It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman Sachs Director:Egyptians,Greeks,Tunisians & British Protesting Against Pillaging of Economie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Goldman Sachs Director: Egyptians, Greeks, Tunisians and British Protesting Against Pillaging of Economies

www.infowars.com

Nomi Prins – former managing director of Goldman Sachs and head of the international analytics group at Bear Stearns in London – notes that the Egyptian people are rebelling against being pillaged by giant, international banks and their own government as much as anything else.

She also points out that the Greek, British, Tunisian and other protesters are all in the same boat:

The ongoing demonstrations in Egypt are as much, if not more, about the mass deterioration of economic conditions and the harsh result of years of financial deregulation, than the political ideology that some of
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 31-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hmm, not sure it is ENTIRELY over that, but the economic tyranny of greedy, parasitical bankster thugs does seem to be a catalyst, or proverbial straw breaking the camel's back here in regards to many of these uprisings.

I do feel that as one shafting after another is handed down from these insatiably power and control mongering elitist groups, that the masses are literally being SHAKEN awake, if for no other reason than it being a necessity for their very survival.

This global awakening and standing up against tyranny needs to extend FAR beyond these governmental puppets, and to the very top tier levels of power and control---The ones who are pulling their strings, and dictating and manipulating global policy. Merely switching regimes is not getting to the root of the problem. I hope that the masses are getting wise to this as well, in this merry-go-round of manipulation of societies.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
America should be next...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
yet americans sit on their ass (me included...
while the same thing is happening to us...what to do???what to do??

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Wake up! This has nothing to do with people awakening, this is NWO funded "revolution" it is not a true people's uprising, at face value it is, but this goes so much deeper than that, the people of North Africa and the Middle East are currently being used as pawns in a much larger game.

I have made a thread that I think you should check out which outlines what is going on...

Revolution - The NWO's Middle East Takeover

I would very much appreciate your comments and input...

Don't fall for the illusion that this is a people's "revolution", look deeper and you will see we are all being lied to!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The sourced article leads to a blog, so it may be more op ed than news, but it is well written and very generous with interesting information.

I tend to think that a people's economic situation is the overriding factor for social and political stability. People who have nothing to lose will revolt, can be convinced to perform terrorist acts, become petty criminals, or all of the above. But, give someone a decent wage, decent lodging, and a way to take care of their family and they will gladly leave well enough alone.

Around 2005, Egypt decided to transform its financial system in order to increase its appeal as a magnet for foreign investment, notably banks and real estate speculators. Egypt reduced cumbersome bureaucracy and regulations around foreign property investment through decree (number 583.) International luxury property firms depicted the country as a mecca (of the tax-haven variety) for property speculation, a country offering no capital gains taxes on real estate transactions, no stamp duty, and no inheritance tax.

I'm not sure how different this situation is from those of western countries. Perhaps our governments should take head that they don't push the balance of wealth too far... revolution, it seems, can come unsuspectedly.

the Billmeister

edit on 31-1-2011 by Billmeister because: grammar

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
yet americans sit on their ass (me included...
while the same thing is happening to us...what to do???what to do??

I suggest a chocolate milk shake, always cheers me up on a warm winter's day, and a happy pill never hurts too!

Then look inside your wallet past the dust and lint and cobwebs to see if on the off chance you have a few dollars to spend.

Do you? Excellent...go to the store and indulge yourself with some little luxury one of the handful of corporations that own everything supply.

Don't be confused by all those competing brands, in most cases the same parent corporation owns them all any way, so never worry that the little bit of money you had to work hard at earning, borrowing or stealing won't end up in the oligarchs pockets.

It will, it will, rejoice and say hallelejuha you are now the proud owner of a candy bar.

The temptation to indulge in it's luxuriating warmth and tastes right then and there will be overwhelming but resist the temptation to carry yourself to that perfect spot where you can sit back and for 1 minute and 32 seconds enjoy your life without the intrusion of some horrible news story, bleak prospect for the future, tragic injustice or mean spirited lie.

Savor those fleeting moments then fold the wrapper and look at it, and say, "Hey life's not so bad, good candy bar"

Now make sure to fold the wrapper neatly and put it into a trash recepticle otherwise you might be looking at a 135.00 dollar code violation for littering!

I hope this helps!

Thanks.
edit on 31/1/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hmmmm.. interesting article.

Here is one by here that Infowars mentions..

The CIA on Egypt's Economy, Financial Deregulation and Protest

Given her background the article is somewhat ironic. Its like a fox saying, "This is why it was a bad idea to leave me alone in the chicken house!"

top topics

join