It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange compares Wikileaks to US Founding Fathers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Julian Assange compares Wikileaks to US Founding Fathers

www.telegraph.co.uk...

In a CBS interview with 60 Minutes aired on Sunday night Mr Assange, who is currently under US criminal investigation over the leaking of hundreds of thousands of secret military reports and diplomatic cables, also denied that he was motivated by a dislike of America.

“Our founding values are those of the US revolution,” Mr Assange told Steve Kroft. “They are those of people like [Thomas] Jefferson and [James] Madison," he added.

Mr Assange, 39, described members of Wikileaks as "free press activists" and said the website did not have a political agenda.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 31-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: fix url link

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I will, as usual, allow the reader and viewer to draw their own conclusions here.

Drawing up my own feelings on this, I am uncertain where I sit with all of this.

He does bring up an interesting point, as Thomas Jefferson in general was particularly notorious for standing up against Big gov and the BANKING industry, as being enemies of freedom and constitutional rights and civil liberties of the "little people".

Take a gander at last night's interview, and weigh in here folks:

Part 1:

Part 2:

www.telegraph.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 31-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: fix url link

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Julian WHO? Oh ... that guy. Is he still around? Say .. did he ever release the information that he supposedly had that would lead to thousands of arrests for criminal activities? No? Didn't think so. He's probably smarting at the moment because he isn't in the headlines.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Thanks DD!

This will do fine to fill my lunch break.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The broadcast media of the United States, with their credentialed status are most certainly not worthy of comparison to the Founding Fathers, and it is my guess that upon the creation of the Federal Communications Commission - among other alphabet agencies - collectively turned in their graves.

Whether Julian Assange and his Wikileaks organization is akin to the Founding Fathers, this remains to be seen. More than just publishing data and political doctrines, the Founding Fathers placed their very lives on the line, which it appears Assange has done the same, but when the smoke cleared and a Monarch yielded, (at least on the surface), the Founders then got to the tedious and difficult business of forging Constitutions, and government. Assagne has a long way to go before he can hope to fill their shoes.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The founding fathers did what they did DESPITE what would happen to them. They stood on principle and an idea that was bigger than them.

They didnt hold back information, for blackmail or as an ace in the hole.

They sacrificed everything they had, including their own lives and the safety of their families to do the right thing...

Julians organization works on the false premise, the "guise" if you will, that they are doing something for the "greater good", the whole while they are using the information they may or "may not" have, to use as ammunition.....

The founding fathers wouldnt have done this, they would have done what they needed to do and what was right, damn the consequences, let loose the dogs of war......

Nothing like our founding fathers

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Next he'll be comparing himself to Jesus.

When all the smoke has cleared away, WikiLeaks hasn't done anything on its own. It depends entirely on the contributions of others (who also take the heat) and what others have thus far contributed is of precious little value. If you compare what Assange has promised to reveal compared to what he has revealed, then he's revealed as a bag of hot air. He'd like us to think big corporations and big governments (No political agenda: Riiiiight!) are the emperors with no clothes when it is Assange himself who is running around naked.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
his 15 mins ain't up yet?? this bozo who touted info that was actually crap copied from a little pfc e-3's computer compares himself to founding fathers? maybe if jefferson stole washington's post it notes and read them out loud.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Wikileaks may be changing some things on the planet, whether for good or bad is yet to be seen, but they are airing out dirty laundry which I am more than fine with. But, comparing himself to the Founding Fathers is a little too far of a step to be taking. If he were truly all about getting this info out and looking out for the greater good of all of us, he would just upload the files as soon as he gets them and let us see them in their entirety vice holding on to them and releasing bits and pieces after he reviews them. If I had to guess, he is selling info to the people it will hurt which is why we aren't seeing the info on BofA or the Swiss info he just received. This guy is either a bull#ter, liar or just out for personal gain. Just give us the info or don't talk about it. Today was the last day for him to release the "January BofA" info as he claimed he would....with no explanation as to why we haven't seen it yet.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
he might as well let go any info he has. as of right now I don't think his BS carries as much financial value as he thinks/hopes. best case scenario for him his to hope to barter for lessened punishment legally, and go back to sexually assaulting people or whatever it was he did before.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The Founding Fathers?

Umm, no. Old pasty-face and his gossip brigade are not the Founding Fathers.

Not by a long shot.

new topics

top topics

join