It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A view from the UFO looking down at you

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Here's a photo of the only uncontacted tribe in the world; it stuck me as they're looking up at the airplane this might be the same expressions we'd have if we saw a UFO up close.

"Uncontacted Tribe, One Of The World's Last, Threatened By Illegal Logging In Brazil (PHOTOS) "

Link :www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
Here's a photo of the only uncontacted tribe in the world; it stuck me as they're looking up at the airplane this might be the same expressions we'd have if we saw a UFO up close.

"Uncontacted Tribe, One Of The World's Last, Threatened By Illegal Logging In Brazil (PHOTOS) "

Link :www.huffingtonpost.com...

I really hope they find a way to leave those people be. If they are curious, I am sure they know right where modern civilization is. This relates to the rest of us consuming every resource like its going out of style. I realize we can't turn back. I also realize the economic implications of changing our exploitation of natural resources. We need to put a plan in place to make this switch now. I do not understand why every nation isn't demanding this. We could put in a 50 year plan if that what it takes. That gives governments and industry time to make the shift.

epic fail for all of us ...
edit on 31-1-2011 by VI0811 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Jason88

I love that there are still tribes out there living like they must have been for thousands of years. I hope the illegal loggers get what they have coming to them.

link   

Originally posted by Jason88

They're probs not the last ones - and they don't think they're UFO's per say. Really they think it's giant metal birds. That's why they have their spears and bows ready.

link   
wow those pictures blew me away

thanks for posting...amazing stuff

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Wow, interesting find with great pics! It's like looking through a time portal almost, and yes it is a cool perspective with the aerial shots. Hate to see continued imposing on the last of group of isolated and independent natives. Jobs and growth, jobs and growth they say.

spec

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I wish beyond anything that these people could be left alone... Or at least be given the choice to make changes if they wanted to, without being inundated by technology and forced to become the same as the rest of the world.. Beautiful pictures.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Very cool pictures. I can't imagine what they are thinking. The third photo made me bust out laughing though. I swear the furthest one to the right looks like he is wearing a Spiderman suit.

Checking into this further, are these from the same pictures a few years ago that was said to be a fake?
Fake Tribe
edit on 31-1-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
They would have to be some the most beautiful looking people that I have ever seen. I'm in awe.

And yeah, I suppose most would be amazed and stunned looking up at a UFO, notice though how the people aren’t panicked, they aren’t running in FEAR, they are just watching and waiting to see what will happen next. And yes I know this isn’t a UFO, but to this tribe, it might viewed as one.

You know how some images stay with you the rest of your life... Well I think this is one of them.
Thank you for posting this.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
great pictures....these guys looking happy and very healthy...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Almost breaks my heart, imagining what the future will look like for these people. I wish like hell their territory could be left to them, but sadly, they don't realize (I suppose) that they don't own the ground they live on.

One of the many times I wish I were filthy rich, so I could buy their lands and leave it to them. Thanks, OP for the thread.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
They didn't show the pictures of this tribe throwing spears at the plane, I wonder what they thought the plane was

I'll try to find the picture I'm referring to.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

These guys were 'discovered' a few years back in 2007-08 iirc. For all its problems with illegal loggers and corporate corruption, the Brasilian Government have made an effort to ensure they are left alone. In 2009 I heard an interview with a UK anthropologist who was allowed to make contact with a similar tribe. It was fascinating. He stayed with them 3 or 4 times and studied their language until he could communicate on their terms. What was interesting was he found they had no words for 'me' or 'I.' They talked in terms of all of them collectively. They had no words for time as in 'then' 'was' or 'did.'

According to the way their language worked, they had the concept of time, but it just didn't matter. When he went back to visit, they always welcomed him. At the same time, they didn't see any difference between his being there then or in the past. It's hard to explain without linking the interview.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

they are missing some good music

i dedicate this to them...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Not a new found tribe at all.

José Carlos, has admitted that the tribe has, in fact, been known about since 1910. He created the hoax "in order to call attention to the dangers the logging industry may have on the group.

source

They need to leave them alone.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

Not a new found tribe at all.

José Carlos, has admitted that the tribe has, in fact, been known about since 1910. He created the hoax "in order to call attention to the dangers the logging industry may have on the group.

source

They need to leave them alone.

looooooooooooooooooooool everything is fake hahahaha

nuke em...

i hate who play around with my feelings >.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
It's hard to explain without linking the interview.

Kandinsky, do you have that interview, i would love to listen to it.
Thank you.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I just did some cursory research and it appears this is not a fake per se, this tribe is known to governments and anthropologists. So it's not that we don't know about them, is that they have no interest in knowing us.

I share the same sentiment as everyone here - just leave them alone. And glad to learn the Brazilian government is trying protect them, but I think it's just a matter of time before they're absorbed into the general population... likely forced off their land from logging, living above prized natural resources, or another dam.

edit on 31-1-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

A good starting point would be at their Wiki page.

Quite a few external links to scientific papers on them and an interview with a French reporter too.

Of course Kandy could be speaking on 1 of the many other South American tribes which don't appoint a hierarchy system to define themselves - top link on external links of the Wiki page for a list of others.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Asnd here was saying previously that they didn’t look panicked and they stayed calm ..doh

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join