It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Cairo 30th Jan?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Some people seem to know right away what it is somehow. No way it is gunfire or a tracer, that would be the biggest bullet I have ever seen. And a bug? Come on, lets not outsmart our common sense

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Very interesting mate, seems the middle eastern conflicts are attracting our exterterrestrial friends. UFOs being spotted in Israel, Egypt, Tunisia and more. Could it be our alien friends are trying to see whats going on and why?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by roguesoul

The radical islamic militant groups have numerous ground to air, man operated or remote detonated RPG launchers/ 100-200 milli rockets. They were almost a nightly occurance in Bagdad for years. Its not a tracer from the US stock pile by the shape of the nose (round almost blunt nose),a single small arms tracer would almost go unnoticed will all those lights. Bug..seriously ..I woould love to see a speeding bug with that kind of pyro tail ...most organic lights are luminous light green that color is burning hot yellow/ white. I'm suprised that there wasnt a recorded explosion are the sighting. Its hard to get an acccurate perspective on its size..but doubt is a bug or a single small arms round.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

WOW !! These little buggers are everywhere right in the middle of everything. Even people that don't believe in ufos are starting to be concerned.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
That's not a tracer round. I know alot of people think bullets travel fast, and they do. But not this fast. Even if it was a tracer round it's so big it would've come from a 120mm tank gun.

For referance, this is what tracer rounds look like. (and sound like, for that matter)

www.youtube.com...
edit on 31-1-2011 by horre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Just to clarify something. When some kind of object that is traveling across the sky is not known, by definition it IS a UFO as it has not been identified.

A UFO is not necessarily a space ship, it can be anything in our skies that is unidentified. So the statement "that is not a UFO" does not make any sense.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Looked like an RPG being shot towards an aircraft to me. Since it was dark, I can't get a good feel for whether the trajectory is right or not, but it has all the look of some sort of rocket being shot at an aircraft. Whether it was an RPG or some other sort of rocket is indeterminable to me. Altitude and trajectory constraints would be the determining factor in just what sort of rocket it was.

I know there have been 2 jets on orbit around Cairo, The technique has been used successfully against helicopters, in that general area (Middle East/Africa), but not RPGs against jets that I know of. It would be pretty ballsy one would think to try to rocket one down. A miss (which this appears to have been) could bring fire and brimstone to an alley near you in the immediate future. On the other hand, One of my lessons lo those many years ago was in how to bring down aircraft with concentrated small arms fire, so I reckon someone could be nuts enough to try it and get away with it - especially since the Egyptian military has been watching but not doing.

Lack of an explosion doesn't mean anything. RPG's don't explode unless they hit something point-first, and disturbingly often they don't explode even then.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Tracer fire. I've seen similar bursts documented by Anderson Cooper on CNN. Then again Anderson Cooper recently called Jesse Ventura's "Conspiracy Theory" show "A joke", so...

Too big for tracers, even .50 cal tracers. additionally, tracers run in packs, like wolves, not singly. That's what makes them look like a line of fire. Tracer-ball-ball-tracer-ball-ball-tracer - that leaves a "streak" of tracers, with regular ball ammo in between the lights.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Exactly what I was gonna say.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

That would be correct if it crossed the entire screen, its clearly coming from up over the horizon however. It does not pass over the buildings but behind them.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I took this photo while I was in Egypt at the end of November 2010. I didn't notice the "object" until after the end of the day when I was going through my photos.
I don't believe this was the same day as your video.

But the object doesn't appear to be a plane to me

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Having been a machine gunner, I think I can offer an informed opinion: I don't think it was a tracer round, in fact, I'd bank on it not being a tracer round. US and NATO tracer rounds are an orange-ish red. The Egyptians were good customers of the Soviets at one time and use many of their small arms, such as the AK-47 and probably the AK-74, most likely 12.7mm heavy machine guns, and 20 & 30mm anti-aircraft guns. Soviet/Soviet Block tracers are all green, if I'm not mistaken (which I could be). Whatever "it" was, traveled way too fast to be a tracer. I can't even guess at how many tracer rounds I've put downrange, from a variety of weapons, and I have never seen a tracer move that fast, ever. In fact, I thought it was trippy as hell that tracers appeared to move so slowly @ 2700-3000fps.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Whatever it is its moving really fast. Too fast from ET/Military UFO TBH, So im gonna go crazy in sheer madness for natural phenomena or tracer.

Interesting video S+F

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

It looked like a shooting star to me. But, I guess depending on how close it was to the camera it could be a tracer but I'm not to sure.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I noticed that on TV..Pretty sure it is gunfire..

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

Why couldn't it be a bug?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by roguesoul
OK EVERYONE VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!

WATCH THE VIDEO AGAIN AND KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE STREET LIGHTS JUST TO THE RIGHT OF THE LOWER LIT UP SIGN BOARD!!!!

WTF!

Holy Crap!! What the hell was that!!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Dont think its an RPG, they dont tend to fly in a striaght line, and give off a lot of smoke

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Ok, can someone please debunk the small orb on the left? What is it? I'm much more fascinated by that, than the thing in the sky. Anyone?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Dayum that was fast! Like semper said; too fast to be a flare. I guess we can rule out a bug/insect. They don't just come from behind buildings and start sporting large torches now right?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join