It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I now Understand the Feminine Mystique just a little bit more.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Yesterday was a life changing day for me. There was actual magic in the air.
It is so hard to explain yet I shall try my best.

I attended a very special Belly Dancing show.

It was set up so that each female would give a 5-10 minute performance. There were all kinds of different women from all over the world. Some were actually professional and have won awards.

Belly dancing is not completely sexual. It can be sexy, but there is much more to it than that. It is a dance of the female energies of the world. As the host of the show explained, belly dancing is all about the belly, boobs, and hips. It is also about the gift of childbirth that women go through.

The performances themselves were mindblowingly unique and oh so beautiful.

I have to say my favorite performance was the first one. It was this shy cute Japanese female who did not speak very much english. I actually met her shortly before the show and she was very reserved and such.

Imagine my surprise when the music started and she came out and let loose! Her dance transcended language barriers as she gave the most cute energetic performance ever!!!! Turns out it was her first ever performance! It was amazing!! It started off the show in a great way.

Next up was my second favorite dance. It was an older woman, and she gave us a more traditional gypsy belly dance. Hers was so emotional, and for me, it conveyed the trials and tribulations that women have had to go through throughout human history. But her dance also showed the iron will and perserverance of women. A masterful expert performance.

There were about 6 more women who danced, and they each brought their own unique styles from around the world. It was entrancing and mystifying watching all of them. Phew, what a great show.

Best part, afterwards I got to hang out with all of them!!!! WOOOO!
I was able to share my praise for all of them, and they were very happy about it.

There was just so much love and amazingness. Ahhhh... Great night.

I truly do understand women a little bit better now.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: Bumping this for all the awesome women and ladies in my Life! Love you all [well Mostly]

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

That is amazing, but since I do not know you I do not know from which perspective you were; are you male or female?

From what I understand there are more men performing than ever before. I wonder if they represent the opposite energy cycle and depth based on their personal orientation, or if they are simply very "gifted" in such movements? Do you think these women realized what you realized?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Congratulations grasshopper.

The wisdom you gained from your experience should serve you well in your relationships with women.

I took belly dancing classes in 1976 and can say being able to control your body in such a manner is gratifying not only to the watcher but also to the dancer.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I am a male.

Thus, my understanding of women is limited. BUT, last night I truly learned much about females.

I am still thinking about it right now.

It makes me realize women are treasures that need to be treated with the utmost respect.

They are a gift to the Earth and I love and adore their beautiful energy they give to the world.

Thank you ladies. So much.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Hehe, most of those dances where fine tuned for hundreds if not thousands of years by women for the singular goal of seducing men. Don't feel to bad your in the same company as Emperor Justine who ended up marrying a belly dancer(who also "saved" the the Byzantine Empire from becoming the Byzantine Republic but I digress).

The only struggle women really had to face over the course of history was boredom; aside from the "normal" class based suffering all humans had to endure.

top topics

join