It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teach me Something

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hey all, I read post after post about people talking of stepping into the next dimension and going onto astral planes and etc. Half of me wants to believe that kind of ability is possible, the other half tells me people are nuts and exaggerate dreams etc. I've had one expierience in my life that was out of body, it was a state of dream paralysis I believe. I floated through my house, up from my bed and through to my kitchen then I opened my eyes in bed, but was unable to move my body. Somebody tell me how you can actually teach your body to do these kind of things willingly.

Short blunt post.. if you would like more info elaborated let me know

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xagathorn

I don't know if its about teaching your body. I think its about clearing the doors of perception in your mind. To that end I would recommend an ayahuasca ceremony under the supervision of shamans, and maybe some shamanic training if they will give it to you.

www.ayahuasca-shamanism.co.uk...

edit on 30-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Some food for thought, ATS style

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I've tried this several times with no result. One time i was really concentrating and got weird physical results of my body shaking and feeling extremely heavy. From what i've read I was almost there, just didn't have the concentration i guess to go that extra step. I personally believe there are several planes of exhistance. 7 actually, that line up with the 7 chakras. When i say i believe it, I mean that I have read some stuff on them and they sound logical and interesting. I have no actual proof myself. I believe 9'11 was an inside job too but I've never even been to New York so take my opinions with a grain of salt. Lets say I would like to believe it is true. If you want to learn more on this, David Wilcocks has some interesting stories and theories.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I agree with the poster before me, David Wilcock would be a great source of all things supernatural, as an introduction into the subjects and possibilities. I first discovered David via a whistle blowing website called Project Camelot. Camelot has dozens and dozens of video and audio interviews with veeerry interesting people, like David Wilcock. This is the first video in 4 part interview, highly recommend for you:

As for learning to exit your body, I know of a website with loooaaads of information and techniques on how to accomplish out of body experiences:
www.lucidology.com...

edit on 1/30/11 by metalshredmetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Dude I've had a few obe's. One in particular was EXCEPTIONALLY VIVID. Like honestly, you wouldn't believe how amazing that scenario is once you achieve full lucidity. But I also had a lucid dream where I didn't leave my body, I just had extreme control of the dream and the awareness was just like normal waking awareness. Lucid dreaming really is all its cracked up to be. Persevere.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
First of all you need to get into focus 10 also known as "twilight zone", "buffer state", etc (basically feels like sleep paralysis, but with some additional sensations including "vibrations")

Do this before sleep, or right after you wake up in the morning:

1. Lie on your back, your limbs should not cross (google shavasana for pictures, your palms should be facing down though).
2. Start breathing slow and deeply.
3. Relax all of your muscles, including face. This may take a while. Good relaxation is when you feel heaviness and warmth inside your body.
4. Concentrate in the center of forehead (ajna chakra) and breath "into" it until you feel heavy pressure in this spot.
5. When the pressure becomes really heavy, you can ease your concentration. However don't break relaxation or breathing pattern.
6. Tell yourself not to fall asleep and just let your thoughts freely float until you feel a sharp shift of consciousness into etheric body. You won't miss it.

Now you are in focus 10, don't mind any sensations you may experience. You feel that your etheric body is floating, but still tied to physical body.
There are many techniques for forcing astral body out (180˚ turn, "climb the rope", etc), but I advise you to just wait while this process is naturally happening. Keep in mind that despite of all overwhelming sensations, focus 10 is more shallow than sleep paralysis, so try not to move at all.

When the process is finished you will feel another shift of consciousness and a substantial change in perception.
Now your consciousness is in astral body, mission accomplished.

Of course you may (and most definitely will) experience some problems during these steps. So don't get demotivated after the first failure.

Good luck!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
From what i have read from a book and been told from a friend of mine, to astral project you have to still your mind and thoughts to a point that your body will go into what is called muscle paralysis. Like your body is asleep but your mind is awake. The feeling of your body getting heavy, that was your minds consciousness slowly being shifted into your astral or etheric body, and you were raising your minds vibration to a vibration similar to that of the astral planes. Everything that exists in the Astral plane are bodies or entities of a naturally higher vibration then to ours on earth currently. By astral projecting we are temporarily raising our minds vibration to a vibration allowing our minds to co-exist in the astral plane. But as for going that extra step, once you are able to control your thoughts, you will be able to let go. Think of every one of your thoughts as ripples in a pond. Still your pond. We are multidimensional beings, our body is just a vehicle.
edit on 30-1-2011 by AUStechnique because: Accidentally left what you had written in the box so i could reply to it better. woops

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
the comment a few spots above me was spot on
edit on 30-1-2011 by AUStechnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the input. Next time I find myself in a relaxed enough state to try it again I'll see if I can't use your advise.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thank you guys for the posts, I'll give some of these methods and info a chance.
2nd line.

top topics

join