It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids today.....(Use Protection Folks!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
From a sociological viewpoint, teen pregnancy (and more importantly, single mommy-hood) is part of the rubric that the higher social classes use to decide who and who cannot be a member.

Since 2000, teen pregnancy, unmarried pregnancy, and divorce rates have all plummeted among the upper and middle classes in the US, while remaining the same in lower third.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Well the saying goes what if the kid is the next president.what if what if you know.one thing people dont take into consideration is what if that kid is the next Chaz williams or Felix Mitchel.I think that if your not ready to have a kid dont # around.Protection only works to a certain extent.I mean a child is the greatest thing that
could happen to a person.But it could also be the thing that for ever ruins your life.Think about everything befor u
do it.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

I'm not looking to blame her or him or anyone else, but society instead. Hear my rant.

I am convinced that the biggest problem is that little girls aren't being raised to hold themselves in high regard.

Oh wow,I just pointed your post out to my Mrs because this is something I said to her a while back.

When girls/women were raised to hold themselves and wait for Mr right it forced most boys/men to be Mr right.

Yet here in Australia a few months ago there was report done on an a current affair program about one school where pregnant girls had reached epedemic proportions,there were from memory 90 pregnant girls in this one school which illustrates the massive problems in society with these issues.

This problem has no where to go but worse,seeing that many of the children nowadays come from broken families and are raised by those who have little morals or values themself to instill to their children.

Just recently on another thread here I commended a youngish (26) guy for being rspectable and holding himself from being just like the norm (a bad boy) just so they can get into girls pants or to fit in with the norm,yet people male and female were trying to get him to change his values rather than respect the respectable values he has in response to his posts.He is still a virgin and is looked down upon because he appears different to the norm and as we know generally girls/women like the bad boy through either being educated by media or what have you rather than wanting Mr right from yesteryear.

Its such a surpise when I see once in a blue moon a young girl or guy free of tatoos studs or looking like they just crawled out of the gutter etc who obviously has some respectable values,its even more rare to hear them speak and know they do.

Gazrock I think your doing as much as any person could possiblly do for her,though from what I have seen from the media etc in giving warnings to young people as in this thread, its more like they see it as an instruction to do the exact opposite or they`re not normal amongst their peers.Shunned and picked on are those who aren`t disrespectful,come from a broken family,had an unwanted pregnacy,divorced,virgins waiting for Mr or Mrs right,etc etc etc instead of the other way around as in yesteryear.

This planet needs an enima and hopefully only those left will have decent values.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Its such a surpise when I see once in a blue moon a young girl or guy free of tatoos studs or looking like they just crawled out of the gutter etc who obviously has some respectable values,its even more rare to hear them speak and know they do.

An interesting thing... Out of all the people I know between the ages of 16 and 30, I don't think ANY of them are completely free of tattoos or untraditional piercings. Everyone at least has SOMETHING, even if it isn't normally visible. How weird is that? My wife and I don't have any, so not like we're part of that subculture or anything. Weird.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Actually, the popularity of tattoos (in the USA) peaked about 2006 and has been in decline since then. Young people are not getting tatoos at the same rate they were a decade ago. I posted two studies in the thread about the guy who couldn't get hired at the oil change place because of his visible tattoos.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

Yeah, tattoos on the hands or face especially...you're pretty much doomed as to your job prospects.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Tattoos, piercings, and teen pregnancy have increased, ten fold, in the state I'm in. Kids these days...even though I'm one of them, sort of
but I'm probably going to be a virgin the rest of my life because I don't want kids, and the thought of possibly getting a girl pregnant is stronger than my sexual desire. I don't need it anyway

I don't know why its so hard for other teens to not have sex though...But I've always been the outcast, even of the outcasts, so I wouldn't understand much lol. At my school, most teens have had sex at least once by 9th grade, and everyday I'm seeing more and more pregnancies.

Wish I could find a girl with a like mind and without any tattoos or piercings (and maybe even a virgin like me
), but that's near impossible here. I just wish they wouldn't screw up their beautiful skin...but, they'll do what they will. So, it's probably the single road for me, since I'm a bit picky lol.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DanDeath

There's a big difference between those SAYING they've had sex...and those who HAVE though...remember that too...when in school....

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

USE PROTECTION KIDS!

Sadly, they have been saying this to kids since I was a kid in the 1960s. Only times I ever used a condom was to keep my ex from getting pregnant, and to protect myself when with Ladies of the Evening, so to speak. This is the top reason sexual education should be taught in school, it simply cannot be left in the hands of parents in the hope THEY will teach their kids about sex. Religious types just say "don't have sex until marriage," Yeah, right! and some parents cannot even talk about sex with their spouse. Our taxes support the schools, and the schools is where the teaching is supposed to happen. The parent's job is to get the kids to school, and fill in the blanks when necessary.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

By protection, I mean both parties... It is far more practical for a gal to take a pill at a routine time, but BOTH parties are responsible if not wanting a pregnancy.....

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Well then, I'm pretty sure at least most of the girls have had sex, or else there wouldn't have been so many pregnant

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I don't know...but ALL methods of protection FAIL . Common sense should be cherished over convinience.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by luciere

All methods have a POTENTIAL to fail (except abstinence, which is 100% effective). Still, most methods are 90+% effective.

but I'm probably going to be a virgin the rest of my life because I don't want kids, and the thought of possibly getting a girl pregnant is stronger than my sexual desire. I don't need it anyway

That's a bit extreme. There are control measures you know...such as those mentioned in this thread. There's a definite mental change once one has sex (with another)...and without this, I think we'd probably go insane...so don't go insane.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join