It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Revolution Begins Feb. 4th

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I don't understand why everything has to do with the west or the Americans? And as if the west loves ME anyways. Each country is independent in it's beliefs, system, culture and history but some of you guys paint it as one and you will never know unless you experience it personally.
At least those people are not cowards and will go against the tyranny for the whole better of the society.
I salut each and everyone of them and wish them the best.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sallamy

Without being able to blame the US for everything, some governments would actually have to tell their people they voted morons into office. Why do that when the easiest solution to solving any problem is to blame it on someone else, regardless of whether its true or not.

Tip of the day - The secret to success is knowing who to blame for your failures.

Demotivators rock.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN

Originally posted by macman
Our presence did not provoke them. The have never liked the west. This has been since time.

So when time began, they all woke up and declared their hatred for the West? Just because they felt like it? It was entirely unprovoked? This is what you believe?

I bet you believe the Japanese were not provoked in to attacking Pearl Harbor either, don't you?

They have hated the west/US since dirt was invented. Don't be naive in thinking that is the reason why. It's an excuse.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Couldn't agree more. In the end all the divisions are false and pale when compared to this kind of momentum. I hope it keeps up. For once if we could keep this at the human level, maybe the politics would sort themselves out.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Man this is great news. I hope Iran joins the party and overthrows their stupid and criminal government. Maybe this is how Democracy takes over the world? Not through war but facebook/twitter protests.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Where is Austin Powers when you need him.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Not going to happen.

Why?
Syria, along with every other middle-eastern nation has watched Egypt very carefully. Their guns are already loaded and I'll bet you a mint that they have already "suppressed" any folks that might have thought of following in Egypts footsteps.

With that being said, The leadership in some of these countries might welcome the new leadership in Egypt. It may be even more "American-unfriendly".

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Wake up to what, these guys egos are so large they will end themselves, too.

I personally am laughing my head off at there pathetic attempts to hold onto power.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

You know that Fox news (and, indeed, Glenn Beck, the pied piper of Soros-hating) is funded by Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal----the same guy funding the so-called "Ground Zero Mosque" and, according to Fox news, terrorism? And you know that the Koch brothers fund the Tea Party Patriots, right?

We can play the money trail game. All day.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

Syrian Revolution Begins Feb. 4th

www.facebook.com

After Friday prayers, 4 / February is the first day of anger for the Syrian people proud. Comprehensive civil disobedience in all cities, all.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Civil Disobedience ? That is is not a way to bring about change. Why would you destroy where you live when all you want is better leaders that will listen to the people .. ?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VI0811

Some people actually want real change, not just people to listen to them...

You must realize that people when they really look at what they want, does NOT have to include fear of keeping what they already are "allowed" to have.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
reply to post by VI0811

Some people actually want real change, not just people to listen to them...

You must realize that people when they really look at what they want, does NOT have to include fear of keeping what they already are "allowed" to have.

I am really not sure what that has to do with what I said. The people can organize and rally for change without destroying their own homes and cities. One needs to remember, if you bring about change with violent riots and disobedience, then its the same people that are left to pick up the pieces. If they want a new government, then starting off with a new way shouldn't entail having to spend X amount of dollars rebuilding the very city you destroyed to get change moving.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Henry Makow linked Soros to Egypt a few days ago. I'm not a big fan of Makow on any level, I think the guy has some serious issues.

I didn't buy into it then but... You never know, he's gotta be right at least once.

www.henrymakow.com...

www.cabaltimes.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
They have hated the west/US since dirt was invented. Don't be naive in thinking that is the reason why. It's an excuse.

Then what is the reason for their hatred, macman? Please enlighten me. If our interference in their political affairs, invasions and occupations of their lands, theft of their natural resources, and establishments of monstrous embassies and military bases in their cities as a reminder of who their daddy is aren't the reasons why they hate us, then holy Jesus there must be something huge I am forgetting.

You are obviously in the know on this subject. Please inform those of us who aren't as gifted why the Middle East developed a simultaneous and unanimous hatred for the West and the United States with no provocation?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join