It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago UFO "Out of Phase"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It almost looks like it could have come from a video game. Does anyone find it very convenient that almost all UFO photos are blurred or hard to make out?

If I had some photoshop skills or the program itself I would play around with some filters but at the moment I can't really decide whether this is real or not.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CDN King

I played around with it for a few hours, but it just keeps looking the same. All the filters, color changes, negatives.....it never clears up. I cant get past the fact of how it looks like the lens on a cell phone camera, but the green part of the image doesnt match up, could be two reflections overlapped on the window?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
just sharpened the image a bit and I cant get much really either other than its starting to look like an aubergine/eggplant and courgettes to me

edit to add second pic

Theres also something reflected or something to the right of the green thing that looks like a duck (not saying its a duck just that it looks like a duck)

edit on 31-1-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)
edit on 31-1-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What could be causing the large glare on the top and "wing" of the object?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
There is distortion both lateral, (biased towards the left) and vertical in the picture. It should be safe enough to say that the actual object of interest has a multi image of the same thing. It actually looks like a three tier image. drawing them together, up or down, and sliding them to the right might make a clearer picture. Leaving it as it is shows nothing.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

well nothing if it was meant to be a UFO unless it was being lit from above.... I think its either some kind of double exposure or reflection involving vegetables (eggplant specifically)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Try GIMP its a free photo editing program that's pretty good and pretty easy to use

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Does anyone know where to find this on google earth?
Just wondering if someone can show me that this 'craft' may be just buildings.

Yes, I looked hard and IMO it could be buildings or warehouses.

If not I don't know then.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Wow I cant believe this isnt getting more attention.
I'm not saying its a bonafide UFO, but it surely hasnt been debunked in the least bit yet.

I just checked back half expecting a side by side with some toddler bath toy that matches it exactly, but to my surprise, nada.

Lets get on the ball ATS!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I live in Chicago, but what part of Chicago this was taken?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

It was taken on approach to one of the airports, I dont think the original source states which one.

Does the skyline look familiar to either of those airports?
edit on 31-1-2011 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Theres also something reflected or something to the right of the green thing that looks like a duck (not saying its a duck just that it looks like a duck)

I don't particularly think it looks like a duck
, but I do think that this smaller image may be just as important to this discussion.

To me, it does look like a reflection. I will admit that I have only been in two passenger airplanes in my life and that was about 17 years ago, so I don't know exactly what they look like inside as far as what materials the seats are made out of, but to me it looks as if it could be 2 armrests, and part of the seat in between them. The other smaller white object looks as if it could be something that is on the floor in front of the seats.

The fact that he says he did not notice anything unusual until he got home and looked at the picture, seems to cause me more to the belief that it is just a reflection. Although I do realize he was travelling at a high speed and very likely could not have noticed something in the sky while taking the picture. Think about the timing though, this is centered in the window and pic. That's quite a coincidence that he just happened to accidentally capture this image and centered. This does not in any way make it not possible to be an object in the sky, just something to think about.

Edit- I forgot to add that IF it is a reflection of the seats, it is a very strange reflection. If it is a reflection and only this is visible, but it does seem somewhat plausible to me.
edit on 1/31/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
reply to post by sam_inc

It was taken on approach to one of the airports, I dont think the original source states which one.

Does the skyline look familiar to either of those airports?
edit on 31-1-2011 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

We have two airports (Midway and O'hare) and they're lots light in both airports in Chicago, but I believe this was taken in O'hare area. He or she was probably in a hotel.

Edit: sorry, this was probably taken on a plane or something, i mean the hotels near the airports aren't that high, this very high off the ground. Unless she took this pic in a condo downtown Chicago?
edit on 31-1-2011 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2011 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

He or she was probably in a hotel.

If you go to the link and read his statement, he states that he is in an airplane approaching landing. He states that he took this pic upon landing, just as he always does.
edit on 1/31/11 by BrokenCircles because: changed "upon arriving home" (an assumption on my part) to 'upon landing'.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I think this picture is real

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

Lol .... thats exactly what pop in my head the moment I see this picture
either that or a scout spacecraft in Starcraft.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
I think this picture is real

Could you please explain a little bit more here?
Real how?

I dont think anyone is saying the photo is fake, just trying to determine what was actually captured in the photo.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It seems real enough, just that the whole image is blurred. The object seems to be outside all right, since it is partially blotting out the grid system of lights on the ground.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join