It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Big Thing, Just a Coronal Hole in our Sun.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It's an area of cooling, which makes it darker in those areas.. there's no "hole" in the corona. We're still waiting for Solar Cycle 24 to start, and if it doesn't we face the very real possibility of a mini ice age, or worse.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zappafan1

Wondering if the magnitude of the vortex relates to the GOD of Creation, insofar as a great command of universal physics, magnifiable to an extent where the passage in Revelation 6:12 ....
...."I watched as He opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goats hair. The whole moon turned blood red", describes what happens when turning up the dimmer.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
What do you think it is trying to spell out ???

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by paulmac

I think if anything it spells out very clearly, that we rather need to put aside our stupidities, our pride and xenophobia as a species, and get to work on developing technologies that can save the world from even a catastrophic solar event. Im talking about getting ALL the worlds boffins together, and solving the issues of how you stabilise, and strengthen the magnetospheric protection that we on Earth enjoy, and perhaps develop new technologies which would allow us to actualy HARNESS the huge amounts of energy given off by solar storms, CME, and coronal holes like this one, rather than having our electrical power grids crap themselves in fear every time theres a sizeable event on the sun.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Doesn't look good

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by podnus
reply to post by zappafan1

Wondering if the magnitude of the vortex relates to the GOD of Creation, insofar as a great command of universal physics, magnifiable to an extent where the passage in Revelation 6:12 ....
...."I watched as He opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goats hair. The whole moon turned blood red", describes what happens when turning up the dimmer.

REPLY: There have been much larger vortexes, so I wouldn't go that far. I do believe that God has created the universe, but he now just waits for things to happen as they will. There's a few scientists who, though not admitting to a creator directly, said the following (paraphrased): if a proton weighed just two tenths of one percent more than they do, they would fly away, and there would be no atoms..... and nothing else, either.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join