It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Over Utah Drop Flare-Like Objects?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
not debunking....but I do have a question. As always the military, according to the article, says nothing was showing out of the usual....isn't it possible it was a military practice of some kind. There has been talk of drones and their use on the public.

Could it have been drone practice? Do they make a lot of noise in flight? Can they be controlled to fly in formation?....just a few questions.

I would love for disclosure to be made in regards to ET's just as much as anyone else that feels they exist...but in this reality, we need to look for logical explanations until the truth is told without letting it effect our other thoughts and beliefs.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lansky
Could this be the same thing as Israel ?

I dont know friend but it is around same time frame.
Thanks

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on January 31st 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.
not debunking....but I do have a question. As always the military, according to the article, says nothing was showing out of the usual....isn't it possible it was a military practice of some kind. There has been talk of drones and their use on the public.

Could it have been drone practice? Do they make a lot of noise in flight? Can they be controlled to fly in formation?....just a few questions.

I would love for disclosure to be made in regards to ET's just as much as anyone else that feels they exist...but in this reality, we need to look for logical explanations until the truth is told without letting it effect our other thoughts and beliefs.

Could be drones, but why?
Not only why would they be there, but why have the lighting to show their position?
Doesn't add up.
If it were military, and it was (it is) tied to the Dugway issue, they would not be advertising their position.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I agree. Sometimes I feel the light shows are communicating like close encounters movie. WOuld be nice if a signal was within all the sitings and they are waiting for a or some humans to crack the code.

Thanks aswell for your input.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lostsock

Keep looking up you never know what you may see!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dutchalien
Dont have any idea what this could be besides black ops thing or genuine ufo

Genuine indeed my friend seems the hide and seek game is almost over!!!!!
Thanks

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by macman

I agree. Sometimes I feel the light shows are communicating like close encounters movie. WOuld be nice if a signal was within all the sitings and they are waiting for a or some humans to crack the code.

Thanks aswell for your input.

Just because the human eye does not pickup on light pulses, does not mean that they don't exist.

Has anyone ever tried to view one of these sightings frame by frame with some sort of digital media?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
So far all the replies are interesting. I will stay with the thread as best I can. Feel free to add as you wish.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If youve ever watched iraq/afghan combat vids, the while light looks similar to the type of flare infantry will request planes to drop overhead to brighten up an area at night (likely when they're taking contact). Only one is usually dropped, it falls slow and burns for a while... and it's really bright.

The red lights, I have no idea. Though they certainly weren't behaving like airplanes.

Edit: i just watched the original video instead of the news one.. they dont look like those flares anymore, as the ones i was referring to dont flicker like that. it could just be some crafty kids using RC toys with fireworks and some release on it
i really dont know
edit on 31-1-2011 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
Flares light up a large area, that is what they are for. But these little lights do not do that. It is either ET, UFO or some Black Ops. What is strange is that the same thing was caught on video twice on opposite side of the planet. Here is a plane shooting off flares in the day time, they have a trail and go sideways.

Is this the video link you're talking about?

I haven't seen the video in the OP but they do look like flares just 'being cropped' from an 'aircraft.'

Some studies need to be done at night, not for secrecy but for the requirements.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The objected dropped from the red light appears, to me, to be a flare. I said right off I have no clue what the red lights are, they could indeed be choppers. i live near the largest military training ground in north America and chopper flyovers are a daily occurrence, you can't always hear them my friends.

And for the record, the flares coming off a c130 are countermeasures intended to confuse and evade heat seeking missiles. I'm talking about training flares used to mark areas, light up the battlefield. They look nothing alike. The "phoenix lights" that were totally 100% a UFO, until the military admitted it was night training with flares, are a PERFECT example.

From far enough away, under the right conditions, you won't see the smoke trail, you'll only see the glowing "org" that appears to go bright and dark, growing and shrinking, moving ghostly through the skies.
edit on 31-1-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.

Could be drones, but why?
Not only why would they be there, but why have the lighting to show their position?
Doesn't add up.
If it were military, and it was (it is) tied to the Dugway issue, they would not be advertising their position.

If they are drones linked to a military practice of some kind, the lighting would be necessary in order to make them visible to other planes that may enter that airspace. Wouldn't want any accidents, right?

as to the why? Only the military knows for sure...and it's not for us to even suspect they do things like that...

As I said in my first sentence, I am not attempting to debunk anything...I just posted a possibility, period.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Nope, they were over restricted air space.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Nope, they were over restricted air space.

So, you are saying that the American Fork area of Utah is restricted air space? Sorry, must have missed that in the article someplace...

edit on 31-1-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Nope, the area it was over was Dugway. If in American Fork, all you have to do is look west/northwest and that is Dugway. Flight path for SLC Air Port in maybe center of American Fork if not slightly East.
Where the guy filmed it is the Best Buy in American Fork, just East side of I15.

I have yet to see military drones set up to advertise their position via lights like that. Why 4 drones in close proximity like that? If it were testing of the drones, then they would be further west over the Dugway/UTTR area, so as to be out of sight of the public.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

According to a news broadcast, the eyewitnesses say these were not flares.

Witness 1--Military guy says these were not flares. Flares either shoot out the side or there are more than one.

Witness 2--says husband used to be involved with manufacturing flares and he said these were not flares.

Both witnesses do not believe in extraterrestrials. Not to mention these craft were practically stationary, i.e. hovering.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Don't flares, like the ones in your video, usually have a trail of smoke behind them? Could that be seen at night?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I spent part of my childhood near American Fork in another small town area. We saw military aircraft over that direction constantly between Hill Air Force Base flying over that way and Dougway. I had a Cousin at Dougway and an Uncle at Hill.

I wonder, could those be Drones testing Countermeasures to evade missiles? Just a thought? You know to evade heat seeking SAM's.

Anyway, thanks for the post and it's nice to see a genuine UFO video that is not a childish prank. Flag for that. We see so few anymore even worth looking at.

I'd think military though. It's hardly odd they would be in that area. Of course it's been over 40 years since I lived in that area. I assume that is still an area used by the military and the National Guard. Great Rock Hunting area too by the way. Used to see those silver weather balloons quite often in that area also as a kid.

Where I saw a UFO up close when I was young was about 12 miles from there. This is a link to the thread where I relate that and other things. It's impossible to know with things if they are military or Alien in origin, but considering the area that was seen in, likely it has a very earthly explanation and the military is being mute. Who knows?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I have yet to see military drones set up to advertise their position via lights like that. Why 4 drones in close proximity like that? If it were testing of the drones, then they would be further west over the Dugway/UTTR area, so as to be out of sight of the public.

Sometimes though, that might be the best way to avoid attention.

I noticed there have been stories in the news lately that lots of people outside the military are wanting to use Drones for other reasons and are trying to get them approved for other uses.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Are the Golden Knights out there in Utah?

Edit to add OP video

edit on 31-1-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

What I would give to see an Uhfo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join