It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would the U.S. do if a new Egyptian government negated its Peace Accords with Israel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Anwar Saddat was assassinated for a number of reasons, but his peace accords did serve as his greatest achievement. Mubarak has maintained those peace accords. If a new government takes over, and they choose to negate those accords, how do we react to such an action? Any change in the balance of power of the area could be extremely important to the safety of this volatile region.

What actions should we be ready to take?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
That's the business of the Egyptians and Israel.

The last few adventures the Egyptians initiated against Israel didn't turn out so well, so the Egyptians would do well to maintain those agreements.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I would be very shocked if the treaty was negated. This would cause major problems and leave Israel alone. The US would have to step in as we are allies. This sounds like biblical prophecy...(somewhat). Could be another stepping stone to ww3

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by britishsas

Actually the U.S and Israel aren't allies by the formal definition. Nothing was ever signed due to Israel not wanting to have to "step in" should the U.S. ever need backup....

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
true however it was a verbal agreement not so much allies just not enemies.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Egypt wouldn't have to formally disavow the treaties to negate their effect. Egypt and Saudi Arabia are the two big leaders to support the "Arab Nation." Underneath the official policies, Saudi Arabia is one of the largest financial supporters of radical Islamic elements, and will under tension from its own people, should the Egyptian leaders work behind the scenes to provide advanced U.S. weaponry to these radical elements. After all, one of the "paybacks" to Egypt for supporting peace with Israel was to receive advanced American arms and supplies. What if these "leak" to Hezbollah, etc.?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
That, in my opinion, is why the other countries are fueling the frenzy. They want the Egyptian government overthrown so that they can put in someone that follows their lead, instead of Israel’s.

Remember, they want to drive the jews into the ocean. Egypt’s peace accord is an impediment to that. The peace accord means that there is one less boarder for Israel to defend. That means it is easier for Israel to defend it’s self.

That is the way geopolitical forces are used in the middle east. You surround your enemy and apply pressure from all sides.

I just have a feeling that they don’t grasp the fire they are playing with. All they are going to do is get millions of people nuked. I just have a feeling that if the revolt is successful and they do install that type of government, that millions of people are going to die as a result. Sooner or later.

The neighbors will try to drive their advantage home, and every country around Israel will be wiped off the map. And when the protesters get their wish, they also sign their own death warrant.

I just have that feeling in the pit of my gut that says that they are going to regret this.

edit on 30-1-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

excellent point That is somewhere along the lines of what I was hoping to say. You put it way better than I could.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

I find it highly unlikely, Egypt would most likely want to focus on rebuilding itself rather than going to war with Israel.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
send in the USS Liberty
*sigh*

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
One area that would lend stability between the two nations is that they share in a fair number of NGOs and PMCs, mostly set up by the U.S./E.U./NATO.

I know, lots of guys are sighing and saying, "Here he goes again about the NGOs, but a part of an "underground" government, which could be abbreviated U.G., there are international elements where those in the loop gain extra benefits, and those outside the loop don't.

Germany and France and England previously went to war several times each century, yet because they now are "economic partners," it is highly impractical for that to happen again. While many NGOs are run by the "Big Boys" and simply impose their will in the little guys, the U.G. prefers to let everyone get a little piece of the pie, tying everyone together, making them dependent upon the U.G.

Beyond that, I had best not comment, for reasons well known on this site.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

That is not going to happen. The peace treaty between Israel and Egypt benefits both far beyond what you see. Actually relations between the two countries are quite friendly and would be expected to remain so regardless if the government were changed.. Don't think the Muslim brotherhood will gain control of the government as they do not have the broad support of the people. It will be pretty much business as usual.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man

That is not going to happen. The peace treaty between Israel and Egypt benefits both far beyond what you see. Actually relations between the two countries are quite friendly and would be expected to remain so regardless if the government were changed.. Don't think the Muslim brotherhood will gain control of the government as they do not have the broad support of the people. It will be pretty much business as usual.

From what I have seen from the mobs of protesters, I would not bet any money on that.

top topics

join