It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sightings spawn COMETA report, fear of world crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Normally, I might have passed this article over because I'm a fence sitter when it comes to aliens. And believe that those few sightings which fall into the unexplainable category can be attributed to black budget programs that are much further advanced than we think they are.

But considering recent world events, there are some statements in this article I find quite interesting, and seem to be well woven into the article so as to stir the imagination.

Confirmed UFO sightings over Cairo and the port city of Suez in Egypt early Saturday morning comes at a time when the United Nations is reviewing the French government produced COMETA Report that states “about five percent of UFO sightings defy conventional explanation” and often occur at a time of world crisis; while, also stating that UFOs “constitute a real phenomenon warranting immediate international attention.”

So we have the middle east in an uproar, "confirmed" ufo sightings, and the UN pouring over the french COMETA report all at the same time. Anyone else find this odd?

Foreign exchange students at Eugene’s Lane Community College told local media today that while there’s a news blackout in Egypt. But, there’s also reports of UFOs. Moreover, there have been BBC and other international media confirmations; news of lights and UFO sightings in skies over this ancient land.

That's Eugene, Oregon by the way. And if the BBC and others are confirming this, where's the footage and/or interviews? Is the writer of this article insinuating the media blackout was about more than political upheaval?

At the same time, members of the United Nations scientific committee are said to be reviewing proposals for the United Nations to set-up a UFO task force that will coordinate any direct contact with aliens. Moreover, it’s believed that the United Nations would serve as the center communications with alien civilizations. With that in mind, sources say COMETA is being reviewed because UFO and alien contact “would impact world security.”

Now this part is old news, right? Or is it? It WAS a UFO czar. Now it's a taskforce too? And the UN is going to be the voice of the world to the "aliens"? Somehow, I'm not comforted by that notion.

“An ancient civilization exists in Egypt, and it’s always been known as a center for UFO sightings and UFO history,”

Thorpe points to the recent tour of Egyptian King Tut and the “Golden Age of the Pharaohs Exhibition” that recently ended a long U.S. tour.

What the Tut exhibit does not detail is many of the artifacts include unusual graphics that point to UFO craft, alien life and out-of-this -world points of view that are expressed in these personal items of King Tut.

The report says there’s proof that UFO civilizations have roots here on Earth and, thus, a vested interest in Earth and its people.

UFO sightings

So by tieing politics, history, recent world events, and UFO's together in one article. What do you think the writer is trying to convey here?

And what about this last conjectural? statement in the COMETA report. Strange days indeed folks.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Interesting, but how reliable is www.huliq.com...

BBC confirming this? Can't see any conformation...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
have you seen my thread about a possible UFO in Cairo i managed to record while watching Aljazeera?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe this is what your source is on about?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

Exactly. Which is why I ask the following question:

And if the BBC and others are confirming this, where's the footage and/or interviews?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664
Interesting, but how reliable is www.huliq.com...

BBC confirming this? Can't see any conformation...

I've never heard of huliq.com but if you look at the article it says 'submitted by Dave Masko'. A site that accepts publically submitted articles is going to be different compared to main stream news sites such as the BBC in terms of reliability.

The article seems to me to be an opinion piece, linking recent (non UFO) events such as Egypt to the Cometa reports of the 1970s.

If you google Dave Masko you will find that he writes for the examiner too and there is this profile:

Dave Masko is an Air Force veteran who's filed stories from Washington, D.C., the Middle East, the Balkans and Europe. These days, he's a freelance writer based in Florence, Oregon. Masko's articles have appeared in European Stars and Stripes, The Washington Post, Rolling Stone and other publications. From 1977-1999 he was a reporter for the Defense Department. He's worked with the likes of Walter Cronkite, Colin Powell and Bob Hope. Reach him at [email protected].

www.examiner.com...

If you look at his other articles you will see that they are all opinion pieces that seem to just comment on recent events, not any kind of journalistic investigation. I'm not saying this guy is untrustworthy in an way, just that it's opinion, not reporting of news events.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

I did indeed. And that's one reason I found this story interesting. Thanks for posting the info on him. A great addtion.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The Cometa Report was published in 1999. It's worthwhile, of course, but somewhat dated for the UN to be reviewing it now.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Agreed. I'd like to know how he knows this. And where I can get some confirmation of it. I'm still looking for anything that confirms or denies parts or all of this guy's article.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think I might just be in a pedantic mood tonight but I can't help drawing attention to the fact that quite a few sentences in the article don't make any sense. Such as:

"The COMETA Report photo is proof that UFOs exist because after 40 years nobody can prove it’s not a UFO.

-There is no finish to the inverted commas here.

'In addition, a British government document titled “How to Report a UFO Sighting,” in the Freedom of Information Section of the British Ministry of Defense (MoD) website.'

-That just doesn't make sense.

'Foreign exchange students at Eugene’s Lane Community College told local media today that while there’s a news blackout in Egypt. But, there’s also reports of UFOs.'

-That phrase doesn't make sense either.

Now you could call me a grammar nazi but is it possible that these non-sensical statements in the article are actually intentional, in order to disguise the fact that there are no substantiated facts in the article. Either way it's quite badly written and that usually is enough for me to question credibility.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

I think the main thing that caught my attention were the statements made, however bad they are, how he connected them, and the fact that we're not dealing with an amateur here. This guy has been around the block a few times. And around the world too. So his pedigree isn't bad. Which to me, says his statements deserve a look see, even if they turn out to be propaganda.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
That's what's so great about this site. It's so black, during normal daylight hours, that you almost feel giddy when trying to read the material presented. I gather that the UN wants to be (self?) appointed to serve as diplomats b/w alien encounter and human race? Yeah, right. The 'authorities'.

Mubarek...looks similar to bono. Perhaps bono should use Mubarek as a double? Oh wait, bono looks like the SPAWN of Mubarek, that's it. Maybe it's a government thing, faces of bono...? Is that what this thread is about?

edit on 31-1-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

Interesting obversation. Mubarek and Bono do resemble each other.

Who knows, maybe the UN isn't self appointed. No other governments are saying they aren't the official first contact. At least, that I know of.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Well, one thing we do know about bono is that he wants to adopt the chinese model for policing the free internet.

Does Mubarek also want to police the internet?

Who can say, unless you're an Egyptian, fearful of typing what's on your mind...online? This internet police state is how obama intends to 'win tomorrow', btw. One thing about this day and age. All the fish in the barrel are of the same fin and feather.

With all the turmoil, it's hard to believe the 'ufos' are genuine extraterrestrials. I guess now would be a good time to roll them out, to quell the proles.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

Well, one thing we do know about bono is that he wants to adopt the chinese model for policing the free internet.

I'm not surprised at anything Bono says or does any more.

Does Mubarek also want to police the internet?

I think he already is, considering they shut it down during the uprising.

Who can say, unless you're an Egyptian, fearful of typing what's on your mind...online? This internet police state is how obama intends to 'win tomorrow', btw. One thing about this day and age. All the fish in the barrel are of the same fin and feather.

I'm sure we will wind up adopting bandwidth limits just as Canada did. Or will we just have internet ID's instead. Or both.

With all the turmoil, it's hard to believe the 'ufos' are genuine extraterrestrials. I guess now would be a good time to roll them out, to quell the proles.

Seems like they are rolling them out. At least gradually, and until the it's time for the "big revelation".

new topics

top topics

join