It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deepening Canada-US Security and Military Ties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Deepening Canada-US Security and Military Ties

www.activistpost.com

Prime Minister Stephen Harper acknowledged in the House of Commons that, “Canada already operates under what is called the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) with the United States and Mexico.” This is further proof that the SPP never truly died. A perimeter approach to continental security is a continuation of the SPP agenda and will serve to expand the Canada-U.S. relationship in the confines of Fortress North America.

For those championing for deeper Canada-U.S. integration a North American security perimeter is seen as a logical next step. There now appears to be a renewed pu
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.canadians.org
www.canadians.org

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It pretty clear to me that the goal is still the creation of a North American (NAU). I know a couple years back people were celebrating that somehow the SPP had been defeated. Sure it was stalled and they got rid of the name but we did not beat the agenda. as The merging of the U.S.-Mexico-Canada into a NAU is still taking place much like the formation of the European Union. Kudos to all those who still cover these issues as many have dismissed them a some crazy conspiracy.

www.activistpost.com

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWMA2012

It pretty clear to me that the goal is still the creation of a North American (NAU). I know a couple years back people were celebrating that somehow the SPP had been defeated. Sure it was stalled and they got rid of the name but we did not beat the agenda. as The merging of the U.S.-Mexico-Canada into a NAU is still taking place much like the formation of the European Union. Kudos to all those who still cover these issues as many have dismissed them a some crazy conspiracy.

www.activistpost.com

The Yanks still have a ways to go before there is an NAU.

What benefit does Canada have to gain from the NAU? We must be responsible for supporting the American economy with raw resources? We need to provide security for Mexican drug wars?

There was never any threat to Canada before the Yanks pressured us into standing in as the spear of the assault on Afghanistan (remember, we were either with the US or with the terrorists
). Then we made enemies, but we have still never encountered terrorism on our soil, aside from some trumped-up arrests of supposed "terrorists" around Toronto.

Canadians aren't stupid. We know that Fortress America isn't going to protect us from anyone, especially not the energy-thirsty Americans. This is why the American Empire's foreign policy makers believe that "Canadians have a tendancy to become hostile towards any question of annexation within the United States".

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NWMA2012

Good catch. S&F&

So Harper said, “Canada already operates under what is called the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) with the United States and Mexico.”

I'm wondering... If it's called the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP), doesn't that mean it IS the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP)? ...Therefore and obviously, the SPP did NOT die?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Haven't been paying attention for a while. Looks like the boys have been very busy. From the source article:

In a statement following the bilateral meeting, Secretary Gates announced that, “Moving forward, we’ll examine together how the advanced defenses of our military networks might also be applied to protect critical civilian infrastructure.” In July of 2010, Public Safety Minister Vic Toews and U.S. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, reached an agreement to safeguard and respond to disruptions of shared infrastructure that connect the two nations. The Canada-U.S. Action Plan for Critical Infrastructure is designed to, “strengthen the safety, security and resiliency of Canada and the United States by establishing a comprehensive cross-border approach to critical infrastructure resilience.” This includes building partnerships, improved information sharing, as well as risk management aimed at increasing the ability to prepare for emergencies, such as a natural disaster and a terrorist or cyber attack. The action plan is part of ongoing cross-border collaboration and appears to be linked to the Civil Assistance Plan signed by the Canadian-U.S. military in 2008, which allows the armed forces of one nation to support the other during an emergency.

...about NORTHCOM and the Civil Assistance plan:

have signed a Civil Assistance Plan that allows the military from one nation to support the armed forces of the other nation during a civil emergency.

“This document is a unique, bilateral military plan to align our respective national military plans to respond quickly to the other nation's requests for military support of civil authorities,”

!!!

I have some thinking to do.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by NWMA2012

www.activistpost.com

The Yanks still have a ways to go before there is an NAU.

What benefit does Canada have to gain from the NAU? We must be responsible for supporting the American economy with raw resources? We need to provide security for Mexican drug wars?

There was never any threat to Canada before the Yanks pressured us into standing in as the spear of the assault on Afghanistan (remember, we were either with the US or with the terrorists
). Then we made enemies, but we have still never encountered terrorism on our soil, aside from some trumped-up arrests of supposed "terrorists" around Toronto.

Canadians aren't stupid. We know that Fortress America isn't going to protect us from anyone, especially not the energy-thirsty Americans. This is why the American Empire's foreign policy makers believe that "Canadians have a tendancy to become hostile towards any question of annexation within the United States".

I kan haz ur enurjee?

I can see why Canada would be scared of such a proposition. As a child, I always thought we would invade you guys as soon as we ran out of toothpicks but we have been pretty occupied with other made-up bad guys. Well, if it came down to it, you would have many, many Americans sharing your same sentiment and would be just as upset. The idea of affordable healthcare scares the crap out of us for some reason. Heck, some of the states don't even want to be part of the USA, so I can't blame Canada, either.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Can't we just have your resources without involving Mexico? :-p

I think a Central American Union (Mexico, and the rest of Central America) is more likely than a NAU, but what do I know.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I suspect that if the U.S. were to completely pull its military support of Canada, the Canadian government would be force to choose between free healthcare for it's citizens with a weak as hell military, or a strong military with no free healthcare.

You're welcome Canada.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiju
I suspect that if the U.S. were to completely pull its military support of Canada, the Canadian government would be force to choose between free healthcare for it's citizens with a weak as hell military, or a strong military with no free healthcare.

You're welcome Canada.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Anybody who is anybody in the field of Canadian politics know full well that a lot of our modern political direction is conducted from Washington.

What your perception of the situation is, is amateur at best. Before the Yanks took over our military industrial complex during the 50s, we maintained a top level military industry that helped our strong economy and provided a lot of jobs. We were the fourth largest industrial power after WWII, and the Americans "persuaded" our politicians that the Soviets were going to invade us if we did not ally with them through military and economy.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaiju

We don't only depend on the US to defend us we are a part of NATO and the UN. The EU will gladly back us up because we don't go around provoking wars and our citizens will remain a lot healthier than yours in the long run.

But the fact is America needs Canada more than Canada needs America. We provide oil, timber, electricity, maple syrup and hockey sticks. What on Earth would the US do if you didn't have hockey sticks? Our products are good world wide so I am sure we could find another trading partner easily.

The future of wars don't depend solely on one nation, but many.

new topics

top topics

join