It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible "Superstorms" coming on two continents?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
First, we have warning about super snow-storm coming over 75% of the US?!
edition.cnn.com...
Second, we have warning in Australia about second flooding cyclone, even stronger then the previous one!?
news.blogs.cnn.com...
HAARP busy much?? Your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I don't think it's Haarp. I think the earth is experiencing some BIG changes most likely for the worst on our part. It's not just weather becoming extreme. Everything seems to be getting affected...
edit on 31-1-2011 by innervision0730 because: Error

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I wish it was HAARP, but sadly I think mother nature is extremely pissed off, and we still ain't seen nothin yet.

Welcome to ATS

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Perhaps it's connected to the coming Ice Age, vis-a-vis The Coming Global Superstorm (aka The Day After Tommorrow)???

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by havenvideo

Spot On!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
feeling the rath of mother nature so much has happend and its not even febuary just yet omg hope things begin to look up but sadly i can't shake the feeling this is only the begining hope that it doesn't go off with the big one stay safe

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
@innervision -don't know, I stopped believing in coincidences
Maybe those are just normal huge storms, maybe there is HAARP involved, maybe those are created as a product of previous "abuses of earth" - (nuclear testings, pollution.. etc.) maybe there is magnetic pole shift occurring...
@havenvideo -thank you for welcoming me

@harrytuttle -good one, one of my favorite films in the genre

@thegreatwolf -

edit on 31-1-2011 by merovingian23 because: grammar or smt.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
YES!!

Looking forward to those snow days =D

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Australia is now brasing itself for a Cat 4 storm heading straight at their east coast - like they need it! After all they have been through. Evacuations currently taking place. It's has been compared with Katrina.

This along with all the other weather related events - yip I guess there is going to be a big food shortage in the coming months!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The thing that miffs me the most about that snow storm is that I JUST cleaned the drive way and walk way not to long ago to...

Well so far one class cancelled tomorrow will have to see how the rest looks after tomorrow. Just in case we lose power we will also have a generator. I've got to say my dad thought ahead and well about times like these.
Anyway. Any one in the path of these storms stay safe!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Here's a conspiracy theory for ya....

It's not HAARP, it's the media, somehow conspiring to cause all these disasters... they are the only ones that really benefit. Higher ratings etc.... yeah i'm not serious obviously

Seriously though, i see people pointing their finger at HAARP and the government, but really the government isnt gaining anything from a natural disaster, it cost's alot of money to repair damaged infrastructure.

Estimates from the recent Brisbane floods are in the Billions, thats just one example of the 100's per year around the world... This Cyclone in QLD,Au is gonna wreak havoc as well.

It's all apart of the Earth's cycles, we have moved into an La Nina System as opposed to the El-Nino we have been experiancing for the past 5-10 years..

El Niño/La Niña-Southern Oscillation, or ENSO, is a quasi-periodic climate pattern that occurs across the tropical Pacific Ocean with on average five year intervals. It is characterized by variations in the temperature of the surface of the tropical eastern Pacific Ocean - warming or cooling known as El Niño and La Niña respectively - and air surface pressure in the tropical western Pacific - the Southern Oscillation. The two variations are coupled: the warm oceanic phase, El Niño, accompanies high air surface pressure in the western Pacific, while the cold phase, La Niña, accompanies low air surface pressure in the western Pacific.[2][3] Mechanisms that cause the oscillation remain under study.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 31-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
"Yasi" will be significantly worse than "Larry"

By comparison Larry, which devastated Innisfail and surrounds in 2006, was a mid-level category four system.
Larry damaged about 10,000 homes and caused $1.5 billion in damage.

"This of course is not only a system now tracking as more intense than Cyclone Larry, it is significantly larger than Cyclone Larry," she said.

Some news sources are reporting that this storm has the potential to become the strongest storm Australia has ever experienced. Not good news at all.

Image of Cyclone Yasi below -

Cyclone roars towards Australia's Flooded North

Cyclone Yasi was barreling toward the Queensland state coast as a strong Category 3 storm on Tuesday with winds up to 137 mph. It was expected to hit the coast Wednesday as a violent Category 4 storm with wind gusts up to 155 mph, dumping up to three feet of rain on communities already saturated from months of flooding.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Yeah it's gonna be intense

Here's a copy and paste from the current Thread on the cyclone , just some more info for anyone interested or looking for updates:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f014fa59cf3.gif[/atsimg]

SEVERE TROPICAL CYCLONE YASI, CATEGORY 3, with gusts up to 220 km/h is currently moving in a westerly direction at 35km/hr but is expected to turn on a more west-southwesterly direction in the next 12 hours.

DAMAGING winds with gusts to 100km/hr are expected to develop on the islands during Wednesday morning and extend onto the coast during the day and extend inland across southern Cape York Peninsula and north of Charters Towers overnight Wednesday.

More Information

IDQP0005
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Queensland
Tropical Cyclone Warning Centre

Media: The Standard Emergency Warning Signal should NOT be used with this
warning.

TOP PRIORITY
TROPICAL CYCLONE ADVICE NUMBER 5
Issued by the Bureau of Meteorology, Brisbane
Issued at 11:09am EST on Tuesday the 1st of February 2011

A Cyclone WARNING has been declared for coastal areas from Cooktown to Sarina.

A Cyclone WATCH has been declared for coastal areas from Lockhart River to
Cooktown and Sarina to Yeppoon and for southern Cape York Peninsula and inland
areas north of Charters Towers.

At 10:00 am EST Severe Tropical Cyclone Yasi, Category 3 was estimated to be
1220 kilometres east northeast of Cairns and 1200 kilometres east northeast of
Townsville
moving west at 35 kilometres per hour.

The cyclone is expected to continue intensifying as it moves west over the Coral
Sea.

Full Bulletin

I just wanted to an image courtesy of NASA, it shows how big the cyclone is... i would to hate to be out at sea stuck in the middle of that storm

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4602ad29bc46.jpg[/atsimg]
Full Image Source / Full Resolution

Also a couple of images courtesy of MTSAT:

Water Vapour:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c44bce326373.jpg[/atsimg]

IR:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9892ddf09307.jpg[/atsimg]

LSR:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f9fe373f4e6.jpg[/atsimg]

It's currently a Cat 3 but expected to be a 4 by the time it hits the coast tomorrow.
edit on 31-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
You are not going to believe, but the end is coming.

I am being serious, God is back

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Does Australia usually experience theyse types of storms at this time of year?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I'll believe it when i see it

It's just the Earth going through the motions, before we know it there will be another iceage... we wont be able to stop. It's gonna happen!

Perhaps not in our lifetime but it will happen.

Antarctic Ice Core Samples / Cycles

If you look at the graph, the low points are ice ages or ''glacial ages'' and the high points are inter-glacial stages ( which we are in now )

The Earth is full of cycles...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I read that there was a landslide in the Canary Islands. This in itself could cause a disaster of biblical proportions to the Eastern Seaboard of North America. A mountain completely crumbled to one side in Kentucky due to excessive moisture.

It's all staring us in the face.

Poor Queensland, when will it let up, there were two reported cases of Dengue Fever and an alert went out because of the excessive mosquitoes!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

yeah we do have cyclones this time of year, being summer now. Although the massive flooding seen last month was a once in 100 year type flood and this particular cyclone is going to be very severe and not something that happens all the time...

It's the same as hurricane season in the states for example.. we have cyclones around this time up north, but not always this bad. Apparently another one is being modelled and forecasted to hit in approx 2 weeks ( as per information from another poster and thread ) still gotta look into that abit more.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'm not saying for sure there is any connection, but I find it interesting that the number of fireballs this January is nearly 4X what the average has been since 2005.

I've been tracking them in this thread:

Welcome to the shooting gallery: fireball incidence 2005:1.28/day 2011:4.94/day

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The current number for this January is 153 fireballs reported over the US alone, a daily average of 5.1 per day.

To see the records since 2005, look here:

www.amsmeteors.org...

I currently have a few questions I asked one of the team leaders on that site pending reply, if he answers, I'll post his reply in my fireball thread.

Seems like a lot of extra energy is being pumped into the atmosphere by them, don't know that it's enough to make a difference, but....

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

www.wunderground.com...
Heres a collection of evidence it can happen.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join