It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Jazeera English Blacked Out Across Most Of U.S.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by apodictic
Open up a dictionary and read the word ignorant. There was nothing ignorant about me calling you hypocritical lol. It was in fact the truth. Sorry for pointing out your flaw.

Sorry, Highspeed. I guess my posts are just way too over the top for you to understand. "Ignorant" is making a one line, "Obama is scum" post on a thread. Wow, how long did it take for you to type that out with your thumbs?

And hypocriticial? Ace, if I only type a single sentence, that might be hyprocritical. If you go back, you'd see I actually took the time to type out several sentences explaining your BS one line post.

Your malfunction is that you don't know the meaning of the words "hypocrite" and "ignorant". Sorry for pointing that out for you. Stings, huh?

Yes, it is different. Watch Al Jazeera, then flip on Fox and see Fox conveniently "leaves" parts out and only presents parts of stories.

And you honestly think that Al Jazeera isn't presenting only part of the story that they want you do see? Do you think that they are not involved in some sort of propaganda of their own? That they are not pushing their own agenda for people to see??

Hurt feelings? From someone sitting behind the computer? LOL please you're giving yourself too much credit here.

Whatever, Craftsman.

Stings? I'm going to assume you're in your 40's. Just an assumption based on the number in your name, correct me if I'm wrong. An old man trying to insult me via the internet does not "sting," in fact it's laughable at most seeing as you obviously lack some intelligence.

Here let me help you out.

ignorance - The lack of knowledge or education

I gave my opinion, that he's scum. Am I not allowed to voice my opinion? Nothing to do with knowledge OR education for that matter. It's an opinion. If anything YOU would be the ignorant one because you fail to even understand the basic terms you keep throwing out there.

I'm not a fan of Obama by any stretch of the imagination

Then why even reply to that? Why stick your nose somewhere it doesn't belong? Do you enjoy stirring up drama on the internet? Cause I don't recall ever saying anything to you. Stop acting like a little girl. It seems like Facebook would be a better place for you than here.

hypocrisy - Hypocrisy is the act of pretending to hold beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually hold.

You gave me # for "not contributing to the thread," yet I see no contribution from yourself. At all...
Making you a hypocrite. EVEN after I elaborated on my OH SO HORRENDOUSSSSS one line post for you (That didn't affect you in any way, might I add). Do you understand those terms now?

Al Jazeera shows what's really going on...there's nothing more to it than that lol. Their "agenda" far supersedes the agenda of Fox to keep America dumb. I'd rather get my news from a first hand source in Saudi Arabia (Where all of this is actually HAPPENING) than from a news source in America known to lie. Sorry if that's not how you feel? How does it affect you that I find Al Jazeera more credible than Fox? lmao

You keep making yourself look like a fool. You haven't said ONE thing regarding the original post, STILL. You just continue to come here and whine, even after I've left. You continue to be, what's the word? HYPOCRITICAL. Stop replying cause I'm tired of getting notifications from you. Suck it up and move on with your life. "Stings, huh?"

LOL

edit on 2-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I've been saying that for years and no one listened simply because they think WMD are only nuclear but they are wrong. WMD are chemical, biological and nuclear.

Saddam used WMD upon the Kurds (and Kurdish villages) and Iranians; people selectively forget that fact.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Fair points.. I see people have forgotten about President Obamas speech to the people of Egypt on his first visit there.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Nope.. you dont get to have the argument both ways. Either Iraq had WMD's, or they did not. At the end of the first gulf war numerous UN resolutions were passed that required IRaq to give up their WMD program. Iraq continued that program in violation of those resolutions in addition to ignoring terms for the conclsuion of hostilities.

When the US invaded Iraq in 2003, they had an active WMD prgram, which was in violation of the resolutions. In order for Iraq to have a WMD program, it means they continued that program after the first gulf war, which means under the UN resolutions, the US had a right to invaded and end that program.

If people want to take exception to the actions of the US thats fine. You need to petition your government then to send peace keepers instead of everyone relying on the US to do it.

US did find Iraq WMD

I love the argument though... complain the intelligence was wrong, be proven wrong, and then the argument changes to well, they had those before.

No kidding... its the reason we invaded. Sorry if the facts do not support your position on Iraq.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Xcathdra

I've been saying that for years and no one listened simply because they think WMD are only nuclear but they are wrong. WMD are chemical, biological and nuclear.

Saddam used WMD upon the Kurds (and Kurdish villages) and Iranians; people selectively forget that fact.

The US is one of the few countries on the planet that does not accept the UN defition of a WMD pertaining only to a nuclear weapon, and imo that is a good thing. I do find it entertaining how people proclaim wikileaks as a God like entity for releasing classified information while in the same breath ignoring info from them that does not agree with an argument on WMD in Iraq.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Stings? I'm going to assume you're in your 40's. Just an assumption based on the number in your name, correct me if I'm wrong. An old man trying to insult me via the internet does not "sting," in fact it's laughable at most seeing as you obviously lack some intelligence.

Boy, you're really funny. Let me guess: Living in your mom's basement, wearing her underwear and eating cheetoes while playing Xbox, right?

I gave my opinion, that he's scum. Am I not allowed to voice my opinion? Nothing to do with knowledge OR education for that matter. It's an opinion. If anything YOU would be the ignorant one because you fail to even understand the basic terms you keep throwing out there.

I don't think that anyone has a problem with someone voicing their opinion, but there is something in the rules on ATS about being an ass-hat about it. Which you were with the "Obama is scum" comment. As I said, I don't like the guy either; I think he's the 21st Century version of Jimmy Carter. Doesn't mean that I have to resort to namecalling like a 12 year old to voice my opinion about the guy like some here do.

Then why even reply to that? Why stick your nose somewhere it doesn't belong? Do you enjoy stirring up drama on the internet? Cause I don't recall ever saying anything to you. Stop acting like a little girl. It seems like Facebook would be a better place for you than here.

Sorry, am I getting you upset and flustered? Are you turning red in the face and trembling like some 12 year old at a Justin Bieber concert? You're getting your mom's panties in a bunch over getting schooled on the rules here. Just try to be a man about it; you're just embarrassing yourself over this all.

And last I checked, this is a public board; anyone can make a comment about anything. I just pointed out how you were not following the rules and you got all flighty about it.

You gave me # for "not contributing to the thread," yet I see no contribution from yourself. At all...
Making you a hypocrite. EVEN after I elaborated on my OH SO HORRENDOUSSSSS one line post for you (That didn't affect you in any way, might I add). Do you understand those terms now?

I was giving you a chance to clean up your half-ass post before a mod slapped you down like a red-headed step child. Too bad you didn't take that chance.

Al Jazeera shows what's really going on...there's nothing more to it than that lol. Their "agenda" far supersedes the agenda of Fox to keep America dumb. I'd rather get my news from a first hand source in Saudi Arabia (Where all of this is actually HAPPENING) than from a news source in America known to lie. Sorry if that's not how you feel? How does it affect you that I find Al Jazeera more credible than Fox? lmao

Well, I'm getting a chuckle out of the fact that you think that Al Jazeera is giving you the whole story and not editing anything. Take a bit of time and do some research; Al Jazeera does have their own agenda they are trying to sell.

You keep making yourself look like a fool. You haven't said ONE thing regarding the original post, STILL. You just continue to come here and whine, even after I've left. You continue to be, what's the word? HYPOCRITICAL. Stop replying cause I'm tired of getting notifications from you. Suck it up and move on with your life. "Stings, huh?"

Dude, only one fool around here. Check the mirror, he's looking at you. And I did reply to the thread, if you actually took time and read. I said that Al Jazeera isn't all that it's cracked up to be when it comes to reporting the news. That's called, "contributing to the thread".

Now, how about sucking it up and moving on? I can see that I'm really starting to get on your childish nerves and I haven't even turned my "Obnoxious" button up to "medium" yet. Or, if you want, you can go whine to the mods about how I'm picking on you like the schoolyard bullies do when they steal your lunch money and give you a wedgie.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Ohhh I can see I really hurt your ego there old man

You're not a mod so stop trying to play Mr. Internet Police man. Don't you have a family to support or something? Or are you a fat lonely guy who got picked on in school and the only way to stroke his ego is to think he's tough by starting e-drama?

You also seem to contradict yourself. "anyone can make a comment about anything"
Yep, that's what I did, and you bitched about it...?

p.s. there's no such thing as embarrassment over the internet. well, maybe for you...

Edit: Oh, and no, you didn't contribute. The basis of this thread was corporate censorship of Al Jazeera, if you would go back and read the originial post. Not if YOU think it's a credible news source. That's you just whining at my opinion.
edit on 2-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Seems like FOX News are not happy campers over Al Jazeera's coverage of the crisis in Egypt:

www.rawstory.com...

CX

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Apodictic...Jericho.....get a room will you?

Theres enough argueing on this site as it is, no need to do it in public and ruin a good thread. It takes two to make an arguement remember.

Al jazeera has been fine here (UK though), it's the first time i've watched it for a lengthy period and to be honest it's been quite refreshing. Then again i've been used to Sky and Fox so it's not hard to improve on those two i guess.

CX.
edit on 2/2/11 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I know I'm reviving a freshly dead thread, however the only other thread I have found on Al Jazeera being "DOWN" in the USA right now is 404ing.

If you try to access it normally, you get the normal Problem Loading Page crap. Access via proxy and you're in business. Is this only the USA who is having it blocked?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I can't access aljazeera english either . I'm glad you revived the original thread. And why are we getting that 404 on the other ATS thread talking about aljazeera being down. Isn't that odd??????

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui
I can't access aljazeera english either . I'm glad you revived the original thread. And why are we getting that 404 on the other ATS thread talking about aljazeera being down. Isn't that odd??????

You can still access it by using a proxy. Also, if you have an iPhone, the Al Jazeera English app seems to be working okay. I'm wondering if this is just the USA or if it is happening in other countries too.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a-j is just overloaded. lots of traffic right now. it'll be back up.

i posted this in the big thread: www.dailymotion.com...=xg7hrs

that's the stream via another source.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
a-j is just overloaded. lots of traffic right now. it'll be back up.

i posted this in the big thread: www.dailymotion.com...=xg7hrs

that's the stream via another source.

If it was simply too much traffic the original site wouldn't still be working through a proxy...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This is what I got on Twitter 20 minutes ago:

@AJEnglish
Al Jazeera English
US readers (&perhaps others) having difficulty accessing #AlJazeera site - reason unclear.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by asianeko

I'm in japan. when i lost the original feed, i re-loaded about a half a dozen times, and maybe twice got it to load (but not stream). there's quite a few tweets (international) saying it's down across europe and the middle east. with that kind of geographic spread, it seems likely that their servers have just crashed.

it'll be back up.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I can access it through Livetv so why can't i access is through english.aljazeera.net?
www.livestation.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by fltcui

because the page you're looking at to find the stream on (english.aljazeera.net...) has crashed - not the source of the stream.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui
This is what I got on Twitter 20 minutes ago:

@AJEnglish
Al Jazeera English
US readers (&perhaps others) having difficulty accessing #AlJazeera site - reason unclear.

If this was due to servers being down reasons wouldn't be unclear.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
you can still watch live coverage through youtube here:

www.youtube.com... scroll down to the middle

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join