It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
OK i know they r called avatars but without hoping to get completely mashed up by thr pro's, how do ya get one.
remeber be gentle i am a newbee!!!1:bash::bash::bash:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
look at the top to the right. you'll see "control panel". click on that.

then click on profile.

go to the bottom and you'll see a field to insert a URL and once you put one in (some sites do not allow hosting so make sure the image is on your own site.)

now if you dont have an image, find one. however we have guidelines for avatars. go this link to learn about those guidelines.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this will tell you everything you need to know. we also have a member center each person has that has its own upload area so you can upload your avatar there if you like. (you can find this clicking onto the ATS board and clicking on "member center" at the top)

i hope this helps you, if not...i'm only a scream away, dont be too shy to scream.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   
they are irrelavant only untill i have attained enough points to impart with such points to attain a reasonably cool and spiffing avatar that suit both my style and interlect.

gona be a long wait init?!!!

cheers for the help prankmonkey much appreciated, you truly are a person of extreme forsight and wisdom i dof my cap to you most humbly.dof dof dof .

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave1812
they are irrelavant only untill i have attained enough points to impart with such points to attain a reasonably cool and spiffing avatar that suit both my style and interlect.

Big words, dude.
Everyone can have one.

Just make sure it's no larger than 160x320 and 74K.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Look in these threads for some avatars that members have created. Be sure to ask the creator before you use any of them.:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
cheers banshee,
i am now standing in the corner of the room with the dunces hat on me head.

thanx for the links i will now away to avatar land.......

lol dave1812

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave1812
i am now standing in the corner of the room with the dunces hat on me head.

But is it a TIN FOIL dunce hat???!?
You are on a conspiracy site, you know!

Holler if you run into any problems with the avatar thing.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
ha ha ha abosultement

tin dunce hat collectors item ya know,

l8er.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
have got an avatar now this is just a test to see if its workin!!!!!
fingers crossed......

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
avatars are still irrelavant unless you know how to upload the damn things,

walks away and sulks.....

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
wait a minute now! dont get so discouraged!

let uncle monkey guide you through this!

first go the member center. you can find this in the middle at the top of the page on the ATS side.

once you find it click on it. look to the left and you'll see your personal upload center. scroll down that miniwindow (you may not have to, i do, i have a lot of files uploaded) and find the "browse" button. this will open a window allowing you to serach through your computer/harddrive for a picture. once you find that picture click on it and then click on ok. then click on "upload". wait until it uploads (this may take a few seconds or longer depending if you have dial up or DSL) once it uploads, at the top of that upload window it will give you the URL (LINK address). copy that and then click on control panel. then click on change profile and paste (right click and choose paste) in the field for the URL of your avatar. then click "save changes" at the bottom (make sure you reset your time as it defaults back to GMT each time you go to your profile to change something in it.

should you have any problems...let me know.

[Edited on 16-7-2004 by ThePrankMonkey]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Go to the main ATS page. Click �MemberCenter U2U�.

On the left side of the screen you will see �Upload�, click it.

Then �Browse� your computer for the image.

Then copy the renamed file location and paste it in your profile with the required BBcode.

top topics

join