It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Area 51 Documentary Promises Revelations.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
the one cool thing about this topic on NG is, positive or negative spin, it still serves as 'conditioning'.
which I finid quite attractive andm a positive.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I believe it will be a rehash of all the other documentaries we have seen.. National Geographic isn't going to tell us anything we don't already know..But I'm looking forward to watching the show it should be interesting ..

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

I read the original post incorrectly. I see now there are two different specials, one dealing with space alien nonsense.

I will consider this special good if it doesn't mention space aliens, flying saucers, or Bob Lazer. OK, no talk about J-Rod either.

I have a hard time thinking which Area 51 special was the worst, but the one with Bob Grove (from Grove Enterprises) is probably the one that smells the most. You may recall that they think they have the camo dudes on the radio, when we all know the dudes use DES on a trunk system. Then they go to the back gate and stay behind a post that they think is the border. It's well known you can go right up to the gate. Chuck Clark was in that special. You would have thought the producers would have consulted him about such stuff.

Nobody knows the Groom Lake border like Chuck Clark. He spent months on a project where he took a GPS reading of every orange marker. At each marker, he took four photos: north, east, west, and south. He was going to make a DVD of this. Unfortunately the JTTF raid and subsequent legal issues made him decide not to annoy the powers that be.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
we are always talking about Area 51 but, where are and what are they doing in all the previous 50 Areas and the other ones from Area 52 and on

never heard someone talking about that.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MacSkywalker

Actually there are a few threads talking about the other areas preceeding Area 51. The other areas reside in the Nevada Test Site and some of the areas were used for nuclear testing. Area 52 is the Tonopah Test Range.
Areas of the NTS
the NTS

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
I believe it will be a rehash of all the other documentaries we have seen.. National Geographic isn't going to tell us anything we don't already know..

Totally agree. What I find interesting, is that ever since Bob Lazar spilled the beans, we now are suddenly privy to all manner of inside photo's and history of the base from people who worked there. Now why would the unprecedented clearance be given, to give all these in- depth television interviews? Just decided it was time to brag about one of our biggest top secret bases?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
To be honest I don't expect anything majorly substantial, but I will still probably find it entertaining.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
If the History Channel can "pull" The Ufo Hunters during the middle of its 3rd season for getting to close, do you really think that NG will provide any new information that is not already freely available?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The important thing is that these new documentaries approach the subject of Area 51 from a historical perspective. They present documented facts along with interviews of people who actually worked at Groom Lake. All of the previous television programs either concentrated on the UFO mythology and wild claims of people like Bob Lazar, or tried to balance both sides. It's a mistake to portray the issue as one of belief vs. skepticism. It's simply a matter of historical fact.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
New Area 51 Documentary Promises Revelations

hope so but I think the this title would be more accurate...

New Area 51 Documentary Promises Disinformation

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Part 2

Part 3

edit on 23-5-2011 by Version100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
don't hold your breath folks, i was just as excited as most of you to see what NatGeo would pull out, particularly because i SIT on natgeo.

like most of you have considered, it's literally a rehash of information with a few "unknown" tidbits about their secret spy planes/underground explosions around the 50's as told by the completely misinformed ex-employees. obviously all of their information was compartmentalized, so to even see them talking about it is pretty trivial.

they didn't even get past the 50's. DECLASSIFIED? more like "here's 3 scraps of useless information nobody cared about since the cold war."

if it makes you all feel any better, 2 out of the very few employees interviewed (i'm pretty sure it was 3 overall) stated that after an hour of retelling the same basic story, they only revealed "about 5% of the whole story." why even have them on if they're just going to say that they can't say anything about it?

natgeo handled 9/11 research like toddlers with quantum mechanics, and this is even LESS in depth. definitely disappointing.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This is the best Area 51 documentary to date. It marks the first time that the subject has been handled as straightforward history, without all the wild conspiracy theories and UFO mythology.

I would have liked it better if they had added a second hour to take the narrative through the stealth development projects, foreign aircraft exploitation programs, and unmanned vehicles tested during the years after Project OXCART. Even so, it was an outstanding effort.

Perhaps we will see a more fleshed out story when Nat Geo airs "The Truth Behind Area 51." I am not sure if it is on the schedule for later this year or sometime next year.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I watched this last night. It was a really good documentary, it had zero to do with aliens and it was all about the secret spy plane projects that predated the SR-71. The most interesting part is the amount of people working on some of these projects and the fact that those projects stayed secret. They did hold a few carrots over my head at the end by saying "I have only told you 5% of the story" and "I have not told you everything that happened..."

I highly recommend this documentary to people interested in the UFO genre and the secret base genre. This show is based on FACT and substantiated with documentation and testimony from high ranking officials such as a former CIA director. Maybe the next NATGEO Area 51 documentary will cover the alien stories.

On a side note, after watching this documentary I could see how flying saucers may actually be a government project that is highly classified. Maybe one day the government will roll out a disc onto the runway for CNN to film just like they did with the stealth bomber. Keep in mind, the SR-71 has been retired for a while now. I wonder what they have in production today?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I really enjoyed watching it. It was basically a bio of the early-days when they were working on the U2 and later OXCART

What I really liked about it was the candidness in which the personnel (former) and pilots didn't even think twice about admitting that they were part of a cover-up/disinfo apparatus concerning the base.

My favorite line was at the end when one of those guys said something along the lines of "and I've only talked about probably 5% of what stuff happened out there"

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I really enjoyed this documentary especially being able to hear the accounts of project OXCART from the pilots and guys that were there and lived it. Man I could only imagine how awesome it was working on such a project in such a time as the cold war. I didn't know the titanium they used was from Russia...I wonder how they got it out.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I've just finished watching the documentary but I feel as if we have been led to believe that Area 51 is JUST a normal military installation and nothing more. I'm by no means suggesting that it isn't 'normal' but what confused me is the denial-like feeling I got throughout the documentary. It was as if all these ex-workers were going to discuss was man-made aircraft and nothing more. I also didn't quite understand why we weren't subjected to more current Area 51 information and other areas within the base i.e in regards to Unidentified Flying Objects or aliens and so on. Something tells me if there were any kind of UFO or alien projects happening they would definitely have been moved to somewhere else...But where?

The documentary also ignored the strange stories and events that made Area 51 the most talked about military base in the world today - it was kind of awkward viewing in a way - I think it goes to show just how secret these black projects are, even when they are supposedly 'declassified'.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
In a "clandestine" way Area 51 IS just an ordinary base. They just happen to test secret/stolen tech there.

Many believers of the fringe-tech that is supposedly going on out there believe that it occurs at a separate area in the complex known as S-4. This is a series of underground bunkers/hangers which exist in a hollowed-out mountain somewhere near the southern end of the lake-bed, away from the main base.

It's been awhile which I've researched this so hopefully some others can shed more light on this. (without all the Bob Lazar anecdotes)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I really enjoyed these videos
They tell the real truth about a base in NV not doing much
I really like the slack clean up operation up there, It proves that the Roswell cleanup was Balls also:

Great Vid

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join