It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Believe In A Theology....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Oh I know you said Theology... and I put "religion" like that, it was on purpose.

But yeah cool... I just knew it was a sales pitch that's all.

Have fun anyway man.

I'm good with my belief system thanks...
edit on 31/1/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

If it wasn't, then it would be a fact that I couldn't deny. It's still irrelevant because it's a hypothetical proposition and cannot be proven. I'm not worried about how I would feel if it was true. What matters the most is whether it is true or not.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
It's not a religion. It's a theology.

Theology is the study of religion.

And if it's not a religion, what's the difference between theology and religion?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

And if it's not a religion, what's the difference between theology and religion?

That's what I was trying to say but in a much more subtle way..... unlike me I know.

But exactly... it is, I think the OP is confused slightly.

I'm more philosophical.... most questions can be mulled over that way and much more so than involving creators and zombies and other such things.

I like the eastern philosophies ya know... Taoism being a fav, but as you said BH... why do we need a guide or set of rules or laws or principles to live our lives by, we have it already and without the need for religion.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

What I feel is important is that a new avenue needs to be opened, so that the brilliant minds of our world can walk down it and see what there is to discover. We've all been walking down one of two basic paths and fighting with each other over which is the right path, with some of us trying to veer off into the underbrush to start our own paths to try and mate them up somehow. This examination stops, goes all the way back and examines what created these separate paths in the first place, and by bringing everything we've established as wisdom and fact together, discovers a very different unified path that has always been far off to the side of both paths.

Thank you. The fact is, no path is the wrong path, but my path may not be right for you, and so on down the line. My life path was partly destined, partly guided, partly ordered, and partly my own choosing. It's like I crafted myself a special coat to wear, some gave me advice on it's construction, some provided the material and the thread, and buttons, some provided the color, and the wear quality, and the end result is a coat that fits me perfectly, but may not fit you, or him, or her, although it very well may fit lots of people.

All paths lead to the Center, none lead away from the Center. To tell another that they are on the wrong path is to deter your own self on your path, you may take a deter just by trying to convince another to change theirs.

I'd be interested in what you've determined to be the bottom line concerning why we exist.

That is a question theologists have been battling over for centuries. I believe that at one time, in one singularity, a vast intelligence gained an awareness, and stated
"I AM!" and by doing so became a Force. Then this Force created all that we see in the Universe. Then this Force split off to become two parts, a male, and a female, and gained an awareness of what that meant to themselves, and to each other. Then I believe they made Love. Not the reflection of love we humans experience, I mean a Pure Love so strong a human could not bear to be near it, much less look at it. In doing this, many little Spirits were born. These little Spirits went forth, and began to train themselves to create, and to govern themselves.

It has been said that Terra/Earth is a mere reflection of Heaven. I use the human word "Heaven" because there simply is no other word to describe where the Force lives, it is everywhere, permeates every living thing, even to a blade of grass. Earth/Terra is a school for Gods. Here we incarnate into human bodies, to learn how to touch, and love, and be, and mostly how to interact in a given situation we ourselves have placed there for us. When you are born, that is Kindergarten. As you are growing up, that is High School. When you grow old, and attain Wisdom, that is College. You graduate when you pass over into the Spirit World. some take many lifetimes to learn all that human life has to teach. Some move through rather fast, while others may try to cheat the system and rise up fast without the learning experience.

The end result, if all is according to plan, the Spirit graduates and becomes a God.
This new God then goes forth and creates a Universe, for True Creation is a never ending process. I may have gone on a little tangent there, but that is my take on it.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I've had that very brief description of existential genesis vetted by some extremely serious logicians before including it in the book, so I don't feel the need to battle with you about the overview's veracity.

So, that's YOUR book? You've devised this theology?

Yeah.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Oh I know you said Theology... and I put "religion" like that, it was on purpose.

But yeah cool... I just knew it was a sales pitch that's all.

Have fun anyway man.

I'm good with my belief system thanks...
edit on 31/1/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

So, what's the deal with you anyway? You glom all over the ATS Live on-air medium thread and sh*t all over the whole thing, and when you're done there you come over her to clear your little colon. Is there trouble at home? Seriously. What makes you think that what you do is even entertaining to anyone reading the posts in a thread?

Sales pitch? I started a thread with a very simple question, and I really want to know what makes people open their minds to a new notion. That's not a sales pitch. Hell, there's nothing to sell as far as the premise is concerned, and your pathetic $7.67 contribution to a monthy royalty base isn't going to make my pulse quicken, believe me.

You weren't approached or solicited. You weren't even invited to post. I even came to a Religion/Theology forum to pose the question to people who are interested (I assume) in the subject of Religion and/or Theology. I have a sales and marketing effort that is ongoing, is focused on Europe and sure as hell isn't happening here. I've gotten pretty aware of the focus of the folks who post here, and I have no illusion that anyone who posts here is actually trying to learn anything. This site is nothing BUT a sales channel for everything from radical political ideology to Eckhart Tolle navel gazing. The whole Internet knows that already.

I actually bothered to answer your questions here, even after you took a dump on the folks in that other thread, and you insult me like this. Find a reason to wake up in the morning that doesn't depend on making someone else wish you hadn't bothered.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

It's not a religion. It's a theology.

Try again, only this time use a dictionary.

the·ol·o·gy  [thee-ol-uh-jee]
–noun, plural -gies.
1. the field of study and analysis that treats of god and of God's attributes and relations to the universe; study of divine things or religious truth; divinity.
2. a particular form, system, branch, or course of this study.

A religion is a theological belief that's been taken and applied to the foundation of a system of requirements and rewards by authoritarian human beings. Theology is examination, not application. Like the difference between physics and structural engineering.

You didn't really think that a religion is a theology, did you? I mean, really. I would've done a quick dictionary check before posting that mistake.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Theology is the study of god and of religious questions and so on.

As someone else said about this topic...

"The notion that religion is a proper field, in which one might claim expertise, is one that should not go unquestioned. That clergyman presumably would not have deferred to the expertise of a claimed "fairyologist" on the exact shape and colour of fairy wings"

I think that about sums it up.

Theology may not be religion, but It's the study of religion.... and God.

It's pretty ridiculous.

as I said, a philosophical examination and exploration is a far better one.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625

If it wasn't, then it would be a fact that I couldn't deny. It's still irrelevant because it's a hypothetical proposition and cannot be proven. I'm not worried about how I would feel if it was true. What matters the most is whether it is true or not.

The truth is that it can be proven to the same degree that Einstein proved his Theory of Relativity. I'm not kidding. And can be proven much more thoroughly than...

1. String Theory
  2. Superposition
  3. The Big Bang
  4. 70% of Quantum Mechanics Theory (that it's not based on the sloppy interpretation of bits of anomalous data)
  5. Univeral Consciousness Theory

In fact, it's a lot more logically supported than the well accepted notion that "energy can be neither created nor destroyed", which is a total fallacy.

But, like I said, it doesn't matter what anyone accepts or rejects concerning the existence of God, or a god. The question I posed in this thread involved whether a theist would believe a theology that didn't impose the usual list of requirements that most other suggest is part of the god-human relationship. The question wasn't about whether God exists. You guys with the thread hijacking effort are wasting your time here. Go pester some other thread that's focused on the question of whether God exists or not.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Dude....you're being a complete *sshole over something that you don't even understand.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Sounds almost exactly like several of the mystic teachings which many follow today.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon

Sounds almost exactly like several of the mystic teachings which many follow today.

There's nothing to follow. No teaching to learn. You don't really need to know anything about it, since it just explains what's going on whether you know about it, believe it to be true, or ignore it completely. The thing about reality is that it just is, and doesn't care what you think about it.

One thing is for sure about this AutoGenesisism is that there's nothing mystical about it. Nothing holy and nothing enlightened about someone who fully understands everything about it. The difference between a person who knows everything about AutoGenesisism and a person who doesn't is the difference between a person who knows how the software on a computer operating system works and a person who sees Windows as impenetrable and a complete mystery. Makes no difference until something glitches and the system either needs a reboot or a complete reinstallation. The person who knows the basic system will be in a lot better position to determine the situation and how to deal with it.

When everything suddenly changes - like when the death transition occurs - it'll make just as big a difference for the person who's educated in what really exists and what the human being's part in all of it is. This premise is the nuts and bolts owners manual for the human being who realizes that it's better if you know where you fit within the whole process that'll proceed with you as a part of it all regadless of how ignorant you are of what's going on around you. Believe me, faith has great PR, but that's the same thing that has a suicide bomber blowing himself into a pink fog and believing that he's going to Heaven by doing so. That means that faith isn't useful when dealing with this sort of reality thing. You need information, and you need to be able to verify it. That's where this theology comes in.
edit on 1/31/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The third and fourth detail are a little silly. Kind of a turn off for me, but I suppose as long as it was based on the scientific method and a sincere interest in truth.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

reply to post by blupblup

Dude....you're being a complete *sshole over something that you don't even understand.

Ahhh ok, I don't understand.

Got it...

Care to explain?

edit on 1/2/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marulo
The third and fourth detail are a little silly. Kind of a turn off for me, but I suppose as long as it was based on the scientific method and a sincere interest in truth.

If I'm proposing a theology, then how can details 3 and 4 be considered silly? If you are also going to take this very specific thread topic as being your chance to vent your spleen over your brilliant and enlightened refusal to believe in the existence of anything beyond what sits on your dinner plate or comes out of your ass the next morning as a result, then like I told the other trolls, don't waste my time. I already know about why people don't believe in God or Easter Bunnies or Santas, and to be honest, it's not that f*cking interesting. It's really, really old news, and it bores the living sh*t out of me. Trust me, you cant possibly have a new or engaging take on that debate topic. I know you think you probably do, but trust me, you don't.

I already had a thread last week that invited atheists and agnostics to play, and all I got were idiots who also couldn't comprehend what they read in the OP. Where the hell were you geniuses last week? All I got in that thread was navel gazers who couldn't comprehend that reality exists beyond their own wonderful and precious perceptions of it. Like little princes and princesses who's entire worlds are made especially for them. Like I said, "precious".

I would've enjoyed picking at your bleeding wounds in that thread. Where were you?

So, you don't get turned on by the notion of eternal life? Good. Then I hope to Christ that you never have to deal with it. No one wants you to exist a split second longer than you have to.

Christ! What is this, a clown car demolition derby? Last mook standing?

edit on 2/1/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
People, en mass, do not appreciate good things given to them.

Look around at our world.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soke33
People, en mass, do not appreciate good things given to them.

Look around at our world.

I guess I'm trying to understand whether that's true or if it only seems true because the only ones we ever hear from are the negative type people. It'd be sad if people only embraced a belief in God out of fear or out of the desire for someone or something to restrict and dominate them. You'd think that news that told folks that all that scary crap was a lie, and that there isn't a omnipotent being that's got a laundry list of requirements for them (with Hell dangling over them if they screw up) would be good news, but maybe people really want to be miserable?

Maybe if something seems like it doesn't have strings attached, then there has to be a trap in it somewhere? I lived in the Boston area for almost 20 years, and that sword hung over everyone's head out there. I had a bass player who bought a really nice used Mercedes coup, but kept driving his old Crown Vic while the new car sat in the driveway. I said "What the...? Why aren't you putting the new car on the road?" And he says "Geez, with my luck, the thing would get totaled or something. It's too nice for that." Poor bastard. Couldn't even believe that he could drive a good car after buying the damn thing. Some people really want a god to crush them or they just can't believe in it.

Then there are the folks who need to believe that they face inevitable oblivion and get pissed if anyone suggests otherwise. Even if they can logically prove their assertion. Like my bass player friend. That car's too good for them even after they already paid for the damn thing.

I guess I should be happy that I'm not like that and not let them get to me. Thanks for the post. This kind of polling type research can be draining. You should see the other boards with these questions. Man, what a world we live in.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Is the opposite of appreciation fear?

I don't perceive it as being fear of God, but reverence. If someone was in my house, messing it up after all of my hard work, they’d be real lucky not to be harshly ejected.

That’s the bottom line: man doesn’t own this earth, and it is not for sale. It’s on lease.

I’d say that God has been quite tolerant, but He will have to clean house one day soon, so the rest appreciating the gift of life can be more comfy. It is only right. Till then, we have to clean up after others sometimes and tolerate their habits. That is not always an easy thing to do, but it is necessary to keep the peace till Daddy gets home.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join