It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Country to Live off Grid

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
What is the best country to live off grid in? If it comes down to the SHTF what is the best country? What if the S does not HTF--what is the best country to just unplug and get your family out of the rat race? It's an endless cycle.

I've been looking at the following:

1. Stay in USA-small towns (where we are now) not seeing this as a viable alternative mainly due to cost of living and lack of land etc-even though it's a small town there is no sense of community.
2. Belize--Looks good--Hurricanes--chances of kidnapping etc but this looks good.
3. Costa Rica--Looks even better than Belize
4. Canada--big enough get lost in
5. New Zealand/Australia-don't really seem like good options
6. Looking now at small island nations and africa.
7. Not seeing anywhere in Europe as viable option

Just kinda throwing this out for discussion and to see if anyone has any experience in this are.

thanks mates!

amazing

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The place is where your at.
If you know what i mean.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Antarctica, but stay away from the Star Gate..

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
lol maybe not that far off grid! lol I'm thinking my survival skills my be tested living in a temperate climate enough ...let alone in sub zero temps.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Russia and a couple of other eastern europian countries may have parts that would be ok to live off grid. Africa probably wouldn't be a good plave to try to live off grid, though some parts would be better than others. Most of the US has sections that would be good for living off grid, but the coast are mostly non options, especially the east coast. Canada would be tough mostly because of winters, but that is a problem in the northern US as well as the Russia.
edit on 31-1-2011 by JDBlack because: typo

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
lol maybe not that far off grid! lol I'm thinking my survival skills my be tested living in a temperate climate enough ...let alone in sub zero temps.

Was only joking...
Get a few bucks together and get to some of the Island chains..
Fijian Islands or something like that..
Build a hut and go fishing..

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I say the Canadian Wilderness. There are many people who live off the grid successfully, whether mild or harsh winters.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
i just got back from Panama an theres endless amounts of fresh water and fish not to mention pineapple and mango everywhere...they have squatters rites and plenty of places to dissapear

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
australia no good??? wot wot wot!!!
we have stacks of land , everyclimate u can think of
one of the best most innocent cultures in the world
and if u want community look no further
heaps of options down here

cheapish too

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
it isnt really "off the grid" so to speak, but the SAFEST place will always be Switzerland...that is where the bankers who control everything are based out of and where they keep all their money...that is why they are "neutral" so to speak...neutral if you dont count aiding and abetting Nazis, that is...nothing bad (manmade anyway) will ever happen to the swiss...so trust me, if there is one thing i know to be true after years of studying the NWO, its that NOTHING will ever happen to Switzerland...but, good luck getting them to let you in...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by HenryPatrick
it isnt really "off the grid" so to speak, but the SAFEST place will always be Switzerland...that is where the bankers who control everything are based out of and where they keep all their money...that is why they are "neutral" so to speak...neutral if you dont count aiding and abetting Nazis, that is...nothing bad (manmade anyway) will ever happen to the swiss...so trust me, if there is one thing i know to be true after years of studying the NWO, its that NOTHING will ever happen to Switzerland...but, good luck getting them to let you in...

Yet I hear many elite, including the Queen, are buying property near Denver Airport..
Do they know something or are the stories false??

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

i actually havent heard about the elite buying property near there but will look into it because that certainly is not surprising, what with it being the "New World Airport" and all...and, if you are more worried about 2012 type stuff than the NWO coming to get you, the Rockies in the middle of America is one of the safest places you could be...thats why they built NORAD Wyoming...if the oceans wash over the land, they are going to have to travel a long way in both directions to get you out there...the winters make it pretty hard to be growing your own food, though...i have often said that i will be vacationing in the Rockies in 12/12, and i well may do just that, just in case...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

when you say you have looked into Australia as being a place to live off the grid, why do say it is not a good option.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Living off the grid, apart from living without electricity means a lot of thing, because you can live without electricity but you can not save yourself from artificial electromagnetic radiations which covers almost the whole earth.

So, truly living of the grid would mean living in a place where you can't get any mobile, radio, TV signals. And i think there is almost no place left on earth where you wont get those signals.

Electromagnetic Fields In Subway Trains ! We are Irradiated 24x7.,

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by questcequecest
australia no good??? wot wot wot!!!
we have stacks of land , everyclimate u can think of
one of the best most innocent cultures in the world
and if u want community look no further
heaps of options down here

cheapish too

You haven't read Andrew McGahan's Underground, have you?

Under John Howard Australia seemed to be fast becoming the 53rd state. How now?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Belcultassi

distance simple as that
lots and lots of distance

if your living off the grid all of that stuff is pretty irrelevant in my 'book' haha
if ofcourse u arent just living away from the grid and still participating every now and again

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

and my favourite

www.joe-ks.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
when asking a question such as this,
one might be wise to look and see what the
elites are doing.

Jim Rogers of Soros' Quantum Fund has sold
his house in NY and has moved to Singapore.
He has also hired special tutors to make sure his
2 young daughters are fluent in English as well
as Mandarin Chinese. And that would concur with
George Soros youtube video where he states the
next superpower will be China based on a Yaun
monetary system.

Here is Jim Rogers of Quantum Fund

related article:
if you're smart you move to Asia - by Jim Rogers
www.cnngo.com...

edit on 1/31/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDBlack
Russia and a couple of other eastern europian countries may have parts that would be ok to live off grid. Africa probably wouldn't be a good plave to try to live off grid, though some parts would be better than others. Most of the US has sections that would be good for living off grid, but the coast are mostly non options, especially the east coast. Canada would be tough mostly because of winters, but that is a problem in the northern US as well as the Russia.
edit on 31-1-2011 by JDBlack because: typo

Russians and people in other eastern European countries who already live off-grid as that is their way of life, may object to having their territory invaded by outsiders. Especially 'rich' outsiders carrying handy bug out bags full of useful equipment.

Here is a true story that I cannot verify as it comes from the person who experienced it, no evidence!

A young Polish woman and her two small children, were abandoned by husband and father who had decided to join the SS and shack up with a German woman. The Polish woman decided to get the hell out of Warsaw as she could not deal with seeing her husband and his new bint parading their privilege about town. She converted the pram into a sled, packed her children and a few belongings into it and trekked across Poland. It was her plan to get to a safe port and then head for Canada, where she planned a new life. As a Catholic, she felt sure she would find sanctuary in various churches on the way.

One day, after days without food, she came across a beetroot field, the crop frozen into the ground. She scratched at the ground with her bare hands and eventually dug out a beet and set about preparing to cook it for her children to eat. She did not anticipate the Russian soldier who had been following her, waited until the beet was ready to eat, and then attacked her. Rather than risk being killed and her children being left to the harsh environment and the mercy of a man who would steal stolen food from the mouths of children, she let the beet go.

She and her children survived and made it to Canada.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Being Canadian I can say this.
You have to work with the land here.
If you reach an accord with land here you and the land will be fine.

Any one who does not won't last long enough to bother those who do
edit on 31-1-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Belcultassi

Under John Howard Australia seemed to be fast becoming the 53rd state. How now?

Spot on -- I casually refer to Australia as "USA Lite". The "mini-me" of the USA...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join