It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Developments - Eliza Presley's lawsuit is dismissed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Yes, I know there are multiple threads on the conspiracy of Elvis being alive, but they are old, and I ran across something new purely by accident.

Now, before I lay this out, let me just say one thing....I am not a die-hard Elvis fan. I liked him, sure, but this post does not stem from a hard core belief that he is alive. When I say I happened upon this by accident, it's true. I almost didn't read it, but I did, and it caught my attention. From there, I had to educate myself on as many angles of the "Elvis is still alive" conspiracy, because it was virtually new to me. Honestly, I never really cared before, and I really don't now....but it is interesting and worth a look. Take it or leave it, it matters not to me...I just wanted to present what I found and summarize old oddities surrounding his death. If I've left anything out, please feel free to add to it. Enjoy....here it goes....

Eliza Presley's Lawsuit Is Dismissed

January 25, 2011

Eliza Presley's paternity lawsuit, seeking a judicial determination that Vernon Elvis Presley is her biological father, has been dismissed from Chancery Court.

The lawsuit, which The Probate Lawyer Blog has covered at length, was based in part on DNA evidence that Elvis Presley is still alive and is Eliza's half-brother. Elvispresley I interviewed Eliza Presley and she is very upset about this turn of events.

According to her attorney, Kathleen Caldwell, the lawsuit was dismissed because, after it was filed in August of 2009, the jurisdiction of the Chancery Court in Memphis was legally changed (as of August 2010). The change means that paternity actions involving unmarried parents could no longer be heard in that court. This is not the first jurisdictional hurdle her case has faced. Eliza first filed suit in probate court, but she had to withdraw that case in January, 2009 due to similar jurisdictional grounds....

...The Court did not make a ruling on those grounds, or on the question of whether the defense had been properly submitted (based on whether the attorney who filed it really represented Lisa Marie Presley-Lockwood or not). The Court also did not address the merits or validity of Eliza's DNA or other evidence. So Eliza Presley did not "lose" her case; rather the Court declined to hear it.

You can read the entire article at the link above.

So that prompted me to look into a few things, and here is what I found:

And last, a movie trailer that mysteriously got axed with no explanations....

Of course, there's so much more I could put here, but I wanted to give a recap as I saw it. We could always get into nitty gritty details, since I'm sure some of those I've not read about yet. I think, mostly, I'm shocked that this was as deep as it was, since I always chalked up "he's alive" claims to being emotional wishes of his hard core fans. With the release of the latest article, it appears to me, to be a very concerted effort to keep his status unknown. Whether it is Elvis himself, or those that are profiting from him, who knows? Apparently they are powerful enough to influence the judicial system.

Share your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Wow!!! I have been to Graceland and I will tell you this. When I went my brother wanted to go. He was a big Elvis fan and would say he is alive. I.would laugh and tease him. When you get there they kind of reinforce that idea in you. They act like its a holy place and quite frankly I felt like I.was somewhere I shouldn't have been. Like in somebody's house that is not home. Then I seen this and googled jesse Presley and all this *SNIP* jusgt got wierder. Anyway cool post.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 1/31/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

I use to live 5 minutes from Graceland when I was a youth....drove by it every day, and even had friends that worked as tour guides there from time to time. I suppose that's where my "apathy" came from, because Elvis was a huge part of everything at that time....on his birthday, they'd run non-stop Elvis movie marathons, and they'd play his music all day long. Documentaries would be run on TV, and news anchors would always go down to see the crowds that would accumulate every August around his birthday. It got old....HE didn't get old, but the constant barrage every single year was a bit much. Even went down to Tupelo, MS to see the house he was born in once....a very humble house to say the least. Strange though....I never heard of the "he's alive" conspiracies until years and years later. I mean, I always heard the jokes, but never the serious side. Hmm.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I never understood this elevation to godhood of Elvis Presley. He wrote one song in his life and he was a redneck, drug abusing child molestor. That is hardly someone to look up to.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Child molester?? I've never heard of that one, unless you're talking about Priscilla being 14 when he married her. Back in 1966, that wasn't such a strange thing. Kids were more mature at younger ages than they are today, and it was not uncommon to hear of marriages happening with 13 and 14 year olds. There are numerous stories in my own family and in families of friends with young ages concerning marriage...it was not taboo back then. Marrying off a young daughter to a wealthy "king"....I mean, really, human history is chalk full of stories like this. Is it really that absurd to think we are still the same as we were thousands of years ago?

And, in order to understand how big he was back then, you'd probably had to have experienced it to really understand it. Girls wanted to be with him, and guys wanted to be like him. Frank Sinatra was the big cheese on the scene until Elvis came along. It really was a phenomenon that wasn't rivaled until Michael Jackson moonwalked his way into the spotlight.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I've never understood people who make sweeping statements without researching the truth of the matter. For whatever reason Elvis filled a lot of people's needs and although i don't understand the hero worship that is what makes it interesting to me. Why the idolatry what is the psychology behind some people's blind love for Elvis. So instead of making inflamatory hate filled remarks about someone you say has no appeal to you why not ask why you feel so negatively about him. Have you ever read a book about him before you spout off. Read last train to Memphis and let me know if you still feel the same. I have often heard people repeating the same old hate about Elvis but i notice that once a person takes the time to come to the subject open minded they are always won over by the unexplainable charm of the man. I don't think you will do that though as it's much easier to keep your opinions than to really check something out.

top topics

join