It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello From TheSearchforSpork, and "Notes on the Apocalype" which I humbly submit.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Hi all ATS members, it's good to be here. I've been lurking for about a year, and figured it's time to stick my head out and say HI.

My background: I'm a college prof in media, an artist, and worked for years in the media biz in numerous large cities in the US. I've also worked with media activists, Sonic Outlaws, scientists and academics regarding 'consensus reality' and its manipulation by the powers that be. In other words - conspiracy! As a mid-level media professional I became pretty well educated in the ways of advertising, media and propaganda I used to fear I was becoming Leni Reifenstal!

That said, I'm also deeply interested in UFO/Alien subjects. Having seen UFOs three times, met numerous others with their stories, I've been assisting a filmmaker who is interviewing insiders who are privy to exotic extraterrestrial technologies.

Ultimately, those two subjects lead to metaphysics, spirituality and the drive toward transcendence and my interest in the esoteric, Buddhism, Taoism, and other maps of consciousness and being.

Besides teaching and making art, I write on art, culture, media and 'the meta' (which means anything like UFOs spirituality, the 'unproven', etc)

Feel free to drop me a line on ATS!

Now, Here is my latest short paper:

Notes on the Apocalypse - or Why the Future will be a Psychic Nudist Colony.

"And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed."

"For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."
"And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat."
"And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons."

- Genesis

“For the first time in all of human history mankind is politically awakened – that’s a total new reality – it has not been so for most of human history. The whole world has become politically awakened,..consciously aware of global inequities, inequalities, lack of respect, exploitation. Mankind is now politically awakened and stirring...making it a much more difficult context for any major power, including currently the leading world power, the United States.”

-Zbigniew Brzezinski, Address to the Council on Foreign Relations, 2010
“The technetronic era involves the gradual appearance of a more controlled society. Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen and maintain up-to-date complete files containing even the most personal information about the citizen. These files will be subject to instantaneous retrieval by the authorities.”

Zbigniew Brzezinski, "Between Two Ages: America’s Role in the Technetronic Era"

The Book of Revelation, also known as the Apocalypse of John or simply the Apocalypse comes from Koine Greek apokalupsis, meaning "unveiling" or "revelation", which is the first word of the book.

- Wikipedia Entry for "Book of Revelation"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forbidden knowledge has historically had many reasons to be forbidden - be it for monopolizing power, for fear of its use in the hands of the unstable, for fear of revolution, social unrest, madness. In the past, secret societies, religious sects, cults, occult groups, masonic orders and others have kept "forbidden knowledge", not to be revealed, except to the initiated.

These groups, whether intelligently sober or off the deep end had one thing in common: this forbidden information could only be dispensed to the 'worthy'. This worthiness was usually meted out after a training period, often in the form of a lengthy and arduous series of initiations that sometimes, if not often exceeded the difficulty of current military training or the rigor of induction into classified government positions.

The rationale for such filtering of initiates was very practical and can be applied to our military and classified sectors as well:
1. To ensure that the candidate is capable of keeping a secret
2. To ensure that the candidate is wise and intelligent enough- and will not be 'driven mad' by the information
3. To ensure the candidate's devotion to the organization that keeps the secret and use to his/her own ends
4. To ensure that the candidate is strong/stable enough not to be swayed or coerced by outside agencies

These groups can be divided by their goals, into two poles - Those who wish to have the power to themselves for personal advantage, and those who wish to protect humanity from chaos (i.e. disruptive technologies, black swan events, abuse of power, self-destruction)

For brevity, I will refer to these two groups as the 'Black Hats' and the 'White Hats' respectively, with a tip of the hat to researcher Bill Ryan.

As the exponentially growing speed and availability of mass communication through the internet has progressed, we have come to see that what was once kept secret is leaking out through all the crevices. Be it whistleblowers, silenced academics, mystics, shamen, political, corporate or military insiders, publishers of forbidden documents, we are seeing the 'second bite into the Tree of Knowledge' -in other words, "the revealing".

If one examines the behavior of the population in general, not to mention those of whom are in positions of modest corporate, military or political power, we are seeing a world of "uninitiated who have learned the forbidden knowledge" - and collectively, are being driven mad by these revelations. For the Forbidden Knowledge, as it turns out, is very, very troubling. We now see a world where new revelations, theories and disclosures happen daily. Additionally the mechanizations behind the scenes of our corporations, government and militaries are quickly unveiled almost as fast as their actions occur.

The Keepers of the Forbidden Knowledge of course did not want this out - for good reasons and bad, and unable to stem the flow, resorted to flooding the channels with disinformation: essentially fictions and semi-fictions to 'dilute' the pool and obscure the truth.

Although fairly successful, this remedy did not attend to the madness of the uninitiated masses. In fact, it made it worse. Additionally it was not a sure-fire soluion; sooner or later the truth would be sifted out from the red herrings.

Unfortunately, this 'enhanced madness' may be worse than the revelations themselves - driven mad by insane speculations and conspiracy theories, the population is prone to imagining false truths even more dangerous to the powers that be than the already crumbling reality. The world is becoming a collective schizophrenic.
Desperate for control over the chaos, the White Hats and the Black Hats have the same plan: Total Surveillance and Control. We are already watching the installation of this system. From monitoring of all monetary transactions, ownership, social connections, hobbies, entertainment and literature selection, medical history, employment to our DNA, naked body scans, GPS positioning, Xray trucks, remote fingerprint/facial/gestural monitoring, we are being stripped naked.
Additionally we are being propagandized toward consumption and simple entertainment, anti-intellectualism, and a 'don't worry about tomorrow' worldview. We are being made into childlike innocents. Simple-minded, psychically naked consumers.

In essence: We are being sent back to a "New Eden", to wander naked, contentedly in an illusory arcadia of entertainments and consumerism. Only this one is not run by Jehovah. It's run by our Elite.
Why are they doing this? If you put yourselves into their position, you might do the same. Let's walk in their shoes for a moment:

The White Hats are terrified. The corruption of the present and the hidden atrocities of the past are making the population jaded and resentful. Of everyone. To the White Hats, this will mean chaos, death, starvation and anarchic war. They've seen information democratized, and they've seen entire industries destroyed by democratization, such as music, soon video, books, and so on. Scientific and industrial processes are trickling down and lowering in price-point at a rate that suggests soon anyone can have power to destroy the world. The facts of the potential for global catastrophe are coming out as well, and a population that sees its own demise, yet is divided and chaotic, will surely perish. The White Hats are the ones that kept the secrets not for themselves, but for us. The system worked, more or less, despite the inequities. Things would get better with time and a little obscuring of the nasty underbelly. Unfortunately, things have changed the game irreversibly.

The Black Hats are terrified. Their systems of dominance are threatened. They had plans to manage all the
dangers and use them to their benefit as a shadow society that essentially 'farmed humanity' for immense power and profit. They think the population is simply a commodity to be used to their advantage. Humanity as a whole is a lower life form to them. They must wrest the power back by any means necessary.

Both groups see no other recourse. For good, or evil, this appears to be the logical outcome. The Book of Revelation bites its Genesis Tail and we may enter a perverse Eden where we will one day forget about the past. Our keepers will eventually reap the harvest of biotech and evolve to godlike status while we graze on our entertainment, consumer goods and gossip. Scientific and technological advances will be property of our keepers and be revealed or doled out only if deemed to be advantageous to the keepers and not 'screw up the Garden'.

In other words, Huxley may have been a prophet, but unfortunately he was unwittingly writing an instruction manual, kept in the 'In case of emergency break glass' unit on the walls of the Powers that Be.

This New Eden will represent the end of History - as so many religions and postmodern theorists have predicted. This new society of total control and surveillance will essentially end self-determination. And what is history but a long tale of self-determination? There still will be 'free will' - but within constraints that render free will inconsequential in this New Eden.

If I were a Christian, I'd say that Satan is finally going to get what he wanted in the first place!

edit on 1/31/2011 by TheSearchforSpork because: The subject did not completely fill out (checking if there's a max word count)

edit on 1/31/2011 by TheSearchforSpork because: Found out there IS a max word count, edited Subject to fit

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSearchforSpork

Great to meet you dude, I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here even though you'll meet folk who think you're thick for entertaining the thought that there's more to life than was acknowledged in whatever year the text book they're quoting from was printed.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Hey, at least they're reading!!

join