It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Big Thing, Just a Coronal Hole in our Sun.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Could something like this cause an ELE , I'm not very knowledgeable on solar activity.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
sorry I could not resist,

it looks like a forming stargate and an alien armada is coming through, we have seen the scout ships now the main fleet is arriving.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
So, should we stock up on SPF 1,000,000 or what? It appears as though the sun is finally starting to wake back up.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

i think you've been staring at too many clouds and are just trying to find pattern to chaos.

There's not a "Big worm" in the sun.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

no your perfectly safe, no need to start digging a hole to live in, there have been much bigger cme's than this

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'd prefer it if this thing just wipes humanity off the face of the Earth.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

It kind of looks like the lower section of the North American Plate. Kind of like the shape of the land wrapping around the Gulf of Mexico.

The emphasis is in the Louisiana area - so perhaps some major seismic activity is due in that area very soon?

edit on 31-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: pic

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkN

Originally posted by Vandalour
Okay.. when I look at this, I see this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/118540a6cded.jpg[/atsimg]

I know it's a crazy reach but if you look at the "shadows" and the curves.. it really lines up

Perhaps the UFO´s seen near the sun planted a seed inside the sun.. and now its grown up to this ??

omg.....ALIEN SUN BABY

That would make a good twilight zone episode.It kind of looks like a baby shark.When it hatches it with eat the earth.Cool pic.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I knewit its birthing a giant space sturgeon!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
lol:

edit on 31-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Maybe the big C is the second coming of Christ.

Or maybe it is just a random anomoly.

Cool pic though, thanks for uploading

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I believe that solar activity is somewhat linked to seismic activity on earth.
Way to often has a big solar flare directed towards earth resultet in big seismic activity on earth a few days later for it to be mere coincidence.
I didn't quiet catch if there was any big activity linked to this coronal hole tho, or if it was, if it was directed towards earth at all?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
All i can say is Really? ninety something flags for a pic of the sun doing something it does regularly? Sure it's a nice pic... but really?

Either I'm just way out of touch or the collective iq here has been dropping as of late. I suppose either is possible.

I predicted a court action appx. year in advance = 1 flag.
Pic of the sun doing what it does = priceless

no offense to the OP
edit on 31-1-2011 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2011 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Good find S&F

We are going to die!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I gotta get my aerial up now...AND FAST!

My crystal set should start getting some amazing bounces if this is like past magnetic storms from years ago!

I'm not too well versed on this stuff.

Would this be anything like the Solar Maximus from a few years back?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

That would birth a giant cosmic solar dragon giant capable of eating other planets?

A.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Just so everyone is aware..... no this will most likely not lead to our deaths, however solar super storms are far more common in history than most are aware of. The last giant storm hit sep 4, 1859. northern lights were seen as far south as Hawaii and cuba and left our technological infrastructure destroyed..... it was only telegraphs but you get the idea........ Believe me it will happen again and the way our society operates this day in age it would be devastating to say the least.... when it happens(not saying anytime soon) all of us ATSers and the rest of the world will be back in the stone age

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is interesting, I just hope its not as bad as the one in 2003 that took out the power grid in Canada. That wouldn't be good if the power went out for a week or 2.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
SOLAR ATTACKS

That's funny... just as I was clicking on your post, in the background I was listening to the documentary "2012: Science or Supersition?" and at the exact same time a scientist was talking about coronal ejections from the sun.

They were saying that "unprecedented activity on the sun and increasing natural disasters on earth, have led some scientists to predict an ominious climax in or around the year 2012."

"Author Lawrence Josepsh forged an understanding of the scientific data and the perils we may be facing."

Joseph says:

"Solar storms will be climaxing in 2012 and the global satellite system is therefore at risk. Let's examine what the global satellite system means to us" telecommunications, funds transfered, military, climate..everything about these things uses a satellite and they're not hardened sufficiently against solar output. Moreover, I found out our miltary installations have been hogged off on commercial satellites which are not hardened. So these satellites are open to solar attack. When the sun has storms, it shoots out billion ton blasts of protons and radiation. Most of it goes off in other directions, but a certain percentage of it will hit the earth. It's just the law of averages. It usally takes two or three days for these coronal mass ejections to hit the earth, but we've been finding something strange.... In January 2005 there was one that made it in 30 minutes... Unless Einstein was mistaken, if that thing cut down its travel time and made it in 22 minutes or 8 minutes or the speed of light..we'd be completely obliterated...."

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
You guys and gals have it all wrong!!!! The lines on the C shaped image are none of those! The sun is simply saying, "I'm gumby dambit!"

Or maybe I should go back to my corner

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
I thought that this was a cool photo and wanted to share it with ATS.
spaceweather.com...

The photo displays solar wind that is spewing from a dark C-shaped hole which has opened up in the sun's atmosphere.
This photo is from NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory and was taken on Jan. 31, 2011.
We should be having magnetic storms in early February, around the 2nd to the 4th.

ooohhh, I just noticed this.
12 more flags and I go Silver!
woohoo

edit on 31-1-2011 by Violater1 because: going silver

Ummm corect me if I am wrong but didnt this happen every other 11 years like since the begining of time...so um, Relevance Please? Solar Maxim every other 11 years.....for billions of years...what point are you trying to make?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join