It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military industrial giant The Carlyle Group poised to become world's largest private equity manager

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I saw this article on the Washington Post site a few days ago, I did a search and was surprised no one picked it up.

edit : I just did another google search and only return three results - The original article, My fresh thread, and another alternative media site. Typical. Business as usual.

Excerpts from article

Carlyle deal for Dutch firm would make it world's largest private equity manager

District-based Carlyle Group has agreed to purchase a Dutch asset manager in a deal that would significantly expand its investment portfolio and make it the world's largest private equity firm.

Carlyle said Tuesday the acquisition of AlpInvest Partners would give it nearly $150 billion in assets under management, up from the current $98 billion. By that metric, Carlyle is expected to overtake rivals Blackstone Group and KKR to become the world's largest buyout firm once the deal closes.

"What it does for Carlyle is it gives them access to very large, very influential limited partners as well as guys who have been in fund investing in a big way for a long time," said Brent Whisenant, managing director with Medley Partners, a San Francisco-based family office.

While this raise some big red flags, it is not a surprise that the war giant is becoming the worlds biggest equity firm, I mean with all the wars and all.

To those who might not be aware of the high profile characters that have or had direct ties to this group, here is a list from the ATS CARLYLE GROUP TINWIKI.....

Membership The Carlyle Group has a combined membership of over 350 individuals, including many key political and military figures from all over the world. The more notable members are outlined below.
* James Baker III, former United States Secretary of State under George H. W. Bush, Staff member under Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush, Carlyle Senior Counselor
* George H. W. Bush, former U.S. President, Carlyle Senior Advisor to the Carlyle Asia Advisory Board
* Frank C. Carlucci, former United States Secretary of Defense from 1987 to 1989, chairman emeritus and currently strategic business advisor
* Richard Darman, former Director of the U.S. Office of Management and Budget under George H. W. Bush, Senior Advisor and Managing Director of The Carlyle Group
* Colin Powell, former Secretary of State under George W. Bush
* Alice Albright, daughter of Madeleine Albright who was Clinton's Secretary of State
* William Kennard, former chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, Carlyle's Managing Director in the Telecommunications & Media Group
* Arthur Levitt, chairman of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) under President Bill Clinton, Carlyle Senior Advisor
* John Major, former British Prime Minister
* Mack McLarty, President of Kissinger McLarty Associates, Carlyle Senior Advisor
* Fidel Ramos, former president of the Philippines, Carlyle Asia Advisor Board Member (Carlyle Asia was disbanded in February 2004)
* Caspar Weinberger, former Secretary of Defense
* Park Tae Joon, former prime minister of South Korea
* Karl Otto Pöhl, former president of the Bundesbank

Among the more controversial partners were members of the bin-Laden family (relatives of Osama bin-Laden, not the man himself). In October 2001, the family sold its $2.02 million investments back to Carlyle after the terrorist attacks on 9/11/01.

To give you an idea how big they have become from the same 2009 TinWiki Entry...

The Carlyle Group is a private investment firm with more than $18 billion in liquid capital, and over $44 billion in contracts all over the globe.

Jan 26, 2011 - 150 billion up from 98 billion.

Sources:
The Washington Post
ATS TinWiki - Carlyle Group
The Carlyle Group

edit on 31-1-2011 by timewalker because: new stuff

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Come on nobody? It does not bother anyone that a company that has the political influence to squash countries and then rebuild them at huge profits is becoming the biggest in the world with unlimited potential?

Just dug up this documentary on The Carlyle Group. The level of conflict of interest are astounding to me. This is a much watch vid. The first 1:47m is in Dutch and the rest is in English. So keep watching.

Google vid - The Iron Triangle - The Carlyle Group Exposed

Google Video Link

The Military Industrial Complex is at the top of their game with more power than ever and does not look like there is an end to this war economy that we are perpetually stuck in.

edit on 31-1-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Nothing really New, they just went 'Legal' with it.
... all the while nearly doubling capable considerations

a 2/3s increase in 'tappable' monies coupled with That list of 'members' ?

'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer

the enemy of my enemy is my friend

seems to me that some folks in certain regions of the globe might want to get used to a weather forecast of,

hazy, hot and humid, with a chance of 'showers'.

:shk:

pathetic, but the machine grinds on no matter.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Annie Mossity

seems to me that some folks in certain regions of the globe might want to get used to a weather forecast of, hazy, hot and humid, with a chance of 'showers'.

Yeah lead showers, or what ever new alloy bullets that Carlyle is producing.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Well, that sucks, the cabal is making a more public appearance, this is never good.

My reason for stating it is not good is because they slither out from under a rock.

And too few people can tell their intent, their methodology, or their actions.

From regular businessmen.

Which they most certainly are not.

This group of people is the public face to Skull and Bones.

Too few people know they are nothing more than corporate raiders.

Corporate pirates is actually more accurate.

Political Currency : Secret Societies, Those They Blackmail, and the Corrupt Currency...

Hostile takeovers, blackmail, and cut-throat tactics is what the Carlysle Group is all about.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

This group of people is the public face to Skull and Bones.

Part A - good side of the devil..

Duality sucks.

join