It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banker Executed in China Over $484K

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
A banker in China has been executed for loan fraud causing losses of up to $484,000.

story.news.yahoo.com

Xiao Hongbo, a deputy branch manager at China Construction Bank — one of the country's four biggest state lenders — was executed Friday in the western province of Sichuan for using bank funds to support eight mistresses, the local newspaper Huaxi Metropolitan News reported.

It said that Xiao, 37, caused the bank at least $484,000 in losses by stealing funds from customer accounts and falsifying books at a Construction Bank branch in Dacheng, a city in Sichuan.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm not a fan of the death penalty, whatever the crime. But, it made me think... Ken Lay put tens of thousands of people out of work... and I wonder if he'll even do any jail time.

[edit on 13-7-2004 by koji_K]

[edit on 13-7-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
It's wrong.
The only crime that justifies the taking of a life (even then there is some argument) is murder.
When you equate stealing money with murder, you know you have a screwed up society.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I completely agree. Like I said, I'm against the death penalty, period. Over a matter such as money, there is no justification for it.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
commit bank fraud in China??? NONE! If we had the same rules here, the crime rate would be 0. I can hardly wait until the first american executive is executed in China for fraud. I wish the chinese could convict Kenny Lay and then televise the event.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
It's wrong.
The only crime that justifies the taking of a life (even then there is some argument) is murder.
When you equate stealing money with murder, you know you have a screwed up society.

It is according to law of China.

You are having great sympathy to Scum like Ken Lay? I can see why the top executives do not have much concern when they are doing crime to millions of investors.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I am for the death penalty but not when its over something like bank fraud. That is just plain ludicris.

If you take a life or lives, we have to right to take yours. Thats bascialy how it goes, terrorists,murders all deserve death, expecially child killers, like Scot Peterson or Tim Mcveigh (who got what he deserved)

But the Chinese are living under a barbarian government which has created a barbarian society.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
If you have harmed people like Ken Lay has, you should be put to death in a public hanging. Only liars and cheaters sympathize with scum.

top topics

join