It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Country to Live off Grid

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ysterlong

haha nah ur alright "hey bro"!
now cook me some eggs!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
Any thoughts on Belize or central south america?

that is where the Bush Family will be migrating to
from what I have read. Jr. has purchased loads
of land in Central America. Course, loads of CIA
and ex-CIA are down there as well.
However, that may be for the pure reason
on a non-extraditing governmental policy.

edit on 1/31/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Has anyone been there? Belize? How is it--infrastructure? Housing?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArieZ
i just got back from Panama an theres endless amounts of fresh water and fish not to mention pineapple and mango everywhere...they have squatters rites and plenty of places to dissapear

And be sure to take plenty of quinine tablets and mosquito nets.

edit on 14/2/11 by 1088no5 because: spelling error

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
i would rather be in australia then any where else, why?

22 million (?) population, after cataclysm, SHTF it will be alot less probably, most of the population live ON the coast or not far away so if a massive tsunami/tidal surge hits thats where the lives are gonna get lost.

not many people own GUNS, thus making it alot safer

alot of people nowadays couldn't live off the land, they would stick to the wrecks of city's and such, very dangerous.

the people who do move far in land would have alot of space to them selves i would think, this is a big country.

this would be a safe option, there are places inland that get alot of rainfall, plenty of wild game, trees, creeks,

this is my safe haven, man from down under
... peace

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
You might want to check out Libya. I hear its nice this time of year. I think the best place to live off the grid would be the country where you know your surroundings and terrain the best. It would also be a huge plus to speak whatever the local language is. I don't think setting up a nice off grid system in a third world country would be a very good idea because it would draw too much attention to yourself.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'll stay in Peru.
Not THAT developed, very nice people and food, 90% of the worlds microclimates, you can buy land on the andes or the jungle and get los fast. It is also very cheap!
Not much contaminated as the rest of the world.

The downside is that not a lot of people speak english.

Cheers
Jechu

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
The topic dicussed above is really very informational.Thanks for sharing.
www.flatglass.com.au...

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Siberia. I'm not joking. Size alone makes it a daunting task to find anything in, much less a single person who knows how to keep his tracks hidden.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I will recommend not including Australia....too many things there all designed to KILL you...even stepping on a fish can kill you in seconds there....ridiculous!

Depends on what scenarios you are entertaining....but I'd think some island off of either South America or Africa would be pretty good, as long as it provided you with game and farmland. Let's face it, in a nuke scenario, these are likely the only two areas in a temperate climate that WON'T be inundated with blasts and radiation. No worries here about a zombie apocalypse, hehe..... Likewise, most other types of global catastrophes would likely not affect you here. Never underestimate the effectiveness of a good natural barrier like being surrounded by ocean.

The problem with some of the suggestions (like Siberia) is that off the grid, it makes these harsh environments even moreso, and presents you with more challenges than opportunities.

Any place in the Middle East is out, as the constant conflicts there can easily put you in the realm of "collateral damage"....not to mention, can be a harsh place if you don't share the customs.
edit on 26-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
If you're really thinking about doing something like this, I would strongly encourage you to take an extended vacation to the areas on your list.

I've been to some south American countries and would not choose to live there. I would go back to visit and vacation but not to live.

Many people choose to live there because of their economic situations.

But remember, you are the foreigner.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by greenovni

That Costa Rica idea is pretty intriguing, kind of like Jesse Ventura's move to Mexico. Great site too, has a LOT of information on it.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Anyplace but the UP. is a good place to live off the grid.
(I want everyone to go somewhere else so I can just tend my garden, make firewood, and go fishing and hunting.)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

You do know that only people who have been to Michigan even know what UP stands for, right?
(Upper Peninsula, though I've heard more colorful, local interpretations)....

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Its not that bad! We do have many poisonous snakes, spiders, big crocs and sharks, a little blue ringed octopus that can kill you in 20 minutes, a fish that hurts so much if you step on it you want to cut your leg off or worse, jellyfish with 20 foot long tendrils that if they touch you you get paralyzed and drown, the poorest soils in the world, few edible native plants, frequent droughts that end in floods.... but it isn't that bad really....honestly.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

I'd say Mongolia. There is basically only the capital and the rest is full of nomads already livinf offgrid since Genghis Khan died.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join