It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didn't Obama admin see this coming in Egypt?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
Call me what you will which just shows where you stand. This is all part of the worldwide caliphate that Obama is a party too. Million man march anybody??? Community organizers unite mooslim brudderhood and obama and his minions are one.

This statement makes no sense.

He is slyly asserting that the African-American civil rights movement is a secret "Mooslim", (Communist too, why not?), plot to destroy America.

FAIL

edit on 2/1/2011 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

No I'm pointing out the pathetic attempt by the media to do as such. I guess that flew right over your head too.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by FredT

Saudi Arabia is already an Islamic state, thought the royal family pretends to like the West.

Yes it is but with a Royal Family who is by and large hated and has bought off any opposition and brutaly supressed others. When that revolution comes it will be swift and brutal. Lest we forget 19 of 20 911 hijackers were from SA

It is possible that Egypt will become an Islamic state, but that is not up to us. It is their nation. If Egypt decided that the US was too dangerous as a "Christian nation" and invaded, I'm pretty sure the people would not just allow it.

I agree it will be thier decision in the end. However, we will be the ones without a chair when the music stops JUST like we were in Iran. People seldom forgot who financed or pulled the strings of thier tormentors.

If you look closely the names have changed but this is EXACTLY what went down in Iran in 1978-1979

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

From the response we are getting from the White House it seems they had no idea this was about to happen nor any plan to reply. After what occured in Tunesia this is utter incompetence on the CIC and his staff. Now with this same type of uprising soon to spread what is the admin prepared to do just sit back and watch our interests in the gulf go up in flames??? Foreign policy under this president has been an absolute failure and this tops the cake.

Well, seems Obama and his administration are a bit clueless. I admit I was surprised myself, but, you know, these things are sometimes unpredictable. People just revolt and take to the streets and they persist to the bitter end or till victory. *shrug*
Yes, after Tunesia he should have had at least a hunch that the fire would spread, so to speak.

Meanwhile Obama attends his daughters basketball game and parties it up with Axlerod as the mideast burns. All I can say is he better take the clamps off oil production over here because once the spigot gets shut off in the middle east he'll be looking at folks outside the White House with pitchforks and shovels and the military standing aside just like in Egypt.

Right, totally irresponsible, how dare he have a private life?
I doubt that the Americans will revolt and force Obama to flee the country in shame or *gasp* try him for treason.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by FredT

Saudi Arabia is already an Islamic state, thought the royal family pretends to like the West.

Yes it is but with a Royal Family who is by and large hated and has bought off any opposition and brutaly supressed others. When that revolution comes it will be swift and brutal. Lest we forget 19 of 20 911 hijackers were from SA

The thing is that there are several islamic sects; SA is wahabist, Iran is Shia and there are the Sunnis (Iraq), too. Exciting time we are living in. As someone who has witnessed the revolution and regime change from a dictatorship in 1974 here in Greece, I can tell you that once the people are fed up, you can't stop them, even if you kill them.

It is possible that Egypt will become an Islamic state, but that is not up to us. It is their nation. If Egypt decided that the US was too dangerous as a "Christian nation" and invaded, I'm pretty sure the people would not just allow it.

I agree it will be thier decision in the end. However, we will be the ones without a chair when the music stops JUST like we were in Iran. People seldom forgot who financed or pulled the strings of thier tormentors.

Exactly, every nation must be free to choose the form of government it wants - democratically. Well, win a little, loose a little ...

If you look closely the names have changed but this is EXACTLY what went down in Iran in 1978-1979

Yeah, I agree. The bet is who will succeed in Egypt? Will it be moderate democrats or the theocratic, fundamentalist Brotherhood of Islam?
I fear for the worst, if it is the latter. It will be just replacing one dictatorship with another one.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join