It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumsfeld to receive 'Defender of the Constitution Award' at CPAC!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Rumsfeld to receive 'Defender of the Constitution Award' at CPAC!

www.rawstory.com

Former US Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld will be honored with the "Defender of the Constitution Award" at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), an annual event attended by numerous conservative activists, journalists, and politicians.

WorldNetDaily columnist Brad O'Leary and American Conservative Union chairman David A. Keene will present the former Defense secretary with the award on Feb 10, according to the conference's schedule of events (.pdf).

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I will try to restrain myself from saying what I truly feel here...

Slow, deep in breath....out breath....

Welcome to Alice in Wonderland, where what's up is down, what's down is up.

Where presidents who expand wars against their citizens wishes, continue operating torture prisons, approve of indefinite detentions, are rewarded the Nobel 'peace' prize...

And where the instigator of of illegal invasions based on lies, responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of people both foreign and domestic, are not only never held accountable for their crimes against humanity, but are actually REWARDED, as 'defenders' of morality and constitutionality.

Cue twilight zone music...

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Wow

(sorry for the one line response Mods but that's all I can say. Actually this is my 2nd line.
)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So let me get this straight? If you send in troops to fight a lie of a war, you get honored? But if you stand up for what is right, you get cast to the side?

So big D, gets a medal for an illegal war, and yet the American citizenry not only doesn't have a say so in this, but we continue to eat Ramen noodles because were all out of work?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Well that seems to be the way they legitimize their actions, with awards and money.
It's over, we're screwed. :: Looking for rabbit because I'm late too! ::

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Well Big O got a peace prize for spending more on war,
so why shouldn't Rummy get one for defending the constitution which he ripped to shreds??

Makes perfect sense when you look at it that way..

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Welcome to the future folks. We get screwed by our officials and they reward each other for, "Who can #&%@ the American populace in the best manner?"

Its all a game to them.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I dont even know what to say................next prisions will be called Freedom Camps

Wish I had a second line but.............wow

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I'm with you all the way on this one. *Turns the music up

Seriously speechless. Donald "Humans are Fungible" Rumsfeld? The U.S. Constitution?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This makes me physically sick.

And im British.

Wow

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
this is a great example, proof, if you still need it that those in Washington are just towing the line without any real critical thinking or truth making its way to light

a great example of just how out of touch and ignorant this government/administration has become

more truthfully would be "defender of the elites agenda" ....hey Donny you find any of those billions of dollars that vanished from our defense budget or any of those WMD's yet?

....after awarding Obama a noble peace prize, can't say this is surprising

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The same guy who bypassed all the Constitutionally derived channels to legally allow Aspartame to be put into foods is getting an award for defending the Constitution? Talk about a living example of an oxymoron....

I'm appalled. I think the CPAC folks need to go back and read the Constitution again and take a hard look at Rummy's track record while they are at it.

S&F OP

~Namaste
edit on 31-1-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Please, PLEASE, someone confirm that this is a joke

Go on DD, own up ... you decided to play an April Fool's joke 3 months early, didn't you? ... Please say you did!

Unbelievable!!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
So let me get this straight? If you send in troops to fight a lie of a war, you get honored? But if you stand up for what is right, you get cast to the side?

So big D, gets a medal for an illegal war, and yet the American citizenry not only doesn't have a say so in this, but we continue to eat Ramen noodles because were all out of work?

Ramen can be great if you add other stuff to it! I think I will make a cook book.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'm sorry are we all 8 yrs old again and opposite day is a real thing? Do they try to find the person least deserving?
I think the greatest tragedy of all is that this little tidbit will be linked forever to his name. When we are all long gone people will look him up and see what a great defender he was, instead of the lying, murdering, bastard that he actually was.

edit on 31-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
I think the greatest tragedy of all is that this little tidbit will be linked forever to his name. When we are all long gone people will look him up and see what a great defender he was, instead of the lying, murdering, bastard that he actually was.

that is a great point, a legacy is also something TPTB can use/offer as a bargaining chip

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Does anyone get the feeling that they are just laughing at us now?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Revisionist history so rocks...especially when it happens right before our eyes

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

Not only laughing at us all, but literally TAUNTING us, and the world at large.

The above mentioned 'peace' prize awarded to an M.I.C. stooge, Dumbya cleaning up on speaking circuits and openly admitting in his book of approving torture, and now this type of face-slapping, nose-thumbing arrogance is literally just saying to us all "that's right, we are untouchable, and there's nothing you can do about it peons."

Welcome to a world gone completely mad, where the lunatics have truly taken over the asylum.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Actually yes, Rumsfeld deserves this reward...once you understand the Legal Latin Definition of the word Constitution means: Promise to pay back another's debt.

Indeed the wars that Bush and Company and Obama et al have been prosecuting are designed to secure resources for those that debt is owed too (largely European banks, corporations and oligarchs) and to use our tax payer funded military as a mercanary force to steal resources and obtain funding by other statist ventures looking for a portion of those resources once under our control, or the control of the puppet governments we install.

Rumsfeld did do an excellent job at this, and thus deserves the reward.

Those who really want to wake up to the reality of the International Shadow Government and it's crimes need to follow the trail of deciet and lies back to the beginning. A beginning that began before the constitution and the constitution being decreed through treaty as an instrument vital to gaurantee the constant honoring of the contracts and debts that began when the first pilgrim stepped onto the rock, the first business venture was set up in Roanoke, and the first Propriertorship began in Pennsylvania.

One of the great fictions hidden behind mom, apple pie and Chevrolets is just who owns what in the United States, how long they have owned it, how they still get paid for it, and what the Constitution actually is.

Because so many of us believe it to be something it is not, it leads to our perpetual bondage and slavery under the free range slavery statist system, because we actually imagine the thing that cursed us to this, is the thing that blessed us into not having happen, exactly what did happen.

Yes Rumsfeld actually deserves this award, because he actually did protect the Constitution as an instrument of guaranteeing to pay back another's debt, by using our military to rape, pillage and plunder to do that.

This is a case where the whole truth and nothing but the truth is actually far worse than the partial truths or lies.

The truth will set you free, people need to invest in good dictionaries, start reading the Treaties, and being honest with themselves in regards to the myths and fictions and you too can discover what the Constitution is really all about.

edit on 31/1/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join