It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans how do you feel about YOUR tax $$$ going to Egypt?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by StarLightStarBright2

Basically once the tax money is taken who knows where it goeas really. If it was being sent elsewhere to help out then thats fine as I would hope if the same circumstances were upon the US others would help as well..

So I dont really care If the tax money goes to build a bomb why not let it help save a life.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
OP, you act surprised? The USG his given Haiti 170 million every year since 1970. We have been allocating funds to Mexico for just as long if not longer? We've been giving every other country our money for decades, instead of using those very same funds to help our very own citizenry. Apparently, the upper echelons of power seem to think that nurturing other countries makes us look better in front of other countries, when behind those very same doors, those other countries are laughing at us for not taking care of our own!
The US has become a laughing stock! And sometimes, I'm ashamed I'm even an American~

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Our tax money went to Egypt .. mostly to the military .. so we could control it and keep things quiet. It was never supposed to go to the people. It went to keeping the peace.

Now that the Muslim Brotherhood has started their CALIPHATE .. and make no mistake about it, that's what is starting to happen ... no I don't want a single penny going to Egypt or any other 'Muslim Brotherhood' mini-Caliphate. But of course, Obama sucks up to the Muslim Brotherhood, so he'll be feeding the croc ... :shk:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree, our funds should not go to fund the new caliphate. Though I would agree that in their own country, they should have what ever works. But not funded by us!

for those of you who dont know what a caliphate is:

The term caliphate (from the Arabic خلافة or khilāfa, Turkish: Halife ) refers to the first system of government established in Islam, and represented the political unity of the Muslim Ummah (nation). In theory, it is a constitutional republic[1] (see Constitution of Medina), meaning that the head of state (the Caliph) and other officials are representatives of the people and must govern according to Islamic law, which limits the government's power over citizens. It was initially led by Muhammad's disciples as a continuation of the political system the prophet established, known as the 'rashidun caliphates'. It represented the political unity, not the theological unity of Muslims as theology was a personal matter. It was the world's first major welfare state.[2] (Although this is also claimed by the Mauryan Empire, 800 years earlier)[3]. A "caliphate" is also a state which implements such a governmental system.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Ya i was surprised....My eyes are opening to all the government bull....Never had a lot of interest until recently.I guess i am feeling ignorance IS bliss now because it can really anger me at times.

Imo we need to stop helping other country's till we help ours.Then if that ever happens we need to some how find a way to help the country's that have corrupt leaders by getting the money right to the people and NOT the leaders.
edit on 2-2-2011 by StarLightStarBright2 because: (no reason given)

eta your avatar is frigging scary!

edit on 2-2-2011 by StarLightStarBright2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Thank you for the explanation on what Caliphate means!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join