It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber Raids Threaten British, US Stock Markets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Cyber Raids Threaten British, US Stock Markets

news.smh.com.au

Stock exchanges in Britain and the United States have enlisted the help of the security services after finding out they were the victims of cyber attacks, The Times newspaper reported Monday.

The London Stock Exchange (LSE) is investigating a terrorist cyber-attack on its headquarters last year while US officials have traced an attack on one of its exchanges to Russia, according to the British newspaper.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.france24.com
news.smh.com.au

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I'm actually surprised that this is the first I have read about this (it might be something I have missed previously?).

But cyber attacks on Western stock markets by Russia in order to achieve the destabilisation of Western economies?

Perhaps it could be a covert Russian op? (we all know that the end of the cold war didn't make instant, undisputed allies of the U.S and Russia).

Could it be the NWO/Illuminati etc. attempting to spread fear and panic to achieve their diabolical goals?

OR

I currently work for an I.T consulting company and it is common knowledge that a large percentage of spam and malicious applications, viruses etc. have an IP address originating in Russia.

With modern technology and things such as virtual infrastructure, datacentres etc. it is possible for a remote desktop to have its outbound traffic redirected through a gateway in Russia and reflect that IP address.

It could be damn near anyone! But an interesting article nonetheless.

news.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Hmmm Gerald Celente did said something about a Cyberattack in Wall Street in Russia Today. I forgot where to find the thread though

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

I did do a search on related threads before I posted this but couldn't find anything, so I made it one

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

I said this a long time ago and people laughed at me. That the stock market had a worm that was taking money out and posting fake stock crashes to cover for the money being stolen. It was put into the system at the world trade center and after to replicated to other stock exchanges they hit the towers with planes to cover any trace of where it originated. They shipped the money to china and it funded and was used for America to attack an old foe of Russia the Taliban. which they had spy's in the cia giving bad Intel to President to make it happen. The chinese added interest to our stolen money pushing us farther in debt to them.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
So are really doomed? It seems are economy was hijacked by outside forces already. How can we stop it?

'

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

i wouldnt worry to much America is making a super computer that china and russia only wish they could get their hand on its so far past anything they have right now its scary. www.ncsa.illinois.edu... here's a link. This will make all their information virtually unsafe because it can decrypt files that would take your computer 100,000, years to do. That means anything hooked to the internet such as power plants, electrical grids, missile defense systems all can be shut down or taken over even their stock exchange and its said to be operational this year

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

But I thought China has the fastest computer in the World the Tianhe or something. Some US officials said that it could blow the number one existing machine in the US

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

read the article 10 petaflops (10 quadrillion calculations every second thats a trillion to the trillionth power every second. China is lucky if their computer get a petaflop and this is 10 petaflops.

new topics

top topics

join