It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor Sighting in Finland!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Another specatcular meteor, in Finland - I read somewhere else this actually made it into their main news.

Meteor Shower over Gulf of Bothnia
13.07.2004, 11.13
Boaters at the Gulf of Finland witnessed an unusual light phenomenon in the sky on Monday night. This was due to a meteor shower rarely seen in the area.

ww2.yle.fi...

E_T

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
There has been at least three other bolids with sonic boom in last couple years.
Something might have come even to surface but because of Finland's terrain finding those would be very hard.
In fact one them might have "landed" about 20-30 kilometers southwest from where I live... and second one to about 50 km northwest.
(as I said, hard terrain for finding pieces: lot of lakes and marshs and most of land covered with forests)

Here's good list of those:
www.somerikko.net...

That site has also pretty good list of impact craters:
World craters
Finnish craters

And about just half year ago they found crater which is also one the oldest found craters.
www.somerikko.net...

I'm going to Astronomical association's year main event at thursday and there should be one more "official" guest so I might have something new about this Keurusselk� crater in couple days... and I bet there's something about this newest bolid.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
remember NORAD's comments to FEMA after the Texas meteor sighting from last week?

If there's any truth to what they said, we can expect more of these things...

join