It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is What Religion Destroys.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

I know this picture has been posted before, and so has the comment I put with it- www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I thought it important enough to give it it's own thread, I hope you agree, even if it just opens 1 persons mind then its worth it yes!

Here's a little back ground on my thoughts. If Jesus gave us great spiritual teachings and the elites new where these would lead, so they killed him.. Some years later (350ish) these same elites/vatican bring out a book of his teachings and tell us its gods words... Doesn't quite make sense does it!! And, it's these same "elites" that are making bible "prophecy" come true..

When I read the bible when I was young it just stank of disinfo, but had no idea what filled the void. To say there is no God(i hate that word now) felt wrong too! It's only recently that things seem to be coming together, and this picture really done it for me!

Here's my thought-

The Universe is a consciousness, our consciousness is a part of that consciousness. Thoughts and life are based on Energy, the Universes thoughts are stars being created and what ever else goes on out there. This is your Creator/God, think of our Spirit/Soul as a part of this Energy. This is what connects us to everything on earth, everyone, Mother Nature and The Universe. We are creators/gods in our own right! Religion is designed to destroy and distract us from this idea.

It's all about our connection to Mother Nature/ Earth our true potential and attaining christ consciousness!!! Believe it or not the word christ has been around a lot longer than what it's been associated with Jesus for!!

Jesus said it himself- Col 1:26-27 26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: (KJV) There's other examples.

The elites have it set up so that we're putting our faith, belief- Energy away from ourselves, and the idea that somebody is gonna come along and put things right and make up for Our mistakes,, everything has been doen to take away Our power and keep us in a naive little world!! It's what keeps our fears, egos and insecurities fuled,,, its what our societies are built on, at the top its greed for money and power.

If everything is Energy, then imagine if we could interact with it on another level. whats after tai gong, tai chi and all that!!!??

Whats your thoughts, are you religious, are you willing to think beyond fears, ego, insecurities and take responsibillity for the state of the planet??

Peace out n nuffLove

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WHOS READY
If Jesus gave us great spiritual teachings and the elites new where these would lead, so they killed him..

Okay, I suppose you could put it that way. Though he was killed by the long dead Jewish religious leaders and Roman government in the sort of backwater district of the Empire, neither of which leaps to mind when one thinks of "elite."

Some years later (350ish) these same elites/vatican bring out a book of his teachings and tell us its gods words... Doesn't quite make sense does it!!

I am guessing by your "350 years later" comment that you are a follower of Dan Brown's "Da Vinci Code" fictional version of history? A few minutes of research into Biblical history would demonstrate that the canon ("official" books of the Bible) was set before then, and largely unchanged since about a hundred years after Christ's death.

So, you're correct. Doesn't quite make sense.

Jesus said it himself- Col 1:26-27 26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Actually, the book of Colossians, which you're citing there, was written by the Apostle Paul, not Jesus. There are no credible texts claimed to have been written by Jesus, indeed, no credible sources of things he taught and said, apart from the Bible, which you don't seem to trust.

Whats your thoughts, are you religious, are you willing to think beyond fears, ego, insecurities and take responsibillity for the state of the planet??

Well, that's kind of out of left field, but, yes, I am religious, and I make a concerted effort to make the world a better place, whether it regards my fellow man, animals, or the environment. But I'm not really certain what you're asking, sorry.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
"As above so below"

Man is too stup1d to understand what that means.

The uk gov has spent 19 years taking my thoughts now, and they still cannot take one sentence from my mind and tell me what it means. Its far too complicated for the dunce that is humans.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

its like i keep telling people, the human race is not stupid and pathetic, its just how we've been programmed!!

and they couldn't have done this programming without religion, its the very fabric of the prison we're in!!

cheers for the reply dude.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
it went a bit tits up for some reason.
edit on 31/1/11 by WHOS READY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Okay, I suppose you could put it that way. Though he was killed by the long dead Jewish religious leaders and Roman government in the sort of backwater district of the Empire, neither of which leaps to mind when one thinks of "elite."

the people in power now, the various royalty and people behind the scenes have been in power and manipulating the world since atlantis sunk, which occured 9600 bc(ish)(which ties in with this thread- www.abovetopsecret.com...
when the roman empire collapsed it went underground and became the vatican!

I am guessing by your "350 years later" comment that you are a follower of Dan Brown's "Da Vinci Code" fictional version of history? A few minutes of research into Biblical history would demonstrate that the canon ("official" books of the Bible) was set before then, and largely unchanged since about a hundred years after Christ's death.

wasn't the first recording of a character called jesus 70 years after his death?

either way it was a while after his death that the book was written. anmd how many times has it been copied, translated, changed..... shed loads! what about the 14 books they didn't include?

If a god came down from the skies nowadays, what would we call it...?

If an alien came down from the skies thousands of years ago, what would they have called it...?

What about genesis 1:26- And (the council of) God(s) said, Let Us make man in oOur image, after Our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Actually, the book of Colossians, which you're citing there, was written by the Apostle Paul, not Jesus. There are no credible texts claimed to have been written by Jesus, indeed, no credible sources of things he taught and said, apart from the Bible, which you don't seem to trust.

So at least we agree on 2 things- there's no credible proof of jesus really saying much and apostles spoke of a christ within! happy days!

all as i'm saying is there's more to life. our history is very much different to the one we've been indoctrinated with!!!! they say about religion being a spiritual connection to jesus or what ever. Look what happened to the native american indians, mayans and aboriginis of various countries, they all understood their spiritual connection to mother nature, the universe etc... and they've all been almost wiped out, oppressed and their ways of life has been destroyed!

the vatican is the most profitable corporation on the planet, which makes the very foundations of our society based on greed for money and power. look at how many people have been killed as a result of religion!
and this was done for a "good" god..?

thanks for the reply!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
double post

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

when the roman empire collapsed it went underground and became the vatican!

Well, not really. Read Gibbons' The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire for the real story, though there is a bit of a conspiracy in there, as regards what he thinks religion (as opposed to the Church) had to do with the fall.

wasn't the first recording of a character called jesus 70 years after his death?

either way it was a while after his death that the book was written. anmd how many times has it been copied, translated, changed..... shed loads! what about the 14 books they didn't include?

Depends on which "14 books" you're talking about. There are lots of things that didn't make the cut, both orthodox and non. The general reason is lack of Apostolic connection, authenticity and how widely a text was used. "The Gospel According to Roger", written in 150AD, which promoted Gnosticism and was only used in two churches didn't stand much of a chance, rightly.

So at least we agree on 2 things- there's no credible proof of jesus really saying much and apostles spoke of a christ within! happy days!

To the contrary, as an Orthodox Christian, I think that the Bible is a credible source of Christian teachings. If I didn't, I wouldn't be a Christian

the vatican is the most profitable corporation on the planet, which makes the very foundations of our society based on greed for money and power.

If you're not intentionally being ironic, I would suggest studying up on "most profitable" and "corporation", because the Catholic Church is neither. And the current state of the Church has little or nothing to do with its origins, so I'm not sure why you'd rag on Christianity because you don't like the Catholics. A bit like ragging on Thomas Jefferson because you don't like President Obama.

look at how many people have been killed as a result of religion!

Compared to how many have been killed for reasons that had nothing to do with religion, hardly any.

Some people suck, and it doesn't matter what their motivation is.

top topics

join