It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton convenes mass meeting of US ambassadors

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Nothing special. We just have more diplomats than before. Things are changing. the US is repositioning itself. I remember a video game that did this once. It's becoming a reality:

edit on 1-2-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

With the state of technology in video conferencing available to these folks, there appears no compelling reason for face-to-face contact.

ever heard of recordings? it is super easy to record a video conference without the participants even being aware. i work for a bank and they set up listening device detectors when they have board meetings and if they are discussing anything extremely important WILL NOT use video conferencing due to the amount of people that are involved in the setup between systems.. ..... there is always someone that can and will watch these things

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I hope the world does not change much, I like my condo in Miami, my apartment in Colombia and my 2 cars (one of them a Hummer H1) and my bike a Ducati 1098r...dont get me wrong I wish better for the people of the world but unfortunately the world is not fair and never has been. I honestly do not see an opening for a Startrek next Gen version where we all embrase each other and work towards the common good...just dont see it on the horizon in my lifetime and I am only 32... : )

ATS is a perfect example, if we cannot get along without insulting each other here do you really think politicians around the world will...not to mention Muslims and Christians or etc...add whomever here...

I am going to spend what time I have enjoying life and stop complaining about it...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

no no, its a Clinton fundraiser...she wants to know how much each country are going to donate for her bid for president in 2012...or how many woman Bill has tagged around the world and the possible wikileaks impact regarding illegitimate children running around with overactive libidoes...(Bill and I share a common interest, love for woman)...!!!

Think about it the child support alone would bankrupt them...

j/k

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
With technology as good as it is these days (there at least as I see it) unusual for her to call them all together.(wonder if they used econo class when traveling)

I would think it must be big and they don't want wikileaks getting their hands on the info.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
My question is this.

If Clinton really is trying to gather donations to run again,

Why would the American People select a quitter? Someone who was running and then dropped out of the race? Was she forced to drop out of the race?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
reply to post by hp1229

People also blink because their eyes are dry or irritated or they haven't had enough sleep, or have had eye surgeries, or their allergies are bad.

To suggest that blinking is a sure indicator of lying is just ignorant.
edit on 31-1-2011 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

Well...blinking during a political speech generally indicates the conflict between their thought process and the garbage thats coming out of their mouth. Anyway. Thankyou for your compliments.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by pirhanna

Try looking at her facial movement. It's ignorant to suggest that's ignorant if you've never taken a basic psychology course. If you have, you can surely see the signs

edit on 31-1-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

Apodictic, I can see piranha (his/her) viewpoints based on his profile that he/she is a photographer. Obviously thats his/her justification i guess. Oh well. I guess we all have our opinion(s). Besides, I didnt feel that I was ignorant

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

Yes, she actually hung on longer than her party would have liked. She was still campaigning after her husband (Pres. Bill) had already endorsed Obama. So no, she is not a quitter, LOL!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
What is the crap about Hillary lying?
Don't you all know, she is always lying. She is a politician you know (and a high up American one at that).
I feel like you people are telling me the grass is green.

hahaha...true...however lyeing in general vs lyeing her ugly a$$ off at times like this does nothing more than worry some of us

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Is the American government sticking their nose in Egypt's business.

America is using the protests as an excuse to be there...bottom line.

Since when has America cared about protesters??

Excuses excuses.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I have no idea how this thread turned into
a physical assessment of Hilary's body
language but if you folks want to go
that route I guess that's up to the folks
who want to pursue it.

However, I just had another thought
which has not been mentioned yet
and wanted to add to my previous
theories from page 2.

This may have some connection to
the recent lockdown of several chemical
testing bases in the US.

If there has been chemical agents stolen
from the US Army as has been leaked,
then there may exist an international
threat of their implementation world wide.
Maybe Hilary is alerting ALL Embassies
to be on the lookout for a possible attack
since it was also leaked that the people who
stole these chemicals had anti-US Government
ideologies.

Hilary cannot use SIPRNET to relay this
info on the chems as SIPRNET has been
compromised as far as being a secure
networking system.

That would be worth the dollars spent on
getting them all together under one roof.

just a thought

edit on 1/31/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

What about using secure SAT phones? and sing the critical message as a song?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar22
Here are my thoughts on this...
the answer is z: all of the above

World powers are tumbling
Global economics are crumbling
UFO's are being seen everywhere
US citizens are becoming more and more restless
Weather patters are CRAZY
Yellowstone is awakening
Officials being "murdered"
Chem testing facilities on lock down

Wouldn't this be the perfect time to decide the game plan?
Where to go...
Who to talk to/who to fight...
Who's in charge...
etc etc

Doesn't really matter if there's a main reason in my book... it's ALL urgent!!

True. There are more lists of unusual activities that we come across everyday from around the world. Are we really not acting upto the 2012 prophecy? Lately i have been listening to talk radio(s) and i have been hearing commercials about freeze dried food that can last upto a year or so. I do know the food crisis will definitely come into play due to the whacky weather. The effect will not be felt until the commodities hit the market where the merchants inflate the price based on the supply(most of the times atleast). This definitely will add more fuel to the fire to the countries with bad political and economic situation (egypt, greece, tunisia, etc etc). Definitely push comes to shove, all one needs is a whacky group in the absence of a majority government in a country that can spark things off into conflicts. Perhaps there are more countries to go the greece, egypt, tunisia route before we really start to see the sparks fly and this is just a FYI meeting for the ambassadors ? Perhaps a crash course on what to do when the kaakaa hits the fan in their own respective countries where the embassy is located?
edit on 1-2-2011 by hp1229 because: stupid typos

edit on 1-2-2011 by hp1229 because: stupid typos

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
There is a lot to think about with all the responses. Many things I had not considered.

Thanks for the input.

Regards Clintons appearance I was no bothered about her body language. Just thought her left eye looked odd and thought it was a sign of illness. Someone mentioned they had seen this in family members with thyroid probs.

Don't know whats going on but we are still only in the middle of this worldwide sh*tstorm. Clinton maybe has an idea of whats coming and has to warn her folks around the world.
I do believe we may be about to witness something big and will probably see it play out over the rest of this year. Watching the Egypt protesters this afternoon, the numbers and the sight of it was biblical. So many countries are in turmoil. Many more are on the edge.

I wonder is it time to wheel out a 'Saviour' for planet earth?

(I noticed someone mentioned Ambassadors are free intellligent American citizens. I wouldn't agree. From the wikileaks dislcosures I would class them all as intelligence agents and very good ones at that.)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLV12
reply to post by 00nunya00

I think that's a bit extreme.
There's nothing really to suggest sh** will hit the fan in Australia, Germany etc. So why bring those ambassadors home?

A worldwide banking/financial collapse wouldn't affect Australia and Germany? It would affect every single country, and may leave even the most stable and affluent of countries in a very precarious state. Even if not, the ability to catch a plane home could be severely affected by a monetary collapse, regardless of how affected your host country is. Connections have to be made, airspace has to be safe, etc.

Remember the report of embassies being told to stockpile local currency? Seems a good plan to provide for the needs of the lower-level staff that might be left behind in the host countries until we can get them home or the situation calms down.

A financial collapse on the order of another global depression is VERY possible right now. We're just not paying too much attention anymore because there's so many other "interesting" things happening around the world. Recession is the new norm. Add in these droughts, famines, revolutions, etc, and you've got a recipe for financial collapse. I think if anyone knows it's about to happen, it's those pulling the strings.

When you don't speak gazelle, all you can do is watch and wait for the gazelles to run. Then you know danger is near. It's kind of looking to me like the gazelles are starting to run.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm going to go one further than Boondock and politely request that all discussions about Hilary Clinton [being a liar/ lying more than usual / having a yet-undiagnosed thyroid condition] please, jump ship from this thread, and head on over here, to my all-singin, all-dancing thread... Hilary Clinton is a liar! As are most politicians...

Cheers.

I agree with several commentators in this thread, that there is quite possibly 'something in the other hand'. What is not being said? What are we supposed to be distracted from noticing? Never trust a politician.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Great thread. Hope we hear more about it. Are there any other stories about it on the net?

If it was any other president I think I'd be shocked. But Obama loves to blow our money so much it wouldn't surprise me that they'd fly an entire worlds worth of ambassadors, even those with nothing to do with Egypt or Wikileaks back to the states and put them up in expensive hotels just to tell them that Wikileaks is bad and they don't really know what the # is going on in Egypt.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well one of the U.S.'s top Ambassador just resigned:

www.newsday.com...

Probably not related but newsworthy none-the-less

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
Well one of the U.S.'s top Ambassador just resigned:

www.newsday.com...

Probably not related but newsworthy none-the-less

I think it's very related perhaps a false flag of some sort or sorts to bring about Martial Law perhaps and stockpiling foreign currency for those stuck outside of the USA....maybe that's what the briefing is about and how to handle and deal with U.S. Citizens who are stuck abroad under Martial Law the borders are shut and all commercial travel is grounded or parked. could be chemical, biological, nuclear, economic, etc... and all the above.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think that it may just be as simple as rolling out a new, more secure net for their use, something that cannot be as easily accessed by a private (Manning) or other whistleblowers (Jackwagon). Given current technology the most secure method would be using bio-metrics, which would require all ambassadors that will have access to it to setup their biometric code (whether it's thumbprint or retinal) for future access, this would require them to physically be present.

I am sure they will go over a myriad of other issues too, of course, like protocols to be used if the "Internet Kill Switch" was to be implemented and what they would need to do to continue to report.

China's Ambassador resigning isn't really that nefarious though, his name has been thrown around as a potential candidate and he wouldn't be able to campaign while he was in China.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join