It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travel, removing the paradoxes.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
i do believe i understand your stance. Where we differ i believe is that I believe that time travel is possible, because i assume that you'd need a time travel device (UFO) that effectively shields you from space/time. you are inside a UFO/sphere of influence. you decide to press the time travel button, and instantly your UFO (with you inside) is shielded from space/time, and you enter the "inter-dimension". thus gravity, air resistance, all the laws of physics are negated, because they only apply in the dimension of space/time. you and your body do not decompose or anything because you are not moving through time, (space)time is moving around your UFO. everything is subjective.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonbeast1111
Hi,
I touched on this breifly in another thread and it was suggested it may deserve to be discussed seperately.
Time travel is often dismissed on the basis that it would create a paradox, for example one of which is the well known case of travelling back in time and killing your parents or meeting yourself.
My argument is that we can avoid these paradoxical enigmas by viewing things in a slightly different way. In this version of time travel, the subject himself remains in a fixed point in space and time, whilst it is reality around them that travels back or forward in time.
I believe that this is entirely possible and have been involved in experimental theory regarding this on a quantum level.
Thoughts please.

I see some sort of logic in that,but not the travellin back part,

So your subject is in a fixed point,every thing around him travels forward in time .Normally say for argument,we know time seems to travel slower in space,So say he's in space however minute,there is a differnece, But Its like suspended animation really,if you go to extremes,thats not time travel.Just difffernet rates of decay.

You might find a way to slow that in a particular atmosphere,maybe like floating round in space,say the earths magnetic core increases aomic decay for example and being in space youre away from that,(total conjecure for example)

its just decaying on earth, faster than your enviorment.you didnt travel forward in time,

I

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angrybadger

Originally posted by Moonbeast1111
Hi,
I touched on this breifly in another thread and it was suggested it may deserve to be discussed seperately.
Time travel is often dismissed on the basis that it would create a paradox, for example one of which is the well known case of travelling back in time and killing your parents or meeting yourself.
My argument is that we can avoid these paradoxical enigmas by viewing things in a slightly different way. In this version of time travel, the subject himself remains in a fixed point in space and time, whilst it is reality around them that travels back or forward in time.
I believe that this is entirely possible and have been involved in experimental theory regarding this on a quantum level.
Thoughts please.

I see some sort of logic in that,but not the travellin back part,

So your subject is in a fixed point,every thing around him travels forward in time .Normally say for argument,we know time seems to travel slower in space,So say he's in space however minute,there is a differnece, But Its like suspended animation really,if you go to extremes,thats not time travel.Just difffernet rates of decay.

You might find a way to slow that in a particular atmosphere,maybe like floating round in space,say the earths magnetic core increases aomic decay for example and being in space youre away from that,(total conjecure for example)

its just decaying on earth, faster than your enviorment.you didnt travel forward in time,

I

not meaning to pick apart your argument, i don't think we disagree much...but i wanted to know what makes you think time goes by slower in space? the earth is in space...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

if that was possible space time would move forward while your in suspended animation.you definately cant go back,But i agree you possibly can slow your perception of time even.your atomic univeres decays slower,and enter into a universe or area where it continued to decay at normal rate.This may look like you travelled forward in time.but its different rates of decay or energy burnoff,

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

if that was possible space time would move forward while your in suspended animation.you definately cant go back,But i agree you possibly can slow your perception of time even.your atomic univeres decays slower,and enter into a universe or area where it continued to decay at normal rate.This may look like you travelled forward in time.but its different rates of decay or energy burnoff,

if "that" were possible then you are in no way inside of space/time, you jump out of it, and then jump back into a different space/time. since there is no space time there is nothing to decay...

i still don't think i grasp your point of how time slows down in space..is there any evidence of this besides opinions?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

pick it apart all you want,I welcome the new outlooks.helps me think outside the box.But youre right,time dosent slow down in space,I was going from memory,I apoligise, My memory dosent behave sometimes,So I googled it,

time travels slower or seems to,at the speed of light.it dosent take away from my point The idea is the same.,

you cant go back,sure you can stall or increase your perception of time,or seem to delay the decay of atoms,comparible to the same atoms elsewhere,, its all relative baby. There is no going back in time.

this is a fascinating subject.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

pick it apart all you want,I welcome the new outlooks.helps me think outside the box.But youre right,time dosent slow down in space,I was going from memory,I apoligise, My memory dosent behave sometimes,So I googled it,

time travels slower or seems to,at the speed of light.it dosent take away from my point The idea is the same.,

you cant go back,sure you can stall or increase your perception of time,or seem to delay the decay of atoms,comparible to the same atoms elsewhere,, its all relative baby. There is no going back in time.

this is a fascinating subject.

i don't mean to pick it apart i'm just compariing two different theories, yours and mine. you keep saying you're definitely sure you can't go back in time, but you don't know why...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
i know you probably heard this one a million times but there is a story out there that says a guy from 2036 travels back in time and begins blogging on websites like this one about how time travel works.you all know the John Titor legend right?he describes time travel as being completely free of paradoxes through the ability of traveling to an alternate universe while going backwards or forwards through time.so if you go back in time and kill your grand father,you dont secs to exist but rather you secs to exist in another universe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join