It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G'day from Down Under

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by the2people

Sorry i gotta add this, as soon as the word ''Dude'' was mentioned i had to add this. It's one of the funniest movies i have seen

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Ronny John!! Classic!

Did you see the sketch about Gnochi

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

i agree, you have to lable the gnocchi for the retardeds!!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Hi, can you help me understand how and what "Flag" means and also how do I get the little faces on to my posts.
thanks!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Nice, but hows this, and well before the TSA crap..

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2people
reply to post by Sauron

Hi, can you help me understand how and what "Flag" means and also how do I get the little faces on to my posts.
thanks!

Other posters can flag your thread if they think it's worthy..
I flagged it cause you're an Aussie..

Ohh yeah, the smiles etc should be on the right when you are typing a reply..
Just click on one to add it..

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Hi, can you please help me understand what and how to FLAG and also how do I put the little faces on to my posts.
Thanks!!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

thanks mate

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Chopper read makes me proud to be a Australian.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

G'day Mate, Im new to ATS and I have also wanted to clear the air of any conspiracys out their, stone the crows I've never heard of a damn flamin shrimp down under here, maybe throw some blue claw yabbies on the barbie or a peice of lamb, snags go well on the barbie too.

If your a true Aussie dont forget the way your grandad spoke too you.
edit on 31-1-2011 by dniMnepO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
This thread is hilarious! I love it how all us Aussies are telling each other how to talk/type! I know people that do talk like that but I don't. I am from South Australia and we speak more "plum in mouth". I do say G'day though occasionally - I think it's cute. By the way, I don't have a misses because I am a straight female who LOVES her veggie patties on the barbie...yummo!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

Are you serious?

I have never seen so many aussie punns in one paragragh

What part of Aus are you from because here in Melbourne no one talks like that......

"Fair dinkum" sport if you are a "Dinky Di True Blue" Aussie you speak like that all the time! Don't worry about the drongo's that don't understand the "Ocka Lingo" coz "She'll be right mate!"

As the "Old Mate" "Cobber" said just jump in the Commodore go to the "butcher not the block" grab a few "Bangers" or "Snags" & shot em on the Barbee & don't come the "Raw Prawn" with me!. While you are there don't forget to pick up a bottle of that "Bonza" "You Beaut" "Bundy Bear Nightmare" stuff, a "slab"/"box"/"case" of VB "Stubbies"/"Throw Down - Twist Tops" (Nah "stuff it" - Get a "Keg") & a loaf of "Dodger" so you can make yourself some "Sanga's". There's always Sam Kekovich & his bush lamb delicacies to have a feed! Then to get ya "Shin-Dig" really started get your "Wireless" & crank up "Acca Dacca" & "She'll be apples mate". Don't forget the Ice in the "Esky" & "Aerogard" for fighting the "Blowies" & "Mozzies"!

If that's not your "Cuppa tea" "China" you can always have a "Nellie Bligh" or "Dogs Eye" with a few "pots"/"Schooies" down the local "Booza"! While you are there don't get into a "Blue", or get "blind" and "Pull your head in" & stop acting like your at "Schoolies Week"!. Otherwise the "Jacks" might "chuck ya" in the "Divvy Van"/"Paddy Wagon"/"Bull wagon" & "lock ya up" for the night!

Remember have a good "Spell" you know "Flat out like lizard drinking"

Awwwww "Crikey Cripes" "Me guts" feels like it's gonna explode. Better get off to the "Dunny"/"Thunder Box" fast!

Oi Oi Oi

Seriously we only use maybe one or two "Aussie-isms" at any one given time sometimes none....... Strewth!

LOL LOL
edit on 31-1-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Don't you love being an aussie. No where else in the world do people have such a unique vocabulary as us!!!
"Flamin' heck" is actually on a very popular tv show.Bloody funny. I think that our ability to not take our selves seriosly is the key to why people want to be an aussie. I mean Americans pretend to be sooooo patriotic but.......underneath all the flag waving and nation anthem singing they long to be an aussie! We abbsolutely love being aussies, but, to prove our love we don't have to have the nation flag hanging from our front door.We aussies don't live to work, we work for the weekend so that we can have a barbie!!!!! On monday morning we are thinking, thank god it's only 4 more days till the weekend! So some advice to the rest of the world, just relax and don't watch fox news, because they are not fair and balanced!:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
G-day and welcome to the ATS boards. Lots of Aussies here, funny and smart, you have alot to live up too

Good luck, see you out there.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! If you have any unanswered questions or would like help with anything, please don't hesitate to PM me.
- NWD

top topics

<< 1   >>

join