It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton convenes mass meeting of US ambassadors

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

Great post. Thanks for the info.

I originally thought the meeting was last week too but it is definetely going on this week. They having a few school like lessons and then Clinton is going to address them all, I think on Thursday.

The information you brought up is a little disturbing for me. Of course this is the official meetings , I'm sure there is plenty of classified meetings happening.

People will be very dissappointed that the word 'UFO' or 'pole shift' hasn't been brought up in the press releases but I'm sure someone like S.F. will be along to telll people the real story

What caught my attention the most was;

"WHAT IS CIVILIAN POWER?

Civilian power is the combined force of civilian personnel across government and civil society.

It is the power of diplomats in 271 missions around the world, development professionals in more than 100 nations, and experts from other U.S. government agencies working together to advance America’s core interests in the world. "

Head in hands. This seems to be clarifying my fears. Its all about Americas control of the world. When you dress it up in nice words and a positive apprach world domination doesn't seem too bad. BUt to me thats what it looks like.

The other thing i take from this is that they do all this by having so many people working for the government , right down to your ordinary joe the civil servant. Thats your civilan power. Right there. They are actually admitting this upfront.Saing it straight out. A person having their wages paid by the government is not going to cause any trouble. Maybe the plan is to eventually have everyone working for the government. Its beginning to look like that. For this to work they need to collapse the ecnomies a couple of times more so everyone is broke. Even in the UK now they have launched 'The Big Society'

This looks like a clear and present danger from 'big government'

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

I originally thought the meeting was last week too but it is definetely going on this week. They having a few school like lessons and then Clinton is going to address them all, I think on Thursday.

No that was all last week QDDR - Ambassadors Meet Up

Folks,
All you have to do is go to the website and check out the main speeches by USAID on QDDR

www.usaid.gov...

To wrap ones head about USAID check out the Home Page and go from there

Check out State Department Home page.... go on be a devil, I dares ya lol

www.state.gov...

State Department schedule for Tuesday 8 Feb 2011

www.state.gov...

Hillary Clinton Schedule for Monday 7 Feb 2011

www.state.gov...

And the daily press briefing for Monday 7 Feb 2011

www.state.gov...

Public Schedule for February 3, 2011, Wednesday (last week)

12:30 p.m. Secretary Clinton hosts a luncheon with Vice President Biden for the Global Chiefs of Mission Conference, at the Department of State

4:30 p.m. Secretary Clinton participates in a Town Hall Meeting for the Global Chiefs of Mission Conference, at the Department of State (Ambassadors Meet Up - QDDR)

Lots of different meetings not related inbetween those two time stamps, before and after

www.state.gov...

Hillarys Speech - Remarks at the Global Chiefs of Mission Conference Luncheon (which is QDDR)

www.state.gov...

Snippets:

Chiefs of Mission from every corner of the world who may not ever get a chance to meet each other or exchange ideas are here today for the gathering that we have been looking forward to.

We’ve wanted to do this for some time. We figured early February would be quiet, not much going on. (Laughter.) What better time to pull you from your posts and responsibilities.

whether your mission is large or small, whether you’re a political appointee or a career diplomat, you are all on the front lines of America’s engagement with a fast-changing world. And that’s why we think this conference is so important.

It goes without saying – but I will say it anyway – that this is a critical time for America’s global leadership. We have spent two years renewing our alliances, forging new partnerships, and elevating diplomacy and development alongside defense as pillars of American foreign policy and national security.

Now, as we look to the next two years, it is time to build on that progress and deliver results – results that are expected from ourselves and certainly from the Congress and the American public.

We’re going to be looking to see how we can advance America’s interests and values on security, on climate change, on boosting exports and rebalancing the global economy on all of our core priorities.

But I will hasten to say we face a very difficult budget climate and we face an increasingly complex, no easy answers if there ever were any, diplomatic and development environment.

From the theft of confidential cables to 21st century protest movements to development breakthroughs that have the potential to change millions of lives, we are all in uncharted territory, and that requires us to be more nimble, more innovative, and more accountable than ever before.

That is why we launched the first ever Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review, the so-called QDDR.

Now, many of you participated in this process and you contributed valuable suggestions and ideas, your staffs were deeply involved, and we consulted not only thousands of people within State and USAID directly and indirectly, but also hundreds of experts outside government.

And the result is a sweeping report that we hope will fundamentally change the way we do business.

She goes on to explain why the QDDR was formed in this way for one big meet up (as early as 2009)

Then she goes on to say:

Now, the QDDR covers a wide range of reforms, including a reorganization here in Washington, that will encourage us to be more cross-cutting and results-oriented and, frankly, significantly expand our capacity to prevent and respond to crises and conflicts.

You’ll also hear from Ambassador Melanne Verveer about how we are attempting to integrate women into everything we do. That is not just a pet project of mine.

That is rooted in decades of evidence about women being partners and participants in peacemaking, in economic opportunity, in participatory governance, and it’s something that we want to really understand how better to promote.

We are also making it easy to pursue new public-private partnerships.

Her speech is long, way too long to cut and paste in here, go on folks be devils actually READ IT

Ofcourse I expect many of you not only to further ignore the information but also further sprout theoretical nonesense so far removed from the actual discussions that took place last week

What caught my attention the most was;

"WHAT IS CIVILIAN POWER?

Civilian power is the combined force of civilian personnel across government and civil society.

It is the power of diplomats in 271 missions around the world, development professionals in more than 100 nations, and experts from other U.S. government agencies working together to advance America’s core interests in the world. "

Head in hands. This seems to be clarifying my fears. Its all about Americas control of the world. When you dress it up in nice words and a positive apprach world domination doesn't seem too bad. BUt to me thats what it looks like.

Nothing new there, Thats what the USA does though, always has

Actually thats how other governments operate aswell in their OWN countries, they work side by side with Public and Private

The other thing i take from this is that they do all this by having so many people working for the government , right down to your ordinary joe the civil servant. Thats your civilan power. Right there. They are actually admitting this upfront.Saing it straight out. A person having their wages paid by the government is not going to cause any trouble. Maybe the plan is to eventually have everyone working for the government.

Its never been a secret though lol

No, its about private and public partnership overseas linking up and working together for US interests, fine tuning, better management and organisation for the 21st Century

Public and Private Partnerships (NGO, Corporations, Aid Agencies/Charities etc, Governments all working together)
edit on 8-2-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I researched this one and found it was about QDDR (www.usaid.gov...) which is a whole bunch of supposed civilian empowerment programs they want to get going on.Now why call on all the worlds ambassadors for that one ? Sounds rather fishy to me.Also why are we not seeing any news other than the AP and one short article on CBS about this one ?
Something just isnt right here and we of course will be the last to know.Thanks for posting this one .

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

( I also noticed Clinton speaking over the weekend and thought her facial movements were a little odd. I was wondering if she had been ill. Her left eye seems much larger /more open than her right. Hadn't noticed this before?

She looks just as ugly and evil as she always has to me.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Think. What scenarios would they need to do this and the Republicans say nothing?

It isn't WikiLeaks or Egypt (the ambassador to Brussels doesn't need to come back to DC).

It isn't that she's quitting to run for President.

What specifically would necessitate in-person discussions?

My scenario: the NSA just discovered a truly massive and profound global communications infiltration. Only feasible suspects are national intelligence services of Russia or China. All electronic channels are compromised, and they're giving the information and the plan to fix.

A communications disruption can mean only one thing: invasion! James Tiberius Kirk

edit on 10-2-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This whole mess just seems wrong when it come to timing and various other reasons. Maybe i am just one of those nuts who question everything, but as i follow links and try to find substantial information on this meeting of minds i get a lot of political rubbish, details, man i need real details not all this double speak and other nonsense.

Questions.

1 Are the Ambassadors still here in the meetings??

2 Are these meetings top level only type meetings, or are they mostly open to reporters and such??

3 Do we have to rely solely on the websites to tell us what they supposedly talked about, or is there eye witnesses??

Could this be a simple meeting of the minds? It's possible, but my feelings on that are simple, when oh when has such an historic like event taken place that was handled normally and in full disclosure by any government?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
President Obama will hold a news conference at 11 a.m. ET. Watch live on Fox News and FoxNews.com

More headlines from FoxNews.com:
email.foxnews.com...:468A89A67F89DDC0F03DCE5518BAC2C2&

President Obama will hold a news conference at 11 a.m. ET. Watch live on Fox News and FoxNews.com

something to do with this?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkLuitzen

nope just budget news, rallying the troops to figure out how else to screw the little guy

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkLuitzen

nope just budget news, rallying the troops to figure out how else to screw the little guy

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join