It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can i make my verizon phone a minute phone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
any help please...

i have a really nice lg touch screen phone, and i used to have verizon, but i have ran into some hard times, and wasn't able to pay my bill, so naturally they shut my phone off..

but i am just wondering, i have heard it can be done, is there a way to make that phone into just like a prepaid phone? or can i maybe take it to like cricket or something affordable?

i really just don't want to lose this phone, it is one of the best phones i have ever had...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

Not sure. I know you can do vice-versa, in most cases.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I'm not entirely familiar with the GSM networks over in the States but it sounds like your asking can you use a phone locked down to a specific provider on another network?

This process is generally called "unlocking", this website may help How to Unlock a Verizon LG or you could simply take your handset to a local mobile phone store who should happily do the process for a small fee.

HTH
edit on 31/1/11 by Death_Kron because: spelling

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
YES! if you can afford to go get a cheap prepaid minute phone programed if not maybe if you have a friend who has one they don't use anymore and switch out the SIM card. my husband actually did this with his iphone, we also ran into some hard times and didnt want the expense that went along with it. However If your phone doesnt have a SIM card I'm not sure how you would do it.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yes you can, i did that with mine!!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

thank you all for your responses, and i think unlocking it is what i will have to do, unless some group like boos mobile or cricket will change it for me.. there is no sim card so that won't work, it's an LG Voyager, and just an outstanding phone... i appreciate everyone here, and ATS is just like the best site ever, so much information here, and such a high intelligence level... it's wonderful to be part of this collective conscious, or would it be collective conscience... anyways, thanks everyone for your input!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
thank you all again for your help, i contacted a local cell phone repair shop, and they informed me that it can be done! appreciate all your input and thanks death_kron, that is basically what the repair guy said they will have to do

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

No problems

Glad to have helped.

top topics

join