It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"60 Minutes": Exclusive Interview With WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I am still watching this atm and it seems balanced enough. Assange presents a clear and defined defense with inteligence. Kroft was clearly outmatched here.. It is journalists like Assange that are defending the freedom of speech.
When asked if he was anti american he answered: are founding values are those of the american revolution
nice interview,,,,
anyway without further ado i bring to you...

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

So what happened to the rest of the cables? He reckoned he had loads, then suddenly stopped...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

The cable release is slow and i dont know for sure why they are being drip fed to us. I do have a few ideas though.

1) the impact of the cables is increased if they are released slowly. it gives media and people more time to digest them. dumping a couple of hundred thousand cables together is not very digestabe. this was something wikileaks learnt with the war files

2) the cables are being censored in an attempt to remove peoples names who could be harmed because of the cables.
There is a lot of cables this will take some time. Again this was learnt from the release of the war files

3) Bradley mannings the alleged whistle blower from the american military is soon to go on trial. He has only been charged with releasing 50 or so cables. It may be possible that wikileaks are holding back the files until he goes on trial and is charged. They government dont know what he has leaked and maybe if there is no evidence available it is more difficult to charge him.

cables are being released daily. The mainstream news has reduced the exposure of them. so it is up to people to get the info out and assess what it means..

only guesses on my part though.

kx

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
very good interview. it shows just how much in bed the Media here is with the government....

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
very good interview. it shows just how much in bed the Media here is with the government....

yes it is and was highlighted today with the governments attitude to the egyptian protests and Al Jazeera English being Blacked Out Across Most Of U.S...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Wasn't he supposed to be a terrorist in the media's POV and wanted by the Swedish government who posted an international warrant for his arrest? What is this guy doing on a major TV show then?

Doesn't THAT strike you as a little bit odd?

new topics

top topics

join