It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt protesters call strike, 'million man march' -live updates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Egypt protesters call strike, 'million man march'

www.rnw.nl

Egyptian protesters on Monday called for an indefinite general strike and a "million man march" on Tuesday in Cairo, upping the stakes in their bid to topple President Hosni Mubarak's creaking regime.
"It was decided overnight that there will be a million man march on Tuesday," Eid Mohammed, one of the protesters and organisers, told AFP.
"We have also decided to begin an open-ended general strike," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 1/31/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Things in Egypt seem to be warming up still. It has kind of gone a bitl silent though. That is not very suprising with the internet cut, al jeezera jounralists just arrested, al jeezera in english taken off in america and international censorship including china.
This is appears is the revolution the world does not want to happen.
Tuesday looks like the next big day and I hope it will be the final day of protest and the first day of celebration. We can live in hope...
I will keep this threa updated with events. Information will still get out.....

kx

www.rnw.nl
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Funny how President Mubarak thinks he can trick the people by announcing a new Government.

Egypt president announces new government

He thinks that by replacing his puppets, people will fall for it. They're far too awake for that.

But protesters immediately rejected the move as an attempt by Mubarak, Egypt's authoritarian ruler of nearly 30 years, to cling to power.

He even named famous Illuminati puppet Zahi Hawass as his state minister for antiquities!

Mubarak's biggest problem is that he thinks his citizens are stupid. The million man (if not more) march will go ahead, and prove him wrong.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
news snippets......last few hours....

I believe this is a revolutionary moment but not quite a revolution. Tomorrow's "million man march" could be tipping point.

The army is protecting police stations that haven't bn burnt dn. Traffic police stay close 2 army personnel 4 protection

US citizens tell me: "I pay taxes to support this @#$(%? This is an outrage. We must stop writing cheques now

Mood on Alexandria streets more determined than ever, now calling for #Mubarak execution not just his ouster

The fear tactics being used to scare people from leaving their homes is only encouraging more ppl to join the protests

Residents say 1 returning police came back w/same arrogant attitude and THEY arrested HIM + turned him over to army.

Talking to protesters, they say they want one thing from the US... to stop supporting Mubarak and support their movement

Talking to opposition parties, not a single one, Muslim Brotherhood included, said they could rule the country alone

kx

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
last few hours....

SECURITY FORCES HAVE STARTED HELPING POLICE BY SETTING UP BARRIERS AROUND TAHRIR SQUARED

Protesters in Tahrir Square downtown Cairo have already rejected the new government sworn in today

Don't trust the rumors or the news, trust our brothers and sisters in Egypt fighting for our freedom

Some neighborhood watches have taken the role of traffic police, regulating traffic, checking for licenses etc

Al Jazeera: 120,000 protesters take to the streets in Mansoura demanding Mubarak steps down (pop 420,000, 120 km NE of Cairo)

120.000 ألف متظاهر فى المنصورة الآن 120.000 in Al-Mansoura city now

Breaking Al Arabiya: Egyptian Army says it will not shoot at civilians. (strong green-light to protesters tomorrow)

Almost 250.000 protester in El-Tahrir Square now

URGENT: My sources tell me that the Air Force is 100% behind Mubarak. Army REFUSED orders...

edit on 31-1-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Look what happens when you make tony blair a middle east peace envoy.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Egyptians today, need to be very careful that the revolution they have won isn’t hijacked. People power has forced Egyptians elite to flee, and we understand that the elite are usually the real masters, not the puppet.
Egyptians president planned to have his family rule Egypt, not like the pharaohs but like the Syrians, Libyans etc. etc.

He was twisting and manipulating the country to line the pockets of himself and his friends while the regular 14-21yr old male was unemployed, unable to afford education and becoming desperate.

But, just like the Iranians did, they’ve forced the leader into hiding and inevitably to flee, so then what?

The military? Some rebel leader? Someone sympathetic to the west?

The Muslim brotherhood have already put their names behind it, but what other religious sect is pulling some strings and organising some retribution?

Egypt was the birthplace of western hatred in the Koran, or at least the few whom perceive it to mean western hatred.

If a man with a dark patch on his forehead becomes the unofficial spokesman, Egypt will have been lost, like Iran was during its revolution.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1daeec88287f.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 1-2-2011 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
it has just been announced that the number of people has reached one million and maybe more , and that's only Cairo , other report says that there are quarter of a million in almansourah city.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Last hour...

tahrir at 2m, Mansoura 250k. Alexandria 400k, Suez 250k, banha to cairo is 30k strong!big hug

A priest and an imam stand, hands together, aloft, as the crowd chants "WE ARE AS ONE HAND"

Mubarak must leave to avoid bloodshed" "We are already discussing the post-Mubarak era

Organizers already reported they are past one million in Cairo.

Reports soldiers taking big guns off their vehicles, say they have orders to avoid confrontation

This could be a bad sign for Mubarak: he's no longer President of Egypt on Foursquare

People in Tahrir managing litter, keeping it cleaner than the government ever could

With dramatically less traffic, most factories shut down, the air over Cairo has been clear and crisp

Tiny pro-Mubarak demo on Corniche near State TV. Today there will be attempt to counter the Tahrir protest

kx

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Breaking

protestors stop a car loaded with machine guns from entering the area of al tahrir.

woow some one wants to turn things around against the protestors.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
just in...

5 MILLION people demonstrating in different Egyptian cities, chanting down with Mubarak

Alexandria youth 'protecting library from looters

Mood in Alexandria is determined frustration almost resignation to drawn out struggle to get Mubarak out

Protesters make human chain around Army check points to keep them safe

Just met man says he wants Mubarak to continue, shud only go when ready,says others same but afraid to speak out

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Seems to me like TPTB have a serious dilemma on their hands. If this thing keeps going the way it's going...it's going to spread like wildfire; not only through the middle east...but maybe, the entire planet. I said to myself....when this event 1st took place....if it goes longer than 3 days...there could be SERIOUS problems. And now, it doesn't seem like it's easing up. It surely doesn't make things better, now that the money has left the country. IMO...i don't see how the elite are going to put this fire out! Hopefully, there isn't that 1 event, to REALLY set people off. All of these protests are a result of 1 man lighting himself on fire, in protest of the police confiscating his merchandise. Imagine if something else were to happen and it gets caught on film and broadcast throughout the rest of the world??? WW3 would be the people vs. the governments of the world....until the aliens show up; or, project blue beam.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Close sources to #Mubarak state that he will announce his resignation during his speech tonight

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Just thought I would post this picture up.
Tahrir square, 25th of January 2012, Egypt revolution 2.0

new topics

top topics

join