 'la Nina'.

Hi I was wondering if you had any other information to back this? Links, etc?

Cheers

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

The facts today, however which are undoubtedly true, and are not 'everyday' or 'every year' occurrences, are the many unknown anomalies that are popping up across our solar system. The massive object astrologers have tracked near the sun, and the other one(planet x/Nirbiru?) that is visible and has entered our solar system.

None of this is true is it? You made all of this up didn't you? Show us any evidence that this is true. I am calling your bluff.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by loagun

None of this is true is it? You made all of this up didn't you? Show us any evidence that this is true. I am calling your bluff.

You're the last person who should be questioning the honesty of anyone.

Are these enough?

Front page NY Times: Clues Get Warm in the Search for Planet X

Something out there beyond the farthest reaches of the known solar system seems to be tugging at Uranus and Neptune. Some gravitational force keeps perturbing the two giant planets, causing irregularities in their orbits. The force suggests a presence far away and unseen, a large object that may be the long-sought Planet X...

Front page Washington Post: Possibly as Large as Jupiter; Mystery Heavenly Body Discovered

A heavenly body possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth that it would be part of this solar system has been found in the direction of the constellation Orion by an orbiting telescope aboard the U.S. infrared astronomical satellite...

Astrobiology magazine: Getting WISE About Nemesis

A dark object may be lurking near our solar system, occasionally kicking comets in our direction.

Nicknamed “Nemesis” or “The Death Star,” this undetected object could be a red or brown dwarf star, or an even darker presence several times the mass of Jupiter...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by downunder666

I looked at the list. Most of those predictions were either Christianity-based or comet based. Comets are not prophecies. People see a comet and they say, "Uh oh, what if its hits the earth? Then it will be the end of the world!" Christians are always thinking Jesus will come, no offense to them. As for Y2K, that wasn't a prophecy either. People just thought that something had to happen because they couldn't conceive of living in the 2000's. And there were actual computer issues that could have collapsed the system, but programmers rushed to fix it and they succeeded. In 1984, people thought the world would end because of George Orwell's book 1984, but that is just ridiculous. I've read 1984 several times and there is no indication that it was written as a prophecy. George Orwell was not a psychic and never claimed to be.

2012 prophecies are far more diverse, and come from all over the world. The I-Ching Timewave Zero, Nostradamus, the Mayans, the Hopi, the Oracle of Delphi (predicted "sometime around year 2000") and so many others point to 2012. There are too many pointing to one day. Even if half of them are mistakes, there are still a lot of possibilities left.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Golden Fleece, with all due respect, your notes seem to be based on speculation opposed to fact....

There really doesn't appear to be any solid evidence with what you have provided.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

You're the last person who should be questioning the honesty of anyone.

Are these enough?

No. The first article you post is dated 1983. That is 6 years before the Voyager flyby of Neptune showed that the mass of Neptune was greater than thought. The correction made the statements in the 1983 article void.

You are again using the Washing Post article to lie to everyone. The article lists a number of potential objects that could explain the IRAS data. The objects turned out to be galaxies as shown here.
Unidentified IRAS

sources - Ultrahigh-luminosity galaxies

THE DISCOVERY OF

ULIRGs

The last article again states that no new planet sized or largermass has been found in the solar system.

Let's go back and see what I was referring to.

1. None of the articles substantiate that "many unknown anomalies that are popping up across our solar system"
2. None of the articles support the claim that "massive object astrologers have tracked near the sun"
3. None of the articles support the claim that "the other one(planet x/Nirbiru?) that is visible and has entered our solar system."
4. None of the articles show that "some large massive object(s) are now throwing off the gravitation pull of every known object astrologers can measure in our solar system."
5. None of the articles support the claim that "Something has entered the solar system, and it's not 'la Nina'."

Sorry. Nothing you have posted supports any of the failed claims made by loagun.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by InsaneInsurgent11

2012 prophecies are far more diverse, and come from all over the world. The I-Ching Timewave Zero, Nostradamus, the Mayans, the Hopi, the Oracle of Delphi (predicted "sometime around year 2000") and so many others point to 2012. There are too many pointing to one day. Even if half of them are mistakes, there are still a lot of possibilities left.

This is all hogwash. The only source for 2012 is the long count calendar of the Maya. None of these other sources mention 2012. TWZ is a made up hooey based on the I-Ching and forced to match 2012. The Hopi do not mention 2012. The Mayans had no prophecies associated with the end of the long count. Nostradamus did not mention 2012. The Oracle of Delphi is a new one to me. Can you show us where there is a connection between 2012 or 2000 and the Oracle of Delphi?

Piles of junk is still junk.

The Y2K problem was a lot of baloney as well. There were some computer problems that needed to be fixed. Most of it was a lot of fuss to get people to fork over money for little coding. The other 2 events of 2000 were the millennia claims since the Gregorian calendar did what the long count is about to do and the planetary alignment of 2000. The Y2K computer issue eclipsed these other 2 claims that fell so hard on their face that 10 years later people have completely forgot the stupid books and nitwit claims written on those subjects.
edit on 21-2-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Since there is a lot of "evidence" on both sides of this debate, and both of us have presented some of that evidence, I'm going to change my approach a little bit.

Think of the consequences for those who don't believe in and therefore don't prepare for 2012 if it turns out to be true... They will DIE.

Then think of the consequences for those who do believe in 2012 and who do prepare if it turns out not to be true... They will extremely embarrassed for a short while, but remain alive.

Better safe than sorry. Hostile skeptics who refuse to listen to anyone else's point of view ore even consider the fact that the believers might be right will die off through natural selection when one of these end-of-the-world events does finally happen...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
2012 didn't enter our consciousness by chance. It is THEIR year. THEY knew about the massive earthly and universal changes that will occur in and around 2012 (2011 also) for a long time. THEY want to introduce their False Messiah, the Anti-Christ in 2012 as the saviour of mankind (perhaps using Project Blue Beam).

Also, the Third World War was therefore most probably planned to happen also in the year 2012 (to coincide with the earthly and universal changes). That would explain all the "abrupt" revolutions in the Arab world (and the ones to come). That's the preparation for the war to come.
Remember Albert Pike's "fake" letter. The Third World War will start in the Middle East.
Freemasons/Rosicrucians/Theosophists control all Western governments (and beyond).

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 2008111

I don't know. You might be right. I'm on the fence about the Secret Society Elites and their New World Order, because I have seen no compelling evidence yet. I'm sure there will be something to resist in 2012, though... If /they/ take over, I will be prepared to resist them. Will you?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

So whats the point in preparing anything if the world is going to end, I mean we'll all die ?

And I'm curious... Have you prepared yourself in the event something does happen?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

2012 is not the end of everything. I strongly disagree with those who say it is, because things don't just end. Systems reverse, and global collapses happen, but its hard for every single human being on earth to just die off. I think it will be a series of wars and disasters in which approximately 90% of the population will be killed. Those who prepare will be among the 10% that survive. My blog, www.2012revolutionary.blogspot.com... has stuff in it about how I'm preparing. I'm actually in the process of getting a group together to survive 2012.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

So what makes you think that 90% of the world wont survive?

No offence but I think its a bit ludicrous....

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Think of the consequences for those who don't believe in and therefore don't prepare for 2012 if it turns out to be true... They will DIE.

Since nothing is going to happen those that do not believe are going to save precious resources of time and money and mental well being by avoiding the hoax and fear mongering that is 2012.

All you are doing here is appealing to people through fear mongering. There is no point in getting ready for a demonstrably false notion such as Nibiru or the claims that volcanism or quakes are increasing.

Since there is a lot of "evidence" on both sides of this debate

Where is the evidence for the 2012 side? You've regressed right to the fear mongering position without posting evidence.

Better safe than sorry. Hostile skeptics who refuse to listen to anyone else's point of view ore even consider the fact that the believers might be right will die off through natural selection when one of these end-of-the-world events does finally happen...

A skeptic is not someone refusing to listen to other points of view. A skeptic simply avoids taking every claim put forth as true and asks questions about the validity of the claims.

You should be ready for 2012 if you prepared for:
1. The destruction of Mars when the "guts of the Earth were wrenched apart" by mars 2003
2. When a planetary alignment caused massive quakes in 2000
3. When the Earth was destroyed in 2000 by the millennium curse
4. When Venus passed in front of the sun in 2004 causing massive solar eruptions that scorched the Earth
5. Also 2001 was the corrected millennium curse
6. In 2004, 2007, 2008 Jesus was supposed to return and the world ended
7. In 2011 the world is supposed end in fire

My list is small. There are at least 3 end of the world dates in 2007 alone!

Were you ready for all of these dates?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I just skimmed over your blog entry. I guess you don't do much camping or non-motorized travel do you? You might want to rethink that island idea.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Well, its better than thinking 100% of the world won't survive, isn't it? I've told other people that and they say its ridiculous because they think more like 99% won't survive. My friend and I had a big debate about it once, because we were doing an online roleplay about it and she thought I was playing it unrealistically because I was saying there were about 20,000 people left in the city...

90% is just my personal estimate. I've thought about it a lot. With all the diseases, wars, buildings collapsing, people shooting each other, fireballs coming out of the sky...only the lucky and the prepared will survive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join