It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Madrid *Alert* Strange Rainbow...Birds Fleeing

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

But wouldn't it depend on the magnitude? What if it blew but it wasn't as strong as expected?

I don't like the thought of the Great Lakes rushing towards me.. I want to move now

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

What part of AR do you live. It seems to be along the ridge of the Mississippi Delta that runs into Arkansas. Not everywhere. The THV channel 11 Little Rock weatherman said at last nites 6:00 news. "Well it looks like everything is going to hit us at once, now all we need is an earthquake." Now that was just an off the cuff comment or is it.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Somebody early in this thread asked if anybody was having headaches. I don't think I've had five headaches in my entire life, and I have had a really bad headache from last night to this morning buts it's gone now.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Yes, those are birds flying in the video, that's what birds do they fly. I'm don't see how that's unusual..no other animals?? Animals usually hibernate in winter. i haven't seen ants or squirrels either since winter started, and birds fly over my house everyday. Sorry, not seeing the conspiracy here.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RomaMayLi

You're welcome

Yes, I too never realised there were so many to see!
Interesting.

Oh, one thing I forgot to add initially was that I've seen these 'rainbows' too, at least twice in the last 5 years. Both times were in the same approximate area in the S.East UK, without incident.
Both times they were small and very high up in the sky, in wispy cloud. At the time and even now, I assumed them to be the (beautiful) result of light refraction from ice crystals.
Why these ice crystals were specifically forming could be left to consideration, of course.

Saying that, from my own, partly-unrelated studies, I believe this fault and others are going to become dramatically more active in the very near future (next few years) too.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
reply to post by ns9504

Oh we have been discussing that, and had a lot of questions and answers about what to do before a quake, during a quake, and after a quake. They tell the children in school to get under their desk but it was posted that a lot of children died in a quake because they got under their desks. I read that you get away from buildings as far as you can and not in your car. It would be great if you could clear this up for us. You are what we are looking for to know what to do. The animal thing has been going on and get more crazy in the last few days. Glad you joined in this Thread.

This is one of the biggest problems with earthquake prep - it depends on where you are when it hits. Buildings that have been built to quake specs (or retrofitted) are safe to stay in. Kids are told to get under desks because their school rooms are often surrounded by windows that can break and pop out and cause injury. Again, windows can be earthquake-proofed. You also don't want a room full of panicked kids running around and freaking out. Giving them structure and direction helps control a stressful situation.

If you look at the Haiti earthquake (7.0) and the Chile quake (8.8) from last year, you can see that the damage, loss of life, and inability to rebound "civilization" was much worse for Haiti even though the quake was less than Chile. The China quake (6.9) was also less than Chile, but China's building codes are financial, not what is safe for people living in a quake zone (school and rebar story).

This is a concise article explaining the differences:

"Chile is wealthier and infinitely better prepared, with strict building codes, robust emergency response and a long history of handling seismic catastrophes. No living Haitian had experienced a quake at home when the Jan. 12 disaster crumbled their poorly constructed buildings."

Source: www.huffingtonpost.com...

Thanks for the reply. We REALLY need to be talking about preparing for the New Madrid quake. Within the scientific community, it is a serious concern.

Its better to be prepared and never experience it than not ready if it does it. Better safe than sorry, right?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I live in western Tennessee near Memphis. In response to the poster that said they are having tremors every day, we are NOT having any tremors. Here is a link for the last week for quakes 1.0 or above. the closest area to Tennessee that has had minor quakes are 3 in Guy, Arkansas, and 1 in Damascus Arkansas, all between 2.1 -1.6....

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Also, spring like weather here has brought all the birds out, it is so nice to hear them!!!

Three weeks ago, I saw huge flocks of canadian snow geese flying to the northeast. Last week, my boyfriend spotted canadian snow geese again in this area, only they were flying around in all different directions.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

birds flying, yes i saw that. No big mystery.
What about this "Strange raindbow" I dont see it, but i hear it.

And how does he know they're migrating? What if they're just flying around...you know...like birds do?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ns9504

These quotes are from a Geologist that is concerned about the Gulf Basin fault causing a New Madrid Quake as a result of BP's disaster.

Reed, over the years, has gathered evidence that supports plate motion in the Gulf basin. Thick salt and sedimentary sequences in the basin mask this tectonic motion, but there is enough basin and peripheral evidence to show plate readjustment is occurring -- evidence, he says, in the form of volcanics, earthquakes and rift zones that are accompanied by magnetic, refraction, seismic and gravity data.

So Reed conducted a study using data from the U.S. Geological Survey's National Earthquake Information Center and the USGS map "Earthquakes in the Conterminous United States." He only studied earthquakes measuring at least magnitude 5, and found that while most of the earthquake centers are random with no alignment, there is a well-defined earthquake trend extending northeastward from the New Madrid seismic zone across the United States to Canada, where it joins with the St. Lawrence River seismic zone.

Link to the Articile:
www.aapg.org...

No - that article was from 2002 and says nothing about BP. Are you just trying to freak people out??

This probably is not worth mentioning but true - Reed never made any public statements with regards to the BP diassater and his theory of active tectonic plates in the gulf. Reed had played out the scenario involving a drill attempt near or between plates of course releasing immense amounts of pressure causing a similar event .

If you examine Reeds research it is at least worth considering that this very thing took place given Deepwaters point of impact into the tip of a plate. Reed only commented off the record when video footage emerged from the Deepwater submersibles of what he believed to be sulfur spewed out of the underwater fissure.

Were a tight knit group down here in the "Missiana" Gulf Coast.

Can't prove the above, so disregard - inadmissible

edit on 1-2-2011 by WWJFKD because: to elaborate diagram involves Gulf tectonic plate relationship to New Madrid fault line.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This was a troubling story and I did a bit of research and it turns out this massive flight of animals, birds and insects from Arkansas is real.

However it appears it has been prompted by rumors that: Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie are going to do another life on the farm reality series in Arkansas.

Scarey, scarey stuff there!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk

reply to post by soaringhawk

The gentleman that made the bird video fleeing from St. Louis, said he saw the rainbow in the clouds earlier but didn't get it on film. He said he saw the China video that someone posted for him and he said that was exactly what they looked like. One of my roommates has been gone to Iowa and just couldn't believe what I was telling her about the birds, squirrels, deer, possums, all gone until she came home. You would have to be here and see the difference in the things going on that have not ever happened before. It is so strange. I have a yard so full of acorns my roomie feel because of them yesterday and twisted her ankel.

But it's all word and not fact. This person made this thread about a video of rainbow colors. I expected to rainbow colors. Anyone can videotape birds flying and spin it into any thing. The media does a similar thing. There is nothing interesting about this video except that it's a lower quality version of Nature on PBS.

If he actually produced a video showing the rainbow colors this whole thread would turn into a diatribe about photoshopping.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
In your first videos I thought I noticed a certain bright light but the camera was moving around and there were also reflections off the birds so I just moved on.

On your Jan 30th video you can very clearly see at 4:56 on for a few seconds a bright moving white light it doesn't appear to have any other colored lights.....my point being and please don't say I was wondering how long it would take for someone to come here and start but I am only trying to put this out so all of you out there can keep an eye for this......strange white lights in the sky

What I am talking about is when something major is going to happen on many occasions you can capture a UFO checking out that location.

The New Madrid is a location that needs to keep a check on because if you observed in the past few years it seems that """NEW FISSURES""" have been opening so.... and this is only a suggestion.... you need to keep a check from Lake Michigan down to the Mississippi to the Gulf.

I see you are to have about 2 foot of snow today be safe this could all be a precursor that things are changing in your areas.

Thank you all for watching having camera handy and reporting the team work here on ATS is the best.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Replying to this==Here are the articile quotes:

*According to the U.S. Geological Survey, more than 500 measurable earthquakes have been recorded in central Arkansas just since September.

What in the world is happening in the middle of the United States right now? Thousands of birds are falling dead from the skies, tens of thousands of fish are washing up on shore dead, earthquakes are popping up in weird and unexpected places and people are starting to get really freaked out about all of this. Well, one theory is that the New Madrid fault zone is coming to life. The New Madrid fault zone is six times bigger than the San Andreas fault zone in California and it covers portions of Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee and Mississippi. The biggest earthquakes in the history of the United States were caused by the New Madrid fault. Now there are fears that the New Madrid fault zone could be coming to life again, and if a "killer earthquake" does strike it could change all of our lives forever.

I can not explain the birds droping from the sky, but for the animals leaving the winter theory posted ealier in the thread makes sense. The fact that the the New Madrid fault zone could be coming back to life doesn't matter earth quacks happen every day. I looked up how many happen every year/day this is what I learned:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Frequency of Occurrence of Earthquakes
Magnitude Average Annually
8 and higher 1 ¹
7 - 7.9 15 ¹
6 - 6.9 134 ²
5 - 5.9 1319 ²
4 - 4.9 13,000
(estimated)
3 - 3.9 130,000
(estimated)
2 - 2.9 1,300,000
(estimated)

According to the US Geological Survey there are approximately 1,000,000 earthquakes around the world every year (although the vast majority of these are so small they can only be detected by sensitive scientific equipment).

Of these 1,000,000, approximately 1/10 are large enough to be felt by humans. This means that on any given day there will be an average of 2750 earthquakes around the world of which 275 are large enough to be felt by humans.

Now, yes it would be a terrible thing if a huge fault line activated however its not unusual nor uncommon for earthquakes to occur.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

I have always suffered from headaches of all kinds. I remember having migraines when I was five years old and just laying on the couch crying.

Recently (last year or so) they had actually gotten a lot better, I had maybe 2 or 3 all year. In the last 3 weeks, I have had 3 plus many other non migraine headaches. I have had a headache in some form everyday since.

I didn't think much about it until I was reading what everyone wrote on here.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

They'd better watch out for fermenting seeds too,don't want them getting drunk either!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Actually the tremors here have grown less frequent in the past year. It seems that they have concentrated closer to your neck of the woods. Guy Arkansas has been the hot spot for tremors lately.... There is something that people seem to overlook,there are geothermal pockets in Arkansas around Hot Springs. That lies just off one of the main faults in the New Madrid series. A severe rupture in that area could potentially open up a new volcano. That would not be a good thing in my opinion.
Stay safe in Arkansas !!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I am in the St. Louis area and there was just a 2.5 earthquake a few days ago felt about one hour south of St. Louis. It may have even been on the day this video was shot, but I am not sure.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
How much you want to bet that nothing happens? Anyone? I am starting to get sick of these make believe stories every fracking day. I joined this site because I was interested and very intrigued but not one single thread has either provided enough proof or just down right nothing happens. No wonder people look at us like were dumb asses. It's nothing but false hope! Ok I'm done ranting for now.

edit on 1-2-2011 by pacofunk64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by pacofunk64

You should keep in mind this is largely entertainment... I Have been lurking around the conspiracy theory community and the net for hmm... Over 10 years now lol, you really dont want to hear how many times i have heard the world will end, we are on the verge of something big, planet x!! etc etc etc... Everything on this site is just food for thought as they say, because nothing here can be proven true. That is what makes it a conspiracy theory.

edit on 1-2-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Has anyone have any info on the possibility that strange magnetic anomalies are happening in those areas? There seems to be a lot going on and we all need to observe our locations.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join