It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Return of Elijah

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I've been checking out the 2 videos of the "UFO" sighting over the temple mount in Jerusalem. Revelation states that 2 prophets (witnesses) shall return to this planet and prophecy for about 3-1/2 years. Jewish tradition teaches that Elijah will return before the messiah comes to rule the earth.

The point is this: Elijah left in a "chariot of fire". Logic dictates that he will return in one as well. Please understand that the prophets and disciples described things as they best could understand them. A "UFO" would not be called a "UFO"; rather it would be described as closely as possible by a witness. Chariots were one of 2 forms of mechanized transportation: Boats and chariots.

The chariots of the time were ornate with shiny metal, similar to a "typical" daytime UFO sighting might be today. In much the same way, the only thing "on earth" that was known to emit light at that time was fire. So it is entirely conceivable that a UFO sighting at that time might be called a "chariot of fire".

Interestingly, the prophet Elisha actually saw Elijah rise up into the "'chariot" and the biblical terminology used by the author is a plural rendering. (ie. chariots as in "more than one") In the videos we see more than one light although only one decends to the temple mount.

So the question I pose is this: Has Elijah returned? IF he has returned, then the Anti-Christ is alive and well and possibly in some sort of limited position of power even as you read this.

I am just putting these things out there on the table for your consideration...

Have a great day!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Wait, I thought Jesus taught that John the Baptist was Elijah.

Where in the bible does it teach that Elijah would make two trips back to earth?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I'm not sure exactly where your referencing this from but if that's what was stated, then you have a very good point!

Im not going to hop on your boat just yet but i will give you a s & f !

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealAmericanPatriot
I've been checking out the 2 videos of the "UFO" sighting over the temple mount in Jerusalem. Revelation states that 2 prophets (witnesses) shall return to this planet and prophecy for about 3-1/2 years. Jewish tradition teaches that Elijah will return before the messiah comes to rule the earth.

This prophecy has already been fulfilled a long time ago.
In Matthew 17:12, Jesus said

"But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands."

John the Baptist was the one who was represented as being the return of Elijah. And he did return before Jesus....having been born 6 months ahead of him, according to scripture. Also his work of "baptism" the call to "come clean of evil deeds" preceded the work and testimony of Jesus.

In the end times we are told through scripture that one will arise who will have the characteristics of Michael the Archangel, in that he will be both a destroyer (of what is evil) and a protector (of those who are coming forth to confess the hidden evils). Revelation speaks of one who is "like" or similar in nature, to "the son of man" in that his great compassion for mankind demands that truth be told about who is causing the destruction on earth because it is not the Creator!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I know the chariot of fire must have been some sort of galactic/dimensional transportation device..as for the returning bit..

malachi 4:5 "See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.

mathew 17:10 "The disciples asked him, "Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?"
Mathew 11:12 From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence,[d] and violent people have been raiding it. 13 For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. 14 And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come. 15 Whoever has ears, let them hear.

thats what i figure.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

So the question I pose is this: Has Elijah returned? IF he has returned, then the Anti-Christ is alive and well and possibly in some sort of limited position of power even as you read this.

There is no Elijah, no anti-Christ and no ancient book that can predict the future.
Nothing to see here....

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Elija was abducted and slowly destroyed the society of the aliens and became their new ruler. Now he's at the wheel and back at Earth, but he's insane and abducting people. I like it.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
In the end times we are told through scripture that one will arise who will have the characteristics of Michael the Archangel, in that he will be both a destroyer (of what is evil) and a protector (of those who are coming forth to confess the hidden evils). Revelation speaks of one who is "like" or similar in nature, to "the son of man" in that his great compassion for mankind demands that truth be told about who is causing the destruction on earth because it is not the Creator!

What are the particular verses pertaining this? Daniel? Which verses? And which revelation verse said similar to the son of man. I thought it's gonna be Christ himself not someone else that is similar to him.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
No, the two witnesses will testify against the false doctrine, will be witnessed by the entire world (hence the witness part), will remain for months, will destroy those that attack them, and will eventually be struck down and lie dead in the street before rising up and ascending. I don't see any similarity to the video of a light descending and then shooting off in a matter of seconds.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

John the Baptist came in the "spirit" of Elijah as a partial fulfillment of prophecy. This is commonly referred to as near-far prophecy.

Scripture states that is appointed once unto a man to die. Interestingly, Elijah is never recorded as dying. Yet scripture states clearly EVERY man will die EXCEPT those who are alive at the Return of Christ in which he will rule the Earth. Enoch is not recorded in scripture as dying either. That is why many theologians believe that Enoch and Elijah will be the "2 witnesses" mentioned in Revelation. And that same passage states that the 2 witnesses will be murdered by the antichrist; thus, every man (except those alive at the return of Christ) dies as scripture declares.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

My point is this: If the writer's of old described what they saw with the best explanation of the day (chariots of fire), is it possible that we may identify an "angel of light" as a UFO? Really, it does give one pause...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RealAmericanPatriot

Hey, new footage is available on www.disclose.tv. Someone just set up a link to it on ATS. This video is much, much closer to the event.

Also, since the Bible says that demons can appear as angels of light, I suppose we have to consider the possibility that this event could have originated with the enemy of God...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Also, since the Bible says that demons can appear as angels of light, I suppose we have to consider the possibility that this event could have originated with the enemy of God...

The bible also says that disease is caused by demons, the earth is flat and has corners and that the moon is just a light. I suppose we have to consider the possibility that the bible is incredibly poor source material.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

There is no Elijah, no anti-Christ and no ancient book that can predict the future.
Nothing to see here....

The Vatican has proof that your incorrect. They also have some of the best UFO proof and images and relics...

Astral

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
The Vatican has proof that your incorrect. They also have some of the best UFO proof and images and relics...

Astral

What does the Vatican have proof of that I am incorrect about?

Also, there is no such thing as "UFO proof". Someone can prove that someone else cannot identify a flying object?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Traditional I don't think your debate has any premise here. That's the nicest way I can say it partner. This thread is beyond your argument.

I'm just say'in that if you want to inquire about what the OP has offered or debate what he's saying in theory, that's all good. Arn't you being disruptive to the continuety of this fellow members thread. I mean you are only slightly off topic, but......
edit on 31-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Sounds like they're describing Julian Assange.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Traditional I don't think your debate has any premise here. That's the nicest way I can say it partner. This thread is beyond your argument.

I kind of figured that if we have people validating UFOs with the bible, I'm not likely to receive a reasonable argument here. But, you never know. Maybe it'll click with somebody...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Well you don't think you're going to drag me off into that one do you?

Seentomuch

Sounds like they're describing Julian Assange.

That's brilliant.
SnF

edit on 31-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I only saw the first video that was from a very far distance, where is the second video that is purportedly closer? I really want to see it; I felt the first one was too far to determine anything.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join