It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

29 States Under Winter Storm Threat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone

I live up north and apparently getting the bulk of it ughhhhh. I guess I better stock up, don't know what to do if power goes out to keep warm o.0

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Here in northwest Illinois we're expecting around 20 inches.I'm not looking forward to it at all, especially since I'll probably still be expected to show up at work
My front-wheel drive car isn't going to be moving much this week I think.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

Hopefully its not that bad. Ours was really bad because we had a hurricane(seriously) hit the area a a month or two before the ice storm, and a lot of damaged trees and stuff made things worse.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm in NW AR and we're expecting 1/2 - 3/4 in of ice, we've been here before though.

Ice storms are a nasty occurence, a few yr ago we were out of power for over a week. i learned from that, i now have a generator and plenty of gas plus groceries and such.

I urge anyone affected by this to take it serious and take necessary precautions.
Better to be safe than sorry, i'm not fear mongering or anything.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I am in Southwestern PA and we are supposed to mostly be impacted by ice. Wouldn't you know it, I am on the overnight shift tonight and tomorrow night. I am kinda hoping it starts early enough that I won't be able to get to work. My luck though? I will be stuck there all night tonight and most of the day tomorrow. We are supposed to get around a half an inch or more of ice.

Good luck to all of those in the path of this thing. Stay safe, stay warm, and STAY INSIDE. Don't wanna come back here when the power goes back on to hear of some of our members missing or no longer with us. Take care of yourselves.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I live in Southwest Missouri and we were just put under a blizzard warning. They are also saying it could be the worst snow storm here since 1912.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Remember to run your generators outside in a well ventilated area folks, it's a shame that even has to be said. If the heat goes out keep your faucets trickleing so the pipes don't freeze. Layer up. Keep the beers in the snow to keep it cold, just don't do what the squirrels do and forget where you buried them!!! And if you have a gas hot water heater with no electricity cuddle in the bathroom for heat, turn the shower on keep the door closed and you can keep the temp comfortable in one room at least, albeit steamy!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by amadeus30

Very well. I thought maybe you were leading up to some kind conspiracy thing! LoL

Yes, it is quite a huge storm. I got my boots and my uniforms ready...the next 36 hours or so will be very busy for me. Between my fire department, my EMS job and my volunteer status with the local Emergency Management Agency I am gonna be lucky to see my bed for a couple days.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by amadeus30

From what I have heard from main stream sources today, they have been reporting on it...........

Quite extensively.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I live in Minnesota this kind of weather is normal for us..the snow blower is always on red alert

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

My apologies. I misread your post.

Bundle up folks! Winter just got a little more fierce.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
They are saying anywhere from 10-20 inches in northeast oklahoma, with ice before the snow.

I went to the grocery store tonight right as everyone else was getting off work. I have never seen anything like it.....I had to park nearly 2 blocks away. There was little to no produce, bread, lunch meat, or soup, and the checkout lines stretched all the way to back of the store.

It really hit home that if stuff really did hit the fan food would be gone in an instant

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Eesh... stay safe peeps.

At least there is forewarning and time to get prepared.

edit on 31-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
It just started here, lots of thunder and lightening but it isn't raining, it is sleeting like crazy. Never a good sign!!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
NE PA...we got about 6-8 inches of snow already...no signs of it letting up. Went out and did the initial shovel, cleaned off the truck and had to run out for new wiper blades. Luckily the Auto Zone and supermarket are a mile or less away.

Surprisingly, no fire or ems calls yet.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Northwest Illinois, still not much coming down =( Just enough to make people drive stupid(er)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join