It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible "Superstorms" coming on two continents?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Yeah ive heard the mossies have been really bad....yuck i hate the lil buggers. Break out the Aeroguard and citronella!!

I know even on the today show this morning, Karl said to the premier in a good way that they are sick of talking to her about natural disasters and that QLD needs a break... it's true though. ahh come to Melbourne lol nah it's stinking hot here today

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
What news is there about Vanuatu? They appear to be right under the storm now.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
...maybe the weather situations are being blown out of porportion because thats all news is nowadays - sensationalism, not journalism, not fact reporting...

...maybe the weather situations are getting so much attention because they're supposed to distract us from something potentially more damaging to the mucky mucks - like whats happening in egypt, iran, korea...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by Jordan River

I'll believe it when i see it

It's just the Earth going through the motions, before we know it there will be another iceage... we wont be able to stop. It's gonna happen!

Perhaps not in our lifetime but it will happen.

Antarctic Ice Core Samples / Cycles

If you look at the graph, the low points are ice ages or ''glacial ages'' and the high points are inter-glacial stages ( which we are in now )

The Earth is full of cycles...

We are in a ice age. Have you honestly took a course in college? seriously, where have you been

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Huh??

What are you talking about?? I did say we are in an inter-glacial stage...which yes is an ice age but not compared to a glacial stage.

Ok so to be more specific, we are not in a glacial stage at the moment... perhaps you need abit more study if you cant quite grasp those terms.

No need to attack my education, you need to pay more attention to my post and read it properly. If you think this is an ice-age now.... you aint seen nothing yet pal.

Here you are saying God is here and that the end is coming and you are attacking my education...WTF!

edit on 31-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by squandered

The Storm passed over Vanuatu 2 days ago lol. It just looks like it is over them, although im sure they would still be feeling the effects from it to some degree.

Our town is currently on evac alert from Yasi :/

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

Australia has big dry periods and big wet periods.

We experience tropical cyclones most years, some worst than others...
...this is a big one though.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by exo87

Stay safe

Keep us updated if you can, i have a thread going about the Cyclone Here if you wanna check it out, it has some updates and information

edit on 31-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
snowstorm of historic proportions, spans 2000 miles, threatens Midwest cities
edition.cnn.com...
"This storm is huge and life threatening," Cyclone Yasi is expected to generate winds of up to 280 kph (175 mph)
www.reuters.com...
edit on 1-2-2011 by merovingian23 because: link

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Do not travel! Stay inside!" the National Weather Service warned.

edition.cnn.com...

Huge winter storm threatens U.S. wheat and cattle...
Any damage to the crop would rally CBOT wheat futures, which are already trading around 29-month highs due to a drought in Russia and rains which damaged the Australian crop.

www.reuters.com...

that last part about wheat prices reminded me of this- www.moneynews.com...

Last year, U.S. wheat futures prices rose 47 percent, buoyed by a series of weather events including the drought in Russia and its Black Sea neighbors, corn rose more than 50 percent and soybeans jumped 34 percent.

Alongside bad weather in Australia, Europe, North America and Argentina, rising Asian demand is at the heart of the spike. China, for example, is expected to buy 60 percent of globally traded soybeans in 2011-2012, double its purchase of four years ago.

could be a bit off (my own) topic, but nevertheless, I feel this things has to be put together and observed as the parts of the same, bigger picture, cause that's what they are
edit on 1-2-2011 by merovingian23 because: link

top topics

<< 1   >>

join