It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Magnetosphere is getting twisted in a way I have never seen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
www2.nict.go.jp...

I have never seen this before. I have been looking at the nict site for at least a couple of years now, and can say it has not looked like this.

What could possibly cause this?

I will post a pic to this thread here in a few minutes.

edit on 31-1-2011 by downtown436 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I looked at the link but really have no clue what I am supposed to be seeing or not seeing? Maybe you could clue the clueless in?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Those red and blue lines coming off the Earth are a simulation of the actual Magnetosphere, based on readings taken from geosynch satellites.

Normally they just go up or down sort of, and in this particular photo which is the current one, they are twisted like a swirled ice cream cone.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

hate to sound dumb,,,
may we have a pick of what it looks like "normally"?

i dont see with understanding....

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Its was twisted sometime in Jan but I have never see it this bad before. Not an expert here, we need to line up some scientist. I don't like the looks of this -some believe as I do that the magnetosphere is the culprit for killing the birds. U2U me if you know anyone that give us a confirmation on this. S @ F
edit on 31-1-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Normally the blue lines go north and the red lines go south. Now it is all twisted up. I have also been watching this for a few weeks and it is getting so twisted lately. Every day it seems to be more so.
One day it looked like the shielding around the Earth was very faint white. Then this morning it was very bright red and yellow.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I have been taking screen shots each day for the last couple of days and keeping a folder of them throughout the year so i can compare them. I did think that something just didn't look right.

I think the red lines indicate negative and the blue are positive. So the more red the worst it is!

S&F

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I dont know what pressure and velocity signifies

Pressure is gone..

Velocity V(Km/sek) is zero used to be like 800

What does this mean..?

Tried to find info on the page but no help towards this.. is it the Velocity of incoming particles or ???

Anybody knows something about these graphs, please explain

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It should look like this I think:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I totally agree that this is what affected our animal kingdom. Which would follow that it would affect humans too. Somehow, sometime.

Very worrying image posted. . . I'm no scientist, so please forgive my ignorance on the matter, but could the pole shift have any bearing on the 'twisting' ?
edit on 31-1-2011 by 5senses because: changed thought

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Good idea - and thanks for letting know about the red and blue lines - I would like to learn more about how to read the sphere. I do know twisting is bad but would like to know what indicates what.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by strato

Great animation on the sphere and that looks normal as I have seen before - it certainly doesn' now.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 5senses

Magnetic Pole shift - yes I think so. Need to study up on this some more - I got interested in it about a month ago when the animals were dying - I will do some research when I get time - see what info I can come up with.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
As long as the magnetosphere exists, it is protecting the earth, it doesn't matter which way those lines go. Admittedly, they are abnormally twisted, and have been acting rather strange as of late, but the twisting and inter-mingling of the field lines, themselves, aren't an issue. What we want to be looking for is an abnormality in the field lines coming directly from the central spheroid (the earth, itself). If the locations of those lines starts becoming erratic, then we'll have something of concern. What we would expect to see then, instead of a rather uniform "entanglement" of red and blue lines at the middle, is clumping of red lines on top and/or blue lines on the bottom. That indicates anomalies in the magnetic field coming directly from the earth and that's what we need to be on the lookout for.
edit on 31-1-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Just the information I wanted to know. Thank you very much, now I feel I know what to look for.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Also...

Interestingly enough, that "clumping" should look similar to this, from not all that long ago...

www2.nict.go.jp...

...the difference being this is a temporary anomaly and the field lines immediately rejoin. Things like this are probably because there is always an active "pole reversal" at the core of the earth and this sometimes seeps through the earth's dominant field. It's when this "seepage" becomes the norm, when it envelopes the pole, when it begins to overtake the other field lines and doesn't rejoin, and when the field lines becomes less numerous (indicating an overall failure in the field) that we need to start saving our canned goods.
edit on 31-1-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The Horizon Project explains it pretty well.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
to go along with what CLPrime said, here's a thread that explains it and also has an image from 2009 that's a lot like the OP's.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
this thread went along with replies exactly like the thread three weeks ago went down....cool....i kept looking at the date, i thought it was the prior one!!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Looks that way quite often when the solar wind increases due to a CME or in this case a large coronal hole..

Next time a geo-effective solar flare erupts, keep an eye on it and see for yourself.

www.solen.info...

edit on 31-1-2011 by Regenmacher because: additional info

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join